Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Hogsmeade doesn't open at HHN Hollywood mainly due to possible low attendance (the area is really big and most people only care for HHN mazes) and the fact the area is monitored by the Los Angeles County Fire Department which has the authority to approve the area.

Where did the LACounty Fire Department rumor even came up?

And even then..what would make it different from handling it during daytime hours?

Question: Hop popular is Panda show? I thought it was popular but if they’re willing to take it down for Nintendo I’m unsure (though jaws was popular, to be fair)

DreamWorks Theater featuring the KFP film, is on the Upper Lot of the park and will not be affected by any means for Super Nintendo World.

I watched the Theme Park Stop video on the Yoshi ride and that would add so much to the USH Nintendo World. It is a shame that we might not get it. It sounds different enough from SLOP that no guest is going to care that it uses the same ride system. I know they are technically different ride systems, but Simpsons and Despicable Me are very similar to the average guests, so they can definitely get away with have both SLOP and Yoshi. Also, I have no interest in SLOP as an IP and have no emotional connection to it. Yoshi is a much more relevant and timeless IP.

I think that the way it functions as a PeopleMover type ride would add a lot of kinetic energy to the land. It looks like the ride will make an extremely strong C Ticket attraction that will have appeal for several decades.

They're now shifting focus to steelwork in the Mushroom Kingdom portion.

Huh... You know, with that new metalwork in place, i'm getting a better idea of what the layout of SNW will look like. You think the flagpole/platform landmark will be attached to the show building or will it be on the opposite end of the land? Near the small steel square.

Huh... You know, with that new metalwork in place, i'm getting a better idea of what the layout of SNW will look like. You think the flagpole/platform landmark will be attached to the show building or will it be on the opposite end of the land? Near the small steel square.
Since the flagpole mountain is atop the Yoshi show building, I’ve been wondering if some variation of it will get built at all? Maybe a shorter version just to help block the view of Mario Kart on the right? Or maybe something new to block it.

Since the flagpole mountain is atop the Yoshi show building, I’ve been wondering if some variation of it will get built at all? Maybe a shorter version just to help block the view of Mario Kart on the right? Or maybe something new to block it.

I think we will get the flagpole mountain, not building it would be like building Hoggsmead without Hoggwarts.
I believe the red height balloon to the left of the below pic marks the top of flagpole mountain.
universal-studios-hollywood-super-nintendo-world-balloon-test-1.jpg

The USH mushroom kingdom may be 'flipped' the other way around so that it marries up with MK better. The highest red height balloon seems to back that up.
Something like the below:
SNW Flipped.jpg

That's what I'm thinking anyway!

Last edited:
I think we will get the flagpole mountain, not building it would be like building Hoggsmead without Hoggwarts.
I believe the red height balloon to the left of the below pic marks the top of flagpole mountain.
View attachment 11041

The USH mushroom kingdom may be 'flipped' the other way around so that it marries up with MK better. The highest red height balloon seems to back that up.
View attachment 11042

Huh... You know, it just hit me. Unlike most 2010's, "ultra-immersive" lands like Hogsmeade, Diagon and Batuu, Your gonna be able to look directly down at the entire land from above. Wonder if that factor is gonna have a direct impact on the land's design?

View attachment 11041

View attachment 11042

If this ends up being the Hollywood layout, this is not how I envisioned things at all haha

Here's a real eye opener. What if the 3rd story of the land is on top of the MK building? That would add a ton of additional space.

That or it's an office.

Woah breaking news, they're adding another floor?! I thought it was only gonna be two levels. This show building's gonna be huge!

There's only two visible outdoor levels. The MK / Entrance / Peaches Castle which is on the 2nd floor and the Ground / Yoshi / Restaurant level. There could be a 3rd, just hasn't been easy to spot yet. Though they have said publicly that Nintendo will have 3 levels.
Hm, interesting. Really not sure what this could be.

In Osaka they seemed to dig down deeper. That could simply be because of local earthquake regs though.
IMG_2549.jpg

A few possible options:
  1. Another attraction built ontop of MK?
  2. Studios facilities eg catering for production workers?
  3. More queue or machinery space - building had to be reduced/modified to fit USH so they added extra to the roof?

In Osaka they seemed to dig down deeper. That could simply be because of local earthquake regs though.
View attachment 11106

A few possible options:
  1. Another attraction built ontop of MK?
  2. Studios facilities eg catering for production workers?
  3. More queue or machinery space - building had to be reduced/modified to fit USH so they added extra to the roof?
Not sure if tus this, but I believe all Mario karts are on a floor level above the actual ride (upper floor is all queue, lower floor ride)