Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Someone smarter and more in the know than me will confirm, but I think Hollywood’s SNW is in a similar boat as the JW coaster in Orlando. I think the money is more or less spent, and delays will have more to do with paying people as opposed to paying for the project itself. It could easily get pushed back but I do think, unlike EU, that it will come eventually.

Not claiming to be smarter than you ;)... but correct. Construction is speeding up rather than slowing down so it's definitely still coming.

Let's hope Beijing performs amazingly next Spring so that it starts pumping money into the Universal theme parks division.

Someone smarter and more in the know than me will confirm, but I think Hollywood’s SNW is in a similar boat as the JW coaster in Orlando. I think the money is more or less spent, and delays will have more to do with paying people as opposed to paying for the project itself. It could easily get pushed back but I do think, unlike EU, that it will come eventually.

Yeah that sounds better and more logical than delaying it

Super Nintendo World won't be shelved. They're too far into it to just give up.
Not claiming to be smarter than you ;)... but correct. Construction is speeding up rather than slowing down so it's definitely still coming.

This, is something that interests the hell out of me.

If Pets is delayed to 2021--and if they are still on track with Nintendo for 2021..it'd make me really wonder what they'd do in the terms of presenting that.

Super Nintendo World won't be shelved. They're too far into it to just give up.

This, is something that interests the hell out of me.

If Pets is delayed to 2021--and if they are still on track with Nintendo for 2021..it'd make me really wonder what they'd do in the terms of presenting that.
My guess would be Pets opening in early next year and that's what you market for the first park of the year...then open Nintendoland at Christmas trying to get the park to fill up

I doubt Nintendo is on track for 2021.

The only reason why I kind of..say this, is that they have been pedaling further along now, with getting more and more of the area underway. And if I'm not mistaken--things went surprisingly quick when it came to when Hogsmeade was being physically built.

Does it have to be at the same time? No. They could opt in for making it later in 2021, to make sure that they don't overflow with things for people to see and do.

I doubt Nintendo is on track for 2021.
I mean I thought rumors were for it to be open around the same time as Potterland was so April meaning even with the 2ish months where nothing happened they can easily still make next year....if they wanted to.

I think if by next year we see a cure there is zero reason not to just open it ASAP in hopes people come to fill the park up and see AP numbers jump.

But even if it doesn't come next year doubt it will be too late in 2022.

We’ve never really seen Universal stretch construction out over many quarters in an obvious attempt to spread costs like Disney does. Universal does construction at a brisk pace.

I have the feeling that’ll change now. Even if it was possible to get Nintendo open by Holiday 2021, I think they’ll purposefully make construction go longer to spread the costs.

I'm not sure even Universal have a clue when they will open this now.

They are probably trying to get it built as near to the original schedule as possible, but we then may see a similar situation to Japan where they don't open until things are safe/back to normal.

The sensible thing would be to have something big and appealing to bring crowds back once (hopefully) there is a widely used vaccine.

I like to throw this out there when someone mentions a vaccine. What if there never is one?

Then we are all screwed? :shrug:

That's why I said hopefully. Not the thread for this I know, but given the unprecedented amount of scientific expertise being thrown at this worldwide, and the promising results from some of the further along trials, I'd like to stay positive and think there will be one! :thumbsup:

and when there is... USH will be ready with a brand new SNW to bring us all back.

I'm not sure even Universal have a clue when they will open this now.

They are probably trying to get it built as near to the original schedule as possible, but we then may see a similar situation to Japan where they don't open until things are safe/back to normal.

The sensible thing would be to have something big and appealing to bring crowds back once (hopefully) there is a widely used vaccine.
Probably. Universal has too little info available, at this point in time, to make any medium to long range decisions. Very short range decisions are probably it for now.

I like to throw this out there when someone mentions a vaccine. What if there never is one?
While I don't want make this political but if in 2 or 3 years they have nothing....I'm sure people will just not care any more.

No one wants to point life on pause forever because of a virus and I can't blame them, if we live in fear and worry then what's the point of life? By that point either the Government pays everyone for forced lost wages of lower capacities or we have the worst Economy ever with no one having work.

While I don't want make this political but if in 2 or 3 years they have nothing....I'm sure people will just not care any more.

No one wants to point life on pause forever because of a virus and I can't blame them, if we live in fear and worry then what's the point of life? By that point either the Government pays everyone for forced lost wages of lower capacities or we have the worst Economy ever with no one having work.

Great point! I am one who does not live in fear. I accept there is a virus, but don't feel we need to shut down like we did. If one wants to wear a mask or never go out, that is their right. But I am now after 5 months starting to see people lose their livelihoods and their businesses. :topic:

No one wants to point life on pause forever because of a virus and I can't blame them, if we live in fear and worry then what's the point of life?
By that point either the Government pays everyone for forced lost wages of lower capacities or we have the worst Economy ever with no one having work.
BOOM!!!!!

Things will get better in general and in the theme park industry. Things will rebound. Even though it looks bad now, people do want to get back to normal sooner or later. This nonsense will not be the "new normal" (Gosh I HATE that phrase). The fear and sensationalism will fade, and then we will get worried about something else. We're not going to keep things shut down until nobody gets sick anymore as we will move on eventually.

Okay, stepping off my soapbox now and trying to steer this back onto the topic, I'm encouraged to see there is work being done to the land. Kinda sucks this will take longer than initially thought, but oh well. It would be great is we got this as a Christmas present next year.

To point direction to a topic more..probable in bringing up, @Disneyhead seemed to insinuate that Hollywood may be freezing the project for a period of time, so they can work on getting the Orlando SNW going faster.

If Hollywood is getting a freeze that'd eliminate it from 2021, that'd then mean SNW if they begin "soon" is close to a year and a year and a half in construction timelines. If, they are going into 2022 for a national push.