Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

In a personal guess; they wouldn't be building that fourth escalator if it wasn't for nothing, right?

Honestly, I have stopped trying to guess what these guys do anymore, but I would agree with this.  

Now, can you guys imagine the number of annual and season passes that will be available when this all opens up?  

I still think the mummy is leaving to make room for this "land " if the refurbishment had been a huge overhaul then maybe not but I won't be surprised if summer 2017 becomes the end of that attraction 

I still think the mummy is leaving to make room for this "land " if the refurbishment had been a huge overhaul then maybe not but I won't be surprised if summer 2017 becomes the end of that attraction 

Eh, I feel like they're probably going to wait until the end of the decade to get rid of it. It's the only major coaster in the park, so I think they're going to hold off until they actually have one. 

I think to start off the hype, they could add a Mario pipe down by the lower lot and maybe some Nintendo merchandise at the Studio Store inside the park and the Universal store at CityWalk, then maybe add Mario and Luigi as characters walking around the park. That would definitely make children, parents, and everyone that is 40 or under pretty hyped.

Here are some of the things I see possible for Nintendo Land. 

Mario---

Bowser's Castle ride that would be like TFJ in TWWoHP with Screens and Practical effects

Yoshi Carousel

Toad House Gift Shop

Facades from the Mushroom Kingdom

Mario Kart!! The ride would be like Test Track 2.0, where you can customize your Kart with wheels and stuff. You can customize your Kart with character themes like Mario or Luigi or Kirby ect... This ride would be sponsored Mercedes Benz also

Legend of Zelda---

Some sort of train ride (I'm no expert in LOZ)

Themed shops and resturants

Pokemon---

It might be hard to get some Pokemon stuff because it is partly owned by another company (so I'm told), but I expect a Pokemon Snap ride similar to MIB:AA in Orlando, and you come face to face with a legendary Pokemon

Exclusive Pokemon GO Pokemon

Pokemon Center shop with merchandise and snacks

Misc. ---

Kirby resturant

Statue of Satoru Iwata somewhere (or someway of remembering him)

Metroid & Star Fox attraction

F-Zero roller coaster (Like ROTM) 

If the area is as big as Harry Potter then we will probably only see a small fraction of this stuff come. I know someone said 7.3 acres but I don't know how big that is relative to Harry Potter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think to start off the hype, they could add a Mario pipe down by the lower lot and maybe some Nintendo merchandise at the Studio Store inside the park and the Universal store at CityWalk, then maybe add Mario and Luigi as characters walking around the park. That would definitely make children, parents, and everyone that is 40 or under pretty hyped.

Here are some of the things I see possible for Nintendo Land. 

Mario---

Bowser's Castle ride that would be like TFJ in TWWoHP with Screens and Practical effects

Yoshi Carousel

Toad House Gift Shop

Facades from the Mushroom Kingdom

Legend of Zelda---

Some sort of train ride (I'm no expert in LOZ)

Themed shops and resturants

Pokemon---

It might be hard to get some Pokemon stuff because it is partly owned by another company (so I'm told), but I expect a Pokemon Snap ride similar to MIB:AA in Orlando, and you come face to face with a legendary Pokemon

Exclusive Pokemon GO Pokemon

Pokemon Center shop with merchandise and snacks

Misc. ---

Cooking Mama's resturant

Metroid & Star Fox attraction

F-Zero roller coaster (Like ROTM) 

If the area is as big as Harry Potter then we will probably only see a small fraction of this stuff come. I know someone said 7.3 acres but I don't know how big that is relative to Harry Potter.

I'd look towards Mario and Donkey Kong for Nintendo's first go-around. They are the IP's that made the company iconic in the first place.

I know it's been heavily rumored of Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Mine Cart, with some whispers of Yoshi's Island but I think it's going to be the most interesting to wonder the size of Nintendo, with Japan rumored to take potentially Amity and UOR being heavily rumored for a good while of Kidzone.

And as for Pokemon, Pokemon owned with Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. As for if it'd be possible for USH, I'd doubt it due to land restrictions. I'd look to Orlando and Japan being more likely cases to seeing it than Hollywood.

But another thing in the terms of what was implied, was that they want you to feel like you stepped into the screen of the video game and into a world that immerses you everywhere; almost like a certain fictional area of London that has been rumored to arrive at USH in the future. I know people are expecting Screens for Nintendo, but I'd look to other forms of effects that can imply that more well than Transformer/FJ like screens or VR (Unless if AR; Augmented Reality is used..).

Eh, I feel like they're probably going to wait until the end of the decade to get rid of it. It's the only major coaster in the park, so I think they're going to hold off until they actually have one. 

I'd look to seeing it go. It's on prime space that truthfully, can be better used for the park as expansion space; along with the soundstage's next to that and Transformers..

I'd look towards Mario and Donkey Kong for Nintendo's first go-around. They are the IP's that made the company iconic in the first place.

I know it's been heavily rumored of Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Mine Cart, with some whispers of Yoshi's Island but I think it's going to be the most interesting to wonder the size of Nintendo, with Japan rumored to take potentially Amity and UOR being heavily rumored for a good while of Kidzone.

And as for Pokemon, Pokemon owned with Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. As for if it'd be possible for USH, I'd doubt it due to land restrictions. I'd look to Orlando and Japan being more likely cases to seeing it than Hollywood.

But another thing in the terms of what was implied, was that they want you to feel like you stepped into the screen of the video game and into a world that immerses you everywhere; almost like a certain fictional area of London that has been rumored to arrive at USH in the future. I know people are expecting Screens for Nintendo, but I'd look to other forms of effects that can imply that more well than Transformer/FJ like screens or VR (Unless if AR; Augmented Reality is used..).

They probably will use AR somewhere in the park, it is probably the future of theme parks, and I definitely expect the land to be HEAVILY themed - even more than Hogsmede

It will totally be in the Lower Lot.  They announced a major expansion for the Lower Lot and the announcement of Nintendo coming to Hollywood is a slam dunk for that. The Lower Lot, even with three great rides, is still pretty underwhelming and Nintendo Land in the Lower Lot would match well with Wizarding World in the Upper Lot.  So great to see all these fully themed lands come to Hollywood! 

Interesting. 

As long as we get Mario Kart and a roller coaster of some kind, that's all I care about. 

Mario Cart would be too easy an Interactive dark ride like the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disneyland is something Universal Studios Hollywood doesn't have so a good bet that a Nintendo ride would be something like this but more advanced.

What kind of food would you guys like to see in the area? Do we want pastries shaped like mushrooms? Mario's Spaghetti and Meatballs? Any special beverages? What would you love to see? I'm struggling to think of what would be awesome.

What kind of food would you guys like to see in the area? Do we want pastries shaped like mushrooms? Mario's Spaghetti and Meatballs? Any special beverages? What would you love to see? I'm struggling to think of what would be awesome.

Maybe some sort of caffeinated drink that could be a "1-Up Energy" or something like that. I hope they add a Sushi restaurant because Nintendo comes from Japan and sushi came from Japan/China

Would they sell alcohol in Nintendo Land? I'm sure the Universal side would love to, not so sure if Nintendo wants to have that associated with their name.

Would they sell alcohol in Nintendo Land? I'm sure the Universal side would love to, not so sure if Nintendo wants to have that associated with their name.

I doubt it. You're probably right about Nintendo not wanting to be associate with that, and I do not think there is anyone IP's to associate with alcohol