Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's funny, outside of a full CGI ride, I can't imagine a Mario Kart ride in any way other than a more personal sized version of Test Track/Radiator Springs Racers. I'm very curious how this will end up!

Personally I'd be more excited about a super immersive dark ride on Yoshi's Island or elsewhere in the Mario Universe. So many colorful locations and characters that would look incredible in a dark ride or interactive/explorable land.

It's funny, outside of a full CGI ride, I can't imagine a Mario Kart ride in any way other than a more personal sized version of Test Track/Radiator Springs Racers. I'm very curious how this will end up!

Personally I'd be more excited about a super immersive dark ride on Yoshi's Island or elsewhere in the Mario Universe. So many colorful locations and characters that would look incredible in a dark ride or interactive/explorable land.
Luckily Mario Kart 8 has branched out to include other popular I.P from Nintendo which is probably one of the main reasons why the chose that specific franchise. They can explore other worlds while still have Mario as their focal point. 

Reactions: William
For Nintendo, consider a 3 level ride incorporating Transformers "lifts" to take the ride vehicles between levels.

SLoP will be a 2 level building but the ride will only exist on the second level = No lifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William and Aaron
^ that's actually a pretty awesome idea, so obvious too! Kudos dude!

I think Universal Creative is gonna have a blast thinking of rides and attractions based on Nintendo! I feel like movies are more limited in terms of what can translate into an attraction, but with Nintendo/Mario, etc, sky is the limit!

I just sincerely still have a fear that they will use Nintendo being a video game and all digital as an excuse to rely on CGI and projections again. I hope my worries will be eased soon enough.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
^ that's actually a pretty awesome idea, so obvious too! Kudos dude!

I think Universal Creative is gonna have a blast thinking of rides and attractions based on Nintendo! I feel like movies are more limited in terms of what can translate into an attraction, but with Nintendo/Mario, etc, sky is the limit!

I just sincerely still have a fear that they will use Nintendo being a video game and all digital as an excuse to rely on CGI and projections again. I hope my worries will be eased soon enough.
Easy ideas can make or break it.

But from what it seems, Universal seems pretty certain on not having Screens for the attractions of Nintendo, which in theory; it seems crazy.

But, think more about it, and when you realize it, its super easy to pull it off. Much like how SLOP (I HATE that Acronym) has the free liberity of being in a cartoon based version of NYC. It makes it more easy to loosly base the setting, but to use the stories to their fullest potential.

With Nintendo, its going to be very interesting to see how they recreate environments from the Mario Universe, and with Miyamoto on-board supposedly heavily for the projects, it going to be fun to see the End-game results for all the parks, not just Hollywood.

I have image Mario Kart would be something like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. Maybe add some digital projections for some shots (Like in the Mystic Manor in HK Disney) but mostly it be comprised of animatronics.

Reactions: Aaron
Forgot to add on to this so, Doublepost:

I should also point out, that this was also from OU; thanks to Three Pack Shugur (or Shugar, not sure which).

What will be forthcoming is the utilization of virtual reality. Something on a scale as a E-ticket attraction will be a monumental stepping stone for future theme park entertainment. Visualize... You're in Luigi's Mansion hunting down ghost in Dr. E Gadd's mobile Poltergust prototype (in the fashion of MIB vehicles). You ride through physical sets while interacting with virtual ghosts that can only be seen through your goggles (implying through story as a necessity to track down ghost).

Let's have another example via Davidisallright's idea...

Mario Kart literally can be Mario Kart. VR can allow guest to interact with various obstacles and elements that makes the ride a genuine one-of-a-kind experience. Expect the karts to be on a "track" system. However why it is the best option (besides safety) it allows the karts to respond from various elements. If you get hit by a Koopa shell, your car spins. If you use a star, it revs up.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
In a bit of salt in this rumor; Screamscape is reporting in their discovered "Masterplan" for USH that Nintendo will be heading along the wake for 2019.

For a interesting note; Osakas budget for Nintendo is being reported to be around the 350 million dollar mark. Its also that they are looking at 8 Acres of land for their version; which seems the same as how large Orlandos is rumored to be on size.

https://t.co/9ZCAOr89js

Also..take this to consideration about the word.

So, it seems if Hollywood is getting it aswell; we may get word on if it'll launch with Orlando and Japan..interesting.

Now that Nintendo has been confirmed in a location for Japan without removing any existing attractions (how much bigger can that park get?), where do we see this similar type of space at USH?  I have noticed that the space confirmed is only slightly larger than their Waterworld venue...hmm.