Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Yeah but like... Aren't they still using those for TV/Film productions? USH is still a movie studio. A studio important enough that when they destroy soundstages, they have to replace them with new ones somewhere else. Hell, that's how we got the land for SNW in the first place.

They have more soundstages waiting to be built on the Red Sea (or whatever you call that lake now), it's just a matter of waiting.

So at some point, there's going to be walk around areas like WWOHP/ the USJ announcement video?

Well, unless the entire land is floating in mid-air and everyone suddenly gained the ability to fly, yes, there will be "areas" to walk around. That's such a foundational element of any project, making a theme park land without it would be insanity.

So at some point, there's going to be walk around areas like WWOHP/ the USJ announcement video?

I imagine Universal and Nintendo will both work together with a PR rush, outlining how SNW is laid out to instruct people how certain things will be translated. Especially if there's Amiibo support and functionality, it means Nintendo's having a direct hand in certain aspects of the land's software for the interactive elements.

To be honest, it makes me wonder if we should actually look at some of Nintendo's past patents, and to see if we can try to find something of substance that might link towards SNW.

I imagine Universal and Nintendo will both work together with a PR rush, outlining how SNW is laid out to instruct people how certain things will be translated. Especially if there's Amiibo support and functionality, it means Nintendo's having a direct hand in certain aspects of the land's software for the interactive elements.

To be honest, it makes me wonder if we should actually look at some of Nintendo's past patents, and to see if we can try to find something of substance that might link towards SNW.

Oh... Ok, now i'm confused. What does "walk around areas" mean now?

Oh... Ok, now i'm confused. What does "walk around areas" mean now?

What armenian was referring too (and @armenianmovieman can correct me), is the Virtual Walk Around Areas that were created in anticipation of Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley for WWoHP back in the past (along with when they had overview videos of the land).

See OI's video as proof of it existing for the Virtual Walk-Arounds:

And an example of the Overview video:

I'd assume Nintendo and Universal are both working together on ways to help explain and tell people more of the land, and if there is connectivity with Nintendo Switch; direct instructions on how that'll work with connectivity (even if you aren't in the land).

I really don't think Universal has thought out exactly how massive SNW is going to be for them, that show building is HUGE, for SNW to have such a tight space, it's gonna be a madhouse there...should just go ahead and demolish more sound stages, move them to Burbank, that's where more sound stages are going nowadays anyway *shrugs*

What armenian was referring too (and @armenianmovieman can correct me), is the Virtual Walk Around Areas that were created in anticipation of Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley for WWoHP back in the past (along with when they had overview videos of the land).

See OI's video as proof of it existing for the Virtual Walk-Arounds:

And an example of the Overview video:

I'd assume Nintendo and Universal are both working together on ways to help explain and tell people more of the land, and if there is connectivity with Nintendo Switch; direct instructions on how that'll work with connectivity (even if you aren't in the land).

Huh. Ok then. That's actually pretty cool. Hope they do that with SNW.

From what I've been told, Panda is going for SNW construction. I'm not entirely sure if the studio cafe is staying or leaving though since I was told USH still wants the Lower Lot to have a grab 'n go option.

It could explain why things are slow with the Mushroom Kingdom portion of the land, because they're merely waiting on crowds to lessen.

Considering how fast the MK show building and the Pets show buildings have gone up, it'd be a fair discussion to have.

It could explain why things are slow with the Mushroom Kingdom portion of the land, because they're merely waiting on crowds to lessen.

Considering how fast the MK show building and the Pets show buildings have gone up, it'd be a fair discussion to have.
There's a lot of testing that needs to be done on new rides and, given how ambitious Mario Kart will be, technology-wise, they would want to give themselves as much time as possible. From what I'm hearing, there will be little to no additional demolition for (phase 1 of) SNW.

There's a lot of testing that needs to be done on new rides and, given how ambitious Mario Kart will be, technology-wise, they would want to give themselves as much time as possible. From what I'm hearing, there will be little to no additional demolition for (phase 1 of) SNW.

I mean, they're going to have the benefit of that Osaka is a guinea pig for the sake of SNW, considering how close the two projects are in the terms of opening years (as opposed to Orlando and Singapore's).

I will be surprised if we don't see demolition of some kind, but that's just me.

I imagine all that’s left to demo for phase 1 would be related to creating a new entrance path to the area. So, maybe Panda, or something else could go, but it wouldn’t be about adding more to Mushroom Kingdom, just creating a way to get there. My take on it anyway.

I imagine all that’s left to demo for phase 1 would be related to creating a new entrance path to the area. So, maybe Panda, or something else could go, but it wouldn’t be about adding more to Mushroom Kingdom, just creating a way to get there. My take on it anyway.

I would be surprised if that's the case, considering how slow things have been for the main portion of the Mushroom Kingdom (excluding Mario Kart).

Since JW's opening, most of the attention has been with Mario Kart; and while I do think it does make sense, it doesn't explain why other portions of the plot have been going slower than one would expect.

What are the chances we aren’t getting a proper Super Nintendo World and it’s just a ride and then maybe some adjacent theming, like a place to meet characters and maybe a snack shack? Think Despicable Me without a Super Silly Fun Land.

I’m not up to speed with blueprints/permits/what-have-you, but based on how construction currently looks, it sorta seems that way.

What are the chances we aren’t getting a proper Super Nintendo World and it’s just a ride and then maybe some adjacent theming, like a place to meet characters and maybe a snack shack? Think Despicable Me without a Super Silly Fun Land.

I’m not up to speed with blueprints/permits/what-have-you, but based on how construction currently looks, it sorta seems that way.

I think that depends on your definition of "proper SNW land." To the best of my knowledge, we are getting themed areas, play areas, and a "divider" in the form of the Super Mario pipe, similar to the gate to Hogsmeade. A little small, but also plenty of room for expansion.

Think more along the lines of Wizarding World without hippogrifth. Plus unlike most lands this is across at least 2 levels so will be bigger than it currently looks (but still not big)

As for whether they will demo any of the Panda express etc area - we should know either way once Peaches castle starts going up!