Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel other than Bowser’s Castle like EVERY entrance in SNW is they a warp pipe, even if it’s small so they could design something like around an elevator to make it work enough I feel
The thing is if I need to go up to the entrance from Peaches castle and a few meters onwards need to go down again in an elevator I'm not that happy as it consumes time and energy. I Peaches castle is amazing I will probably be okay with it.

The thing is if I need to go up to the entrance from Peaches castle and a few meters onwards need to go down again in an elevator I'm not that happy as it consumes time and energy. I Peaches castle is amazing I will probably be okay with it.
The Mario Kart ride entrance, as well as all/most of the interactive experiences are on the second level. Only the quick service and Yoshi ride entrance are on the lower level. Both levels have gift shops. I am guessing they know the main draw here is Mario Kart, and that's on the level you enter the land on.

EDIT: For Japan/Orlando. Hollywood, if it doesn't have Yoshi, has even less to do on lower level.

Reactions: Magic-Man and tielo
Why wouldn't Hollywood have Yoshi? Sorry if its already been answered but don't understand why Hollywood would even get a SNW if they aren't receiving Yoshi and possibly not even the DK expansion..

Why wouldn't Hollywood have Yoshi? Sorry if its already been answered but don't understand why Hollywood would even get a SNW if they aren't receiving Yoshi and possibly not even the DK expansion..
Well, because Mario Kart is the main draw. It’s not Yoshi or bust.

But in all seriousness it seemed like Hollywood would either get Yoshi, or SLOP. They chose SLOP. At least that’s how I remember reading it on here? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong!

Reactions: Magic-Man and Clive
Well, because Mario Kart is the main draw. It’s not Yoshi or bust.

But in all seriousness it seemed like Hollywood would either get Yoshi, or SLOP. They chose SLOP. At least that’s how I remember reading it on here? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong!
We might have gotten the better trade-off. While Yoshi provides kinetic energy, SLOP appears to be a more involved ride, with all-indoor show scenes and multiple character animatronics. Most of what we'll see in Yoshi, besides the one indoor show scene, is already known to us.

EDIT: Also Pets improved the aesthetics of the whole Illumination area, and will have show elements within the queue.

I just don’t think there was enough space. Maybe the thinking was we can either have all the interactive stuff and the quick service (which are stacked on top of each other) or Yoshi (which is queue on lower level, ride on upper level). I can see them wanting the interactive elements and dining to make it more of a land... and then someone maybe suggested making another ride using the same ride system on the upper lot as a consolation prize lol. Just my take on it. But who knows how it actually went down.

I just don’t think there was enough space. Maybe the thinking was we can either have all the interactive stuff and the quick service (which are stacked on top of each other) or Yoshi (which is queue on lower level, ride on upper level). I can see them wanting the interactive elements and dining to make it more of a land... and then someone maybe suggested making another ride using the same ride system on the upper lot as a consolation prize lol. Just my take on it. But who knows how it actually went down.
They’re hyping up the interactivity like crazy, so I’m not surprised if it’s basically, literally, essential to the land itself. Especially since the land is us stepping inside a Nintendo game.

I will say though, while Yoshi looks short, it looks CUTE AF. Perfect for little kids and a type of ride we’d all agree Universal needs. SLOP does seem more of a full ride, but Yoshi I think may be a crowd pleaser unless the wait times are just huge

They’re hyping up the interactivity like crazy, so I’m not surprised if it’s basically, literally, essential to the land itself. Especially since the land is us stepping inside a Nintendo game.

I will say though, while Yoshi looks short, it looks CUTE AF. Perfect for little kids and a type of ride we’d all agree Universal needs. SLOP does seem more of a full ride, but Yoshi I think may be a crowd pleaser unless the wait times are just huge
it should be high capacity, by it's nature

I'd said it before but would love the Panda Express area to be gone and them add the DK ride/mini area because of how well it would work with Jurassic World
Also bring even more life to the area seeing the coaster as you walk to Transformers and Super Nintendo land

Reactions: alias8703
I'd said it before but would love the Panda Express area to be gone and them add the DK ride/mini area because of how well it would work with Jurassic World
Also bring even more life to the area seeing the coaster as you walk to Transformers and Super Nintendo land

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Donkey Kong would fit in that area unless it was a smaller layout. The DK mini-land going to Epic Universe and Universal Studios Japan is the size of the Mario Kart showbuilding (if not bigger).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Donkey Kong would fit in that area unless it was a smaller layout. The DK mini-land going to Epic Universe and Universal Studios Japan is the size of the Mario Kart showbuilding (if not bigger).
Yeah, someone would have to do the math and maybe it would not fit.

I"m just saying that would be the perfect place for it, as of now its 2 restaurants and a generic store.

Maybe use the second store area of the Jurassic Cafe as Q area and could make it work