Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Here are my two main hopes for Nintendo Land.

1. Have a high ride count. Don't wast too much space on retail. I want our small park to be a true full day experience.

2. Have most rides focus on animatronics and physical sets over screens. This could be a nice contrast to the rest of the park. This could give some much needed variety.

If they do both of those, Nintendo Land could elevate our park to the next level.

2008-Simpsons

2011-King kong 360 3-d

2012-Transformers

2013-unuversal plaza

2014-Despicable me

2015-Springfield,Night time tours,F&F supercharged,HoH replacement

2016-Potter

2017+?

I agree with AlexShow. Attraction development takes a loooooooong time. They just acquired the rights to Nintendo. Universal Creative will spend the next 18-24 months pitching ideas and developing concepts. I wouldn't expect anything in Hollywood for at least 4 years. 

Personally, I don't want any Nintendo ideas or projects rushed. I want them to develop an amazing concept to blow us all away. They don't have to knock every project out in 2 years, I wanna see them take their time on it.

Why am I not surprised. Also, Miyamoto himself has stated hes working very close with the Creative teams to bring these expriences become what they're meant to be. Which is great news.

Why am I not surprised. Also, Miyamoto himself has stated hes working very close with the Creative teams to bring these expriences become what they're meant to be. Which is great news.
At least that confirms no Super Mario-charged. HoHopefully whatever they add won't break down all the time.

I'll be posting this on two threads because its going to be important for Hollywoods.

An individual from OU named Imagin78 has gotten a really interesting survey and he went into a little detail on two topics there. I'll be quoting him for it and giving links to his posts.

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Finished a survey recently that shed an enormous amount of light on the pending Nintendoland at Universal. Not sure how detailed I'm allowed to get as the survey got into some VERY interesting specifics. The mods on here can let me know how much more info I can divulge.

1. Was asked if I thought the land belonged at IOA or USO.
2. Was asked how much land should be allocated to it.(5%, 10%, 20% of the park.)
3. If it should match or EXCEED the level of theming shown with Harry Potter.
4. What the entrance to the land should look like
5. The general types of rides, shows, interactivity, stores and meet and greets that would encompass this land.

Lastly, and most interestingly, Mario Kart WILL be a ride. The survey got into many fascinating details about this impending E-ticket. Again, not sure how far I can go in describing it but let me just say that Universal is once again planning to outdo itself and I get the sense that we should all be immensely excited for this future development.
As far as to the veracity of the survey, of course the purpose of such an endeavor is to gauge public reaction and then add to or remove certain aspects of a product before reaching market. All the details mentioned in it will not come to pass. However, many of the specifics contained have been corroborated by insiders on here.

In regards to the entrance to the land, one option mentioned was a Diagon Alley-style hidden entryway. The crux of the land would be concealed from the rest of the park and guests would have to go through one of Mario's warp pipes in order to see the rest. This was a detail already mentioned on these forums. Interestingly, the alternate, far more ostentatious gateway would make this Universal's true response to Disney's Fantasyland.

Personally, I am inclined to believe Mario Kart is going to happen. The survey spent half its questions not asking if the ride was a good idea, but rather how it should be implemented. Nuanced queries concerning every specific detail of the attraction from the queue to seating arrangements to weapons to who gets to drive. Really interesting stuff.
Now, both of these are rather interesting. It does seem this is Universals true response to Fantasyland in some shape or form. Then, there's the obvious. Its becoming more likely that Mario Kart is coming, especially how it went apparently into detail. And the fact they're asking how big the theming could ever go is going to make this truly something. Coupled with the fact of enclosing it again much like another successful endeavor; Diagon Alley. Its making me really excited about this.

I have all the faith in the world that Universal is gonna do an epic job with any Nintendo themed lands or attractions. A lot riding on this, it's timeless, popular with almost everyone in every gender and age category, and so much to work with. Not to mention that Nintendo is very protective of its IP, so no doubt in my mind that it'll be incredible.

I have all the faith in the world that Universal is gonna do an epic job with any Nintendo themed lands or attractions. A lot riding on this, it's timeless, popular with almost everyone in every gender and age category, and so much to work with. Not to mention that Nintendo is very protective of its IP, so no doubt in my mind that it'll be incredible.
Not to mention they are working directly with Shigeru Miyamoto! 

What I would like to see besides Mario Kart is an indoor coaster themed to the mine cart levels from the Donkey Kong games. Just play the levels from Donkey Kong Country and 64. They just scream, "MAKE ME A RIDE!!!"

Coming back to Imagin for a second. He went a small bit into detail on what the ride cars could entail..

As far as the ride system goes, according to the survey, the current plans are to make each car a four seater. It would be VERY interactive. One person would be the driver while everyone else would be involved in collecting and utilizing the weapons on the track.
now its getting interesting..

Its a shame we lost a great in the videogame market and it sucks he won't be able to see it. But atleast he has a great legacy of games that will continue to have a impact from his company.