Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Looks like this was just uploaded.

Is it just me, or does that courtyard somehow look bigger than USJ's? I'm guessing the shop will be under the mountain and the Toad restaurant will be under Bowsers Castle in the corner, with Mario's Motors to the right at the very end of the second story. That leaves almost the entire second story (including inside the mountain) for the play areas.

Also, it's funny how there's an existing building (I think Panda's Express) built into SNW. They didn't even bother getting rid of it lol

Is it just me, or does that courtyard somehow look bigger than USJ's? I'm guessing the shop will be under the mountain and the Toad restaurant will be under Bowsers Castle in the corner, with Mario's Motors to the right at the very end of the second story. That leaves almost the entire second story (including inside the mountain) for the play areas.

Also, it's funny how there's an existing building (I think Panda's Express) built into SNW. They didn't even bother getting rid of it lol
It is weird how they did that. Almost thinking that area will be rethemed and it is somehow becoming part of SNW. Just a thought.

I know the space isn't really there without redoing the restaurant but would love them to redo the Panda Express area/cafe to be jungle themed and have Donkey go there.
Maybe if Mummy does go away they can move the walk away enough to make it happen..but would love a jungle area of the park

So it seems like they made a new(?) Mario mascot costume. Honestly, it looks fine but I'm not really a big fan of it.
20201014_223120.jpg
It feels like a step down from this costume:
dfebfc80cf1a35983ce84111602be47c.jpg
That Mario is like borderline Disney quality. His face has so much life without being creepy. And the costume has just overall better materials.

But I'll gladly take the newest one over this one...(which they used for eons it seemed):
large-luxury-l-super-mario-bros-mascot-costume.jpg

So it seems like they made a new(?) Mario mascot costume. Honestly, it looks fine but I'm not really a big fan of it.
View attachment 13371
It feels like a step down from this costume:
View attachment 13372
That Mario is like borderline Disney quality. His face has so much life without being creepy. And the costume has just overall better materials.

But I'll gladly take the newest one over this one...(which they used for eons it seemed):
View attachment 13373
Oh, wow. Yeah, that first Mario looks a little too fuzzy, and the gloves too shiny. I hope Universal goes with something more akin to the 2nd Mario, which I think I saw in the USJ SNW groundbreaking ceremony.

EDIT: I just realized the first pic was taken at USJ. Oof.

Kind of weird how Hollywood is there at all. But at least we now know SNW Hollywood is 200% real, lmao.

..I mean--who's to say Universal may of had something planned, something at a particular location as a way to tide people over with the promise of it being legitimate (and a a method of making cash off the IP early). Now how would that of worked.. :whistle: