Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I guess I’m the only one excited this isn’t a coaster........and also think that this is absolutely “THE” next game changer for theme park e-ticket attractions!

Think of it like this do you want Radiator Spring Racers(which is great) done with Mario characters or something next level? My vote is for next level.

So freaking stoked!!!!!!!

I guess I’m the only one excited this isn’t a coaster........and also think that this is absolutely “THE” next game changer for theme park e-ticket attractions!

Think of it like this do you want Radiator Spring Racers(which is great) done with Mario characters or something next level? My vote is for next level.

So freaking stoked!!!!!!!
I don't know where all these recent coaster thoughts came from. We basically knew it wasn't going to be a coaster from Day 1.

When I first heard rumblings about this ride, I immediately envisioned a mixture of Forbidden Journey and Radiator Springs Racer, like a Test Track-esque ride system with screens to simulate the specific Mario Kart experiences.

Looking more like it’s something closer to Indiana Jones mixed with the Men in Black ride? More physically interactive?

Here's where the thought of it possibly being a coaster came from.

@Alicia has a good video on this. Yeah kinda a coaster/darkride hybrid. My thoughts are that it should be a thrilling ride. Now I know from the start Uni/Nintendo wanted a family ride. But they can dance on the knife edge of thrill and family friendly. I could be wrong but I don' think this is gong to be thrilling enough for my taste.

I hope it turns out fun and a good ride, I just think Universal has a history of underwhelming delivery on their projects. (hagrids being the exception)

@Alicia has a good video on this. Yeah kinda a coaster/darkride hybrid. My thoughts are that it should be a thrilling ride. Now I know from the start Uni/Nintendo wanted a family ride. But they can dance on the knife edge of thrill and family friendly. I could be wrong but I don' think this is gong to be thrilling enough for my taste.

I hope it turns out fun and a good ride, I just think Universal has a history of underwhelming delivery on their projects. (hagrids being the exception)

Do you think Men in Black is thrilling? I think the spinning is thrilling and fun. It's Men in Black with way more going on.

I think they sometimes drop the ball on in-house IP projects (Fallon is juts fine, F&F is bad), but I think whenever they have a heavily-involved outside party they’ve shown they’ll knock it out of the park. I don’t think there’s any reason to believe Nintendo will be anything less that spectacular.

I think the fact they're bringing this to 4 theme parks within the next 5 years is a sign they have confidence in this project. Opening in Osaka, Hollywood, Epic Universe in Orlando, and Singapore. This is a land on the size and scale of Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley. They clearly have some confidence in what they've done here.

I also think "thrilling" is not something Mario Kart should be considering the target audience.

"Exciting" is a better word, and unless they flub the execution, the ride will certainly be that. Again, I would compare it to Indiana Jones Adventure or Spider-Man. Neither of those rides have visceral thrills, but both are exciting as hell and considered some of the best rides on the planet. I expect the same level of excitement from Mario Kart.

EDIT: Also, I think people are reading "bus bar" and thinking that this is going to be like a Fantasyland-style dark ride or something. Both Spidey and Indy have bus bars. "Bus Bar" does not mean "non dynamic ride system"

Last edited:
At least with this ride there won't be "something that goes terribly wrong....." we're just duking it out in a race with Nintendo character racing alongside us. Sign me up. Gonna ruin Wario's chances at this thing if I got any say in it