Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Some of you never went to the park pre-2015 and it shows.
Ohhh I did, but thought we were moving past that. They made that whole ten year plan and thought Potter was the start of it and Nintendo Land would be part two and it still because seems like the parks have been packed all summer and people seem happy with JW....I was just hoping for two new Attractions from Nintendoland day one.

Its on me to gets my expectations right for Universal which is hard because Potter Impressed me so much with how much they added for a little space, thought Nintendo would do the same.

I'd say it's much more likely they keep buying houses near by to expand that way.

I still don't get why they chose a location which limits SNW, I really hope it's part of a larger 'grand plan'

I still don't get why they chose a location which limits SNW, I really hope it's part of a larger 'grand plan'
I don't know for sure, but I think this is the most likely:
Universal was working with the Los Angeles Olympic Committee and hoping to bring the 2024 Summer Olympics to Los Angeles. Huge tourism boom and Universal Studios would serves as the site of the International Broadcast Centre. Super Nintendo World would likely have been the last BIG opening before the games, with a slightly later opening date. This Variety article from 2016 talks a little bit more about their plans at the time. SNW would likely have gone in the area marked north of the Mummy show building, with a larger version of the Secret Life of Pets ride occupying SNW's current construction site.

But then, in Summer 2017, things changed. France was awarded the 2024 Olympics and Los Angeles would host in 2028. This drastically expanded the timeline, giving them the opportunity to potentially do something even bigger and better later on down the line. However, they still needed to open new attractions in the intervening time. So they shuffled SLoP to the upper lot and SNW to its current location, freeing up the larger space by Mummy for something even bigger to unveil closer to the Olympics.

Eternal Darkness?
tenor.gif

I hate to be that guy, but is there a timetable for when the steel goes up to when it's complete? A year?

I would imagine that if Universal's main goal is getting USJ's Nintendo Land ready to be open for the 2020 Tokyo games, then we should at least expect an announcement about USH during the USJ Nintendo World opening, or at least the press release for Tokyo before that, which should be ready by, again, assuming steel goes up now...... 2 years from now?

I hate to be that guy, but is there a timetable for when the steel goes up to when it's complete? A year?

I would imagine that if Universal's main goal is getting USJ's Nintendo Land ready to be open for the 2020 Tokyo games, then we should at least expect an announcement about USH during the USJ Nintendo World opening, or at least the press release for Tokyo before that, which should be ready by, again, assuming steel goes up now...... 2 years from now?

I assume 2021 but I haven’t heard anything solid.