Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Blury aerial of SNW Hollywood progress and layout:

Which gets me thinking again about the layout and how they could feasibly expand SNW in the future. The layout of the current steel supports makes me think the below could be possible, with things rotated it frees up space to have a tunnel through to a future expansion pad:
Layout idea.jpg

I'm hoping they start up on the DK expansion before the first phase initially opens. That way, it can open within a couple of years of Mario Kart.

No it was either SNW with Yoshi and no SLOP, or SNW no Yoshi and SLOP. Personally, i'd much rather have SLOP than Yoshi, it'll add more to the park as a whole.

Wait, so you're saying there was still a possibility that SNW could've gotten both MK and Yoshi in the same plot at its grand opening? I thought SLOP got cut due to its smaller plot compared with USJ's phase one. Where would Yoshi even go if it were to be built on the current plot? On top of the MK show building or the west side near SS 18-20?

Last edited:
Blury aerial of SNW Hollywood progress and layout:

Which gets me thinking again about the layout and how they could feasibly expand SNW in the future. The layout of the current steel supports makes me think the below could be possible, with things rotated it frees up space to have a tunnel through to a future expansion pad:
View attachment 11458

Yeah, those restaurants have gots to go.

This land scares me. Its still al mystery on its layout and it seems like its going to be a nightmare with crowds. For an environment that encourages lingering, they are going to require heavy land monitoring.

This land scares me. Its still a mystery on its layout and it seems like its going to be a nightmare with crowds. For an environment that encourages lingering, they are going to require heavy land monitoring.

I still think it's crazy how small ALL the SNW's feel, I don't understand why they haven't made the central area bigger where they have space (Epic Universe) I guess it's just confusingly small because it's multi level.

I think we will be alright in Hollywood. They installed the timed entrance machines for Potter and ended up not needing them. I'm sure they will be reused for Nintendo opening - just in case the land reaches capacity.

This land scares me. Its still al mystery on its layout and it seems like its going to be a nightmare with crowds. For an environment that encourages lingering, they are going to require heavy land monitoring.
As someone who went near the opening of JW opening....yeah the first months will be a nightmare. They are very bad in my opinion with crowd control with Jurassic Many times they stopped people fro going down the escalators creating a massive mess of people that all rushed down them at the same time over having them flow from the entrance of the park down the escalators.
The bigger joke is its one ride, I just wish it had if not Yoshi them some other attractions to get guests to not just jump on Mario Kart but no...that ride is going to have 2-3 hour lines all day if not longer because it will be the only new attraction

I will be interested to see how it all turns out, will it bring more people in? Or just the normal crowds packed into the new land, I know Potter helped but was no near what they wanted but it was a copy of another land this is a NEW land only in America at this park...for now.

I still think it's crazy how small ALL the SNW's feel, I don't understand why they haven't made the central area bigger where they have space (Epic Universe) I guess it's just confusingly small because it's multi level.

I think we will be alright in Hollywood. They installed the timed entrance machines for Potter and ended up not needing them. I'm sure they will be reused for Nintendo opening - just in case the land reaches capacity.
The reason Potter wasn't as crowded as they thought it would be was 1) They blew up the AP prices way too high (You guys remember that debacle?) and 2) Hogsmede had already been open for six years in Orlando when it opened here. SNW's crowding situation may raise some concern as they know not to blow up the AP prices too much and this will be open in Hollywood first!

The reason Potter wasn't as crowded as they thought it would be was 1) They blew up the AP prices way too high (You guys remember that debacle?) and 2) Hogsmede had already been open for six years in Orlando when it opened here. SNW's crowding situation may raise some concern as they know not to blow up the AP prices too much and this will be open in Hollywood first!
this will be open in Hollywood first! in North America. Fixed it for ya

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how busy it was when the original Jurassic Park ride opened in Hollywood? At the time I can imagine that being almost as big a deal as Potter or Nintendo.

I agree though that this could be busier than Potter because it's the first to open in the US.
My comment about the timed entry machines was just about them already having the equipment to manage crowd control issues.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how busy it was when the original Jurassic Park ride opened in Hollywood? At the time I can imagine that being almost as big a deal as Potter or Nintendo.

I agree though that this could be busier than Potter because it's the first to open in the US.
My comment about the timed entry machines was just about them already having the equipment to manage crowd control issues.

There's no information about how big Jurassic Park was on opening day but given the fact that Hogsmeade led to the park reached full capacity for the first time in it's century-long history, i'm gonna assume the two are on very different levels.

Speaking of openings, how long do you think it'll be until we get an opening date? Universal is infamously known to hold back on all coming attractions till' the last second but this project feels too major to just pull a Jurassic World and open the ride whenever they feel like.

Jurassic's original opening got so big that they used (what I believe was) the soundstage that ST was housed in this year (wasn't there, so I don't have first-hand knowledge). I wouldn't be surprised if lines got that long at all. Nintendo hits all of the demographics universal caters to; kids and families, teenagers, trendy influencers, and the Asian tourist market.

Soooo rumor time.

Got something thrown my way amidst recent developments that DKC may be getting fast tracked to open as soon as '23 (maybe sooner depending on what gets built first, that or another headliner attraction for '22). .
If this rumor is true, Universal sure ain't f'ing around with Nintendo now that they're rolling out the lands. Exciting, for sure! I do wonder what the other "headliner" attraction could be however.