Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I want concept art, but I’m gonna do my damn best to not watch a POV of Mario Kart before I ever ride it. Might be real difficult to do for 4 years however. Ugh, life is hard guys.

From my observations on Sunday, they seem to be focusing more on the Mario Kart ride building than the rest of the land.
This is pretty standard practice. New rides have a lot of rigorous testing and certification to go through, especially one as technologically complex as Mario Kart. The rest of the land doesn't have quite the same pressure and construction can continue outside while testing goes on inside.

Shows that film there aren’t getting to film their season finales. It’s weird that Superstore won’t get a finale with Ferrera. This was her last season and they only had one last episode to film. But I guess they are done with the soundstages now at least.

I am stoked. I do wonder how they're gonna reroute the trams, because they're planning to tear down something very much adjacent to the main area.

Also, it looks like construction is still continuing despite the closure:

On an unrelated note, this does make me wonder if the JW refurb is still making progress as well.

Obviously on the bottom of the importance, and not at all surprising, but Tom Williams confirmed SNW construction for the Lower Lot in a letter to employees.

"Our construction projects around the globe – Super Nintendo World in Osaka and Hollywood, Universal’s Epic Universe in Orlando and Universal Beijing all remain active and on track under protocols established by government officials and with their support".