Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I said this in the Japanese Thread...but I wish we were getting the Yoshi ride. Maybe pets will blow me away....but even if it's a "worst" ride if we don't get the rumored side characters somewhere in our land then it will suck just a little bit

I mean at the same time once this land opens I see myself for 5+ years having none stop Ap's from the USH because Nintendo/Potter/Simpsons are what I grew up on but fingers crossed they have sometime to supplement the Yoshi ride even if its just walkways that have the AA's from the ride over in Japan.

I mean at the same time once this land opens I see myself for 5+ years having none stop Ap's from the USH because Nintendo/Potter/Simpsons are what I grew up on but fingers crossed they have sometime to supplement the Yoshi ride even if its just walkways that have the AA's from the ride over in Japan.

I’ll be getting an AP too since SNW is interactive. So cool to have a real life Mario game being built down the road!

I said this in the Japanese Thread...but I wish we were getting the Yoshi ride. Maybe pets will blow me away....but even if it's a "worst" ride if we don't get the rumored side characters somewhere in our land then it will suck just a little bit

I'm definitely renewing mine whenever possible for SNW here in Hollywood. Nintendo and Potter are just some of the things I grew up with that are in Universal!

Also, maybe we could have Yoshi as a meet-n-greet to compensate for not having a Yoshi ride? I know Yoshi fans would love that. c:

I'm definitely renewing mine whenever possible for SNW here in Hollywood. Nintendo and Potter are just some of the things I grew up with that are in Universal!

Also, maybe we could have Yoshi as a meet-n-greet to compensate for not having a Yoshi ride? I know Yoshi fans would love that. c:
Enchanted Tales with...Yoshi!

That said, I have heard rumors of an enhanced Yoshi M&G.

I'm fine not having a Yoshi ride, yes it adds kinetics, but it doesn't look like much and definitely think Hollywood were better off using the ride system for SLOP.

Would be nice to have more than one attraction though, even a flat like freeze ray sliders would have been good.

I'm fine not having a Yoshi ride, yes it adds kinetics, but it doesn't look like much and definitely think Hollywood were better off using the ride system for SLOP.

Would be nice to have more than one attraction though, even a flat like freeze ray sliders would have been good.
See but Captain Toad (and maybe the other reference scenes) changes that for me.

Its Nintendo history on display....addes more motion to the land and I think would be a great ride to just relax on we don't too many rides like that at USH.

I won't mind as much if they have something to kinda make up for it like the AA's somewhere else in the land

I don't know where it could go, but that would be nice.
Unless all the inside stuff is literally inside the building that is housing the land walls, I also don't see how it would fit but would love it if the rumors of it not coming were false and we got it...because USH needs all the rides it can get

While I seriously doubt it will be exactly the same as Japan’s, I think there’s still a good possibility we could get Yoshi. Just compare the images from Japan’s to Hollywood’s:

875A94BC-E3C7-44A0-A1ED-D9D48FF48219.jpeg

A4087330-4FCB-4D3F-A6FF-A2C4F8CC85F3.jpeg

Notice how much space is inside the mountain structure and surrounding it in Hollywood’s. Yoshi in Japan has the indoor loading station, outside, inside of a little tunnel, then back outside. If we got Yoshi, it would be mainly indoors as there’s a lot of space in that structure. It would be a shame to devote ALL of that space for just one ride if we don’t end up getting Yoshi.

EDIT: Just caught something between the two images. The entire behind of that mountain for Japan's is the Mario Kart building. Thus, the mountain entirely houses the loading area for Yoshi. In Hollywood's, the mountain has been moved to another location. Unlike Japan, there is an entire "showbuilding" behind the mountain. Plenty of space for a small dark ride like Yoshi, but more indoors. HMMMMMM.

Last edited:
Here's a question, one that may need..an answer.

What if they're ditching the Multi floor concept for Hollywood; and Yoshi is completely on that second floor? If that's the case, perhaps that may allow them to have Yoshi be present for Hollywood, at the sacrifice of a vertical land.

Relocate the queue of Mario Kart and Mario Motor's to the first floor, have the kitchens for Panda and Toadstool Cafe share eachother. Hell, you can already see Bowser's Castle seemingly being on the first floor level instead of being on the second floor; just by looking at the visuals of the new drone footage.

Last edited:
I could see Yoshi going in there, but there haven't been any rumors about Yoshi going in there. Obviously, rumors are rumors, but with people saying it's not going in there makes me think Hollywood was just getting DK as an expansion years later.