Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Universal has committed to build 4 clones of this attraction across the world, have worked hand in hand with Nintendo (whom have very high quality control standards), and understand that the success of the land is solely dependent on the quality of this ride... so I can imagine they’re fairly confident in it. Only about 6 months until we find out!

To be fair, they also cloned Supercharged, and we know how that ended up. At the very least, Mario Kart has to be far better than Supercharged. I think that Nintendo would never sign off on something that poor.

Im expecting a very high tech and highly immersive dark ride. Not really expecting a major thrill here. Remember SNW is meant to be more family based than likely any other major Universal land. I do hope the ending can change sometimes though.

Im expecting a very high tech and highly immersive dark ride. Not really expecting a major thrill here. Remember SNW is meant to be more family based than likely any other major Universal land. I do hope the ending can change sometimes though.
This. Nintendo wanted a land built for the family, because they make games for the family. Mario Kart was never going to be a Hagrid-sized thrill ride. Hell Uni initially sold Hagrid as a "family" attraction, and it's definitely not.

Another thing to remember is a ride like Indiana Jones Adventure goes like 15 mph, tops. That's still a pretty dang thrilling ride. The visuals and some clever tricks will make Mario Kart exciting. People here are acting like it's gonna be Little Mermaid or something.

This. Nintendo wanted a land built for the family, because they make games for the family. Mario Kart was never going to be a Hagrid-sized thrill ride. Hell Uni initially sold Hagrid as a "family" attraction, and it's definitely not.

Another thing to remember is a ride like Indiana Jones Adventure goes like 15 mph, tops. That's still a pretty dang thrilling ride. The visuals and some clever tricks will make Mario Kart exciting. People here are acting like it's gonna be Little Mermaid or something.
The fact that people have been comparing this to F&F is mind boggling to me lol. Like, sure its a replicated ride being brought over. But other than that there is nothings similar. The budgets are completely different, this is an entire land rather than a single ride replacing an old one, this land is of the size of Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, Nintendo is a much bigger IP than Fast and Furious, the list goes on and on. People are so unforgiving for that ride.

So it's not actually a "race"? Does it always have the same outcome? Not what I was expecting to be honest.

I would assume you'll get randomized outcomes of who comes out on-top; as @Alicia brought up the fact that it seems of this attraction having two tracks going alongside eachother.

I'd also assume that they'll fake the fact of multiple laps embedded within certain key-race track locations.

Any interactivity will likely come from special items. Collecting shells or banana peels can help slow your opponent down. Mushrooms could boost your speed. I’m imagining that’s how you’ll be able to “win” in the end against the other car.

The layout looks small. I'm hoping this ride feels long. All this time to build this and it ends up being underwhelming, that would suck. I mean that is worst case scenario though. I know Nintendo would not allow for that to happen. I will keep my hopes up.

The layout looks small. I'm hoping this ride feels long. All this time to build this and it ends up being underwhelming, that would suck. I mean that is worst case scenario though. I know Nintendo would not allow for that to happen. I will keep my hopes up.

The building is massive. I really do not understand people saying it looks small.

Building looks as big if not bigger than FJ. I don't get it either. I think the main disappointment for people is the speed, but obviously its going to "feel" fast but I just think some people had their expectations at something more coaster like for a thrill. I just can't wait to see how they pull this off