Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Judging from the latest construction update on 3/9/19, there's a wall coming up near SS 17-18. This would indicate a show building for MK being positioned horizontally instead of vertically. Maybe DK will take place on SS 29 after this year's HHN. While I'm not sure on fire lane restrictions being fully opened vertically, could the fire lanes be a tunnel say 20 feet high or so which would bridge the north and south plot to be a continuous land?

Reactions: Jamesh22
A question, how plausible could it be to just "redirect" the parks fire lane down there?

Not an expert on Fire Law but I would think it would be possible to agree for the lane to be moved? If anything it only needs relocating north about 200ft.

On a different note - does the fact that DK is rumoured to have been upgraded to an E ticket dark ride in Florida make us getting the coaster version less likely?

I hope not, would be nice if we were the only park to get it, and I'm guessing like the WW they want each Nintendo land to have something unique.

Reactions: HPFred and raffman
The thing that everyone seems ignore is that there is a fire lane that is splitting the Nintendo construction site into two.
Fire%20Lane.png

There is construction both North and South of the fire lane, but none on the fire lane. This leads me to believe that Hollywood version of Nintendo World will be split into two sub areas. It makes sense that the bigger plot North of the fire lane will house the Mario Kart ride and the Mushroom Kingdom. The smaller plot to the South of the fire lane would be for something else, most likely Donkey Kong.
NintendoWorld.png

Looking at the left side of that Fire Lane, it runs right into those soundstages. It would actually be more efficient to reroute it so that it turns and goes around the south side of the DK block and ties into that intersection there. The fire trucks would then have a straight shot to the fire lane from the backstage entrance to the West.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Sorry if this has been answered before, but what exactly is Mario Kart going to be in terms of the ride system? I'm imagining Radiator Springs Racers with Nintendo characters, or that Dual Power concept from Dynamic, but I'm still confused as far as what the leading rumor is.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but what exactly is Mario Kart going to be in terms of the ride system? I'm imagining Radiator Springs Racers with Nintendo characters, or that Dual Power concept from Dynamic, but I'm still confused as far as what the leading rumor is.

I thought people were saying some kind of Busbar, but I could be gladly wrong.

To stress something, I have to wonder how Universal's going to handle one thing: Space Efficiency.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Busbar as far as I know. The environments you pass through are the main draw here. The ride system will not go fast like Test Track, or a roller coaster system like the Dual Power concept.

There should be moving objects and animated backgrounds to make some scenes feel fast though.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Busbar as far as I know. The environments you pass through are the main draw here. The ride system will not go fast like Test Track, or a roller coaster system like the Dual Power concept.

There should be moving objects and animated backgrounds to make some scenes feel fast though.

Not gonna lie, that sounds mildly disappointing, but if it’s going through multiple environments, that seems pretty fun.

Reactions: alias8703

Not going to lie, not sure what a "busbar" is.

Can you show me with a picture of a similar ride system or give me an example?