Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

This has been asked before, but.....

If Nintendo Land in Hollywood is going to get 2 rides, or even if they plan on making it a living breathing area like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I assume some of those soundstages have to be moved in the next year or so?
Your money talks... If Hollywood get s phase 2 for SNW, something has to go.

^I didn't realize that! Is more known about the specifics of that ride system? Will it be like an omnimover at Diseny, like the old Kingdom of the Dinasaurs/Berry Tales, or more like the current incarnation of Journey Into Imagination? Or more traditional dark ride vehicles, ala Cat in the Hat?

I believe people have mentioned more proper like Dis, with Oceaneering designing the system.

Does the current plan involve a walkthrough area with green connector pipes? A living breathing area Like WWoHP? Or is it just going to be Mario Kart's building?

I believe in the leaked maps, they divided the Mushroom Kingdom and DK Country in the old Kidzone plans, by warp pipes.

if we go in the route of expanding the land, could we assume transformers is probably on the cutting block?

As much as the ride is exciting, I could see it not lasting very long at the park. It still has quite a lifespan yet to it since the park lacks a good amount of rides on the lower lot especially, but if SNW is very successful, I could see Universal possibly demolishing this ride in lieu of a phase two for SNW with a Donkey Kong area.

Believe it or not with all of that said, Mummy is still on my hotlist for next few attractions leaving the park

Yeah I agree with this. To be honest, I don't know how that ride gets so much praise. It comes off as so outdated to me when riding it, it's a fun ride but I feel like it's in desperate need of a revamp if it's to stay. I feel like I'm in some local theme park haunted house ride.

Lets just stop all the shade for Transformers and Mummy... we need more rides not just to replace current ones!

If there is a SNW phase 2, it could be the other side instead where there are additional soundstages which 'could' be removed.
If either one of those rides gets replaced, it’s not going to be for Nintendo. I could see Transformers get an overlay for another IP and Mummy get dumped for DA or something else before they even think of occupying those spots for Nintendo.

Any chance this is gonna open in 2021, ush hasn’t even gave an inch since it said Nintendo would be coming to the parks back in 2016.

Blasting this in-here for those who don't check in the other thread, but Super Nintendo World's going to have interactive elements (as it should be here for us as-well), that connects with Nintendo Switch and within the land.

By the way, the wristband is super cool. It’s all magnetic. You slap it at your wrist and it just snaps on and it won’t come off. And that allows you to, on an interactive basis throughout the entire land which is built on three different levels. It’s got all the popular Bowser’s deal and Princess Peach’s Castle and all the different key elements. And you will be able to go up and keep score and play with the various games and that also translates to a score keeping capability, if you choose to do so within the rides and it actually interfaces back with your game console. So you can build on it and come back again and really got everything going for it.

Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) Management Presents at Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2019 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference (Transcript) | Seeking Alpha

Edit: From Ghosthost,

Last edited:
From RyanTheme Park,

Maybe it's just because we constantly see this from an overhead view but will there be enough space to directly copy the land from USJ like Universal did before with Hogsmeade?

The more i look at it, the more it seems like a tight fit. That may just be because JW is obscuring the view though.

No. Hollywood will get the smallest Nintendo land at opening, but it will grow.

Well, good to know that my eyes aren't just messing with me. But that raises a few questions, how drastic will the changes be?

If i we're to guess, the eastern side of the lower courtyard where Yoshi's outdoor segments would have been will get cut. Can't imagine Peach/Bowser's Castles getting removed.

Secondly, where exactly will this land grow? Unless they want to remove the northern soundstages, SNW is pretty landlocked. If we we're to look at existing attractions, Mummy would make the most sense but the gap seems impossible to make work.

You'd have to destroy the majority of the Lower Lot to connect the two sides and Transformers would be lost in the renovation. Since they just invested in the extended queue, i feel like that's unlikely to happen.

But that raises a few questions, how drastic will the changes be?

Not getting Yoshi is the biggest change, though i'm under the impression that the general retail and dining experiences should be very similar but in a tighter package. Nothing worth losing sleep over or getting disappointed about. I'm personally fine getting SLOP over Yoshi because slop will have a much bigger impact on the park in the long run.

Secondly, where exactly will this land grow? Unless they want to remove the northern soundstages, SNW is pretty landlocked. If we we're to look at existing attractions, Mummy would make the most sense but the gap seems impossible to make work.

Soundstages are just empty wooden shells.

Soundstages are just empty wooden shells.

Yeah but like... Aren't they still using those for TV/Film productions? USH is still a movie studio. A studio important enough that when they destroy soundstages, they have to replace them with new ones somewhere else. Hell, that's how we got the land for SNW in the first place.