Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I know I'll love Nintendoland when its out but man I'm a little upset Hollywood is most likely day one only getting one ride.
I mean wish Universal just took out the Panda Express and other restaurant and made room for DK day one.

It just sucks Hollywood always gets things later or smaller.

I know I'll love Nintendoland when its out but man I'm a little upset Hollywood is most likely day one only getting one ride.
I mean wish Universal just took out the Panda Express and other restaurant and made room for DK day one.

It just sucks Hollywood always gets things later or smaller.
Worst case scenario, I think there can still be room to squeeze DK in there for a phase 2, even if yet have to totally enclose it for noise concerns. A common concern for USH has been a lack of coasters, so I’m sure they’re at least thinking about it.

I think it is pretty reasonable to split it in two phases even if they were always planning two attractions anyway. The land is tight so they have to be smart about using too much at once. Plus the overall year to year investment is pretty solid now. I'm more critical about Disney when they have lots of land in Orlando intentionally taking a long time when they slacked off for so many years, have the space, have more ways to generate revenue and really desperately need ride capacity. But they build hotels before the parks can support them.

Worst case scenario, I think there can still be room to squeeze DK in there for a phase 2, even if yet have to totally enclose it for noise concerns. A common concern for USH has been a lack of coasters, so I’m sure they’re at least thinking about it.
It just kinda sucks for year one, its going to make that land packed. Potterland had 2 rides, one walk through attraction and one show. Nintendo Land is only getting one ride which means everyone is going to flood that thing since it wont have anything else to do besides eat/shop

It just kinda sucks for year one, its going to make that land packed. Potterland had 2 rides, one walk through attraction and one show. Nintendo Land is only getting one ride which means everyone is going to flood that thing since it wont have anything else to do besides eat/shop

I'd assume all four renditions of SNW would contain the interactive elements that have been mentioned in the past for around the area.

I'd assume all four renditions of SNW would contain the interactive elements that have been mentioned in the past for around the area.
Sure but at least at Hollywood most visit HogsMeade not for those elements but the rides and shows.

One Ride that yes, I'm very much looking forward to as Mario Kart 64 was the game that got me into Nintendo but I just like a ride like DK or Yoshi (yes yes I know SLOP is using the same system so thats the excuse of why they are skipping it)
It's just not something I'd wait for as an AP holder, I go to the parks enough that I'd enjoy more rides and only one a year (especially one many times they are just upgrades or replacing older attractions) gets a little tiresome.

Overall is it a good move? Probably because it will still bring people in but as an AP its just me now waiting a year or longer for another great ride.

Sure but at least at Hollywood most visit HogsMeade not for those elements but the rides and shows.

One Ride that yes, I'm very much looking forward to as Mario Kart 64 was the game that got me into Nintendo but I just like a ride like DK or Yoshi (yes yes I know SLOP is using the same system so thats the excuse of why they are skipping it)
It's just not something I'd wait for as an AP holder, I go to the parks enough that I'd enjoy more rides and only one a year (especially one many times they are just upgrades or replacing older attractions) gets a little tiresome.

Overall is it a good move? Probably because it will still bring people in but as an AP its just me now waiting a year or longer for another great ride.

I've considered doing AP for USH but when I really think about it, it's not really worth it for me. As you said, we have to wait like one year for one new ride and half of the time all they keep doing is re-theming previous rides. It's just meh, there's not a lot to do at the park.

I've considered doing AP for USH but when I really think about it, it's not really worth it for me. As you said, we have to wait like one year for one new ride and half of the time all they keep doing is re-theming previous rides. It's just meh, there's not a lot to do at the park.
I mean since I live less than 30 mins from the Park I do enjoy having an AP buttttttt would really like the park to become more. Its slowly doing it but wish Nintendoland was another big launch like Potterland. I feel like with one ride will be busy in the summer time then drop off

That golf course looks pretty well maintained per Google Maps and a cursory search says it is a well regarded place. I doubt Universal would consider purchasing that land given how expensive it would be.
A talk with one of my friends who does a considerable amount of golfing kind of reiterated this. He looked at that course as if it was legendary when we were at USH telling me how well kept it is and how much it is to get on.

It’s private and well regarded just as you mentioned. Would be a different discussion if this was some public / mediocre course.

Last edited:
Some of you never went to the park pre-2015 and it shows.

Missed this comment, but a 1000 times this.

As someone who went to the parks yearly from 2010-2013, and then my last trip being for a preview event of Potter..it's mind-boggling to see the amount of change that Hollywood has made in a short time.

If people really think they'd want Pre-Potter USH, they're whacked in their minds.

__

With seemingly Orlando and Osaka potentially not having the escalators for SNW..perhaps Hollywood might be the outlier for the terms of entrance?

Last edited:
Missed this comment, but a 1000 times this.

As someone who went to the parks yearly from 2010-2013, and then my last trip being for a preview event of Potter..it's mind-boggling to see the amount of change that Hollywood has made in a short time.

If people really think they'd want Pre-Potter USH, they're whacked in their minds.

__

With seemingly Orlando and Osaka potentially not having the escalators for SNW..perhaps Hollywood might be the outlier for the terms of entrance?
I don’t think Japan will have an escalator. And with Orlando no longer having to work within the restrictions of being built within KidsZone, it might not either.

A talk with one of my friends who does a considerable amount of golfing kind of reiterated this. He looked at that course as if it was legendary when we were at USH telling me how well kept it is and how much it is to get on.

It’s private and well regarded just as you mentioned. Would be a different discussion if this was some public / mediocre course.

The golf course is divided into 4 parcels, with 3 of them being in the City of Los Angeles and one in Burbank. Both in the County of Los Angeles.

The first parcel is at the far east of the course and ends at Clybourn Avenue if looking at Google Maps. Clybourn is pretty much the dividing line for LA and Burbank. This parcel has a value of $742,456 according to the roll.

The second parcel is from Clybourn to Foreman, and has a value of $4,107,522.

The third parcel is from Foreman to Ledge Avenue and has a value of $1, 712, 440.

The final parcel is from Ledge Avenue up to the houses on the west with a value of $701,217.

That's approximately 7.3million dollars. Even at five times that amount, I think Universal could afford that property. Even at ten times or more. Money talks and everyone has a price they will accept.

In comparison, Universal is comprised of about a dozen or so parcels valued with land and improvements at over $2 BILLION. Obviously it is more as assessed values are often lower than the actual value.

The majority of the park has a value of $300 million while Citywalk has a value of approx $600 million.

Universal has to deal with having property within its own city (unincorporated LA County) and portion in the City of LA. Those portions include the parking structure under Minions, SLOP, etc, half of the entry to the park, the flat parking lot west of Jurassic Parking, the toll booths coming up the Lankershim hill, and the Lankershim hill entrance itself. The hotels fall in the City of LA also, as well as the NBC Universal tower.

In comparison, Universal is comprised of about a dozen or so parcels valued with land and improvements at over $2 BILLION. Obviously it is more as assessed values are often lower than the actual value.

The majority of the park has a value of $300 million while Citywalk has a value of approx $600 million.

Universal has to deal with having property within its own city (unincorporated LA County) and portion in the City of LA. Those portions include the parking structure under Minions, SLOP, etc, half of the entry to the park, the flat parking lot west of Jurassic Parking, the toll booths coming up the Lankershim hill, and the Lankershim hill entrance itself. The hotels fall in the City of LA also, as well as the NBC Universal tower.

Im not doubting that Universal has the cash to do it. I’m just doubting whether or not they WILL do it. There will undoubtedly be a premium and I’m not sure if the course will even listen to them.

I don’t know the logistics of this or if that space is even a viable option..but if it is, you would have to assume that Comcast is the right management to go for it.

That's approximately 7.3million dollars. Even at five times that amount, I think Universal could afford that property. Even at ten times or more. Money talks and everyone has a price they will accept.
Sure, the Land Value is 7.3million dollars. But it's not just empty parcels of land, it's all part of a business: a business that charges $80,000+ (As of this 2011 Hollywood Reporter article) in initiation fees alone and $100 in green fees. Even if the club only had 500 members, that would be at least 40 million dollars just in initiation fees, to say nothing of monthly membership dues, food minimums, and green fees. Comcast would have to pony up enough money to make it worth it to fold the entire, nearly 100-year-old business and then the golf club would have to be willing to sell.