Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Yeah, I'm confused. In the pic above, I'm guessing that's peach's castle at the top right, but then how are they going to get guests there to enter the land? A really long warp pipe?

So unbuilt peach castle at the bottom left?
1610330044570.png

About here. You can even see the shape of the turrets of both ends of the castle.

I'm legitimately confused about the layout of this damn land. Especially with the Mt. Beanpole backdrop, and what appears to be a version of the pyramids directly facing the side of Mario Kart: Bowser's/Koopa's Challenge.

I feel like we're not getting a Bowser facade for Mario Kart. I just can't see where its going. Feels odd that the second floor seems borderline non-existent.

Notice the blue mountain facade? I don't think that's in the Japanese version of the land.View attachment 13777
The longer I look at the construction for the Hollywood version, the more perplexed I become. I feel like we're going to have a drastically different version of the land from the Orlando and Japan versions.

It is there in Japan's version. Theres a small, snowcapped section to the left of Japan's Boswer's Castle that has its backdrop covered by the platforms in front of it.

EDIT: just saw the drone video and did notice the pyramids above the bridge are still 1:1 in the OG version, not where they would be mirrored. This is definitely an interesting development.

Last edited:
This is coming along great! I'd also add that it looks about 35% complete in terms of construction. Maybe by April, we'll have a facade for more things.

Notice the blue mountain facade? I don't think that's in the Japanese version of the land.View attachment 13777
The longer I look at the construction for the Hollywood version, the more perplexed I become. I feel like we're going to have a drastically different version of the land from the Orlando and Japan versions.

Just a guess... but after looking at the USJ construction, this looks like the layout
Screenshot_20210110-172108_YouTube.jpg

I know this is a super late reply, but could the show concept be something like this at night?

Just imagine a digitally mapped 8-bit mario going across the perimeter of the whole lan while the "festival" is going.

I would love this.

That sound has so much energy in it a 5-10 min show like at the Hogwarts Castle would be soooo much fun and hope one day we get something like that.

I personally don’t care how cool the interactive games are. I think it would be a shame if they used that descent amount of interior space for something that’s not a ride. A small C/low D ticket would be pretty nice inside of mount beanpole.
Mount Beanpole is actually pretty small. It only fits Yoshi's queue and station over in Japan. There's not enough room for a ride here.

For sure we are getting the "worst" land but hey Potterland is also worst here but it still is fun to go into and themed to the teeth.

I have since day one said I wanted the Yoshi ride and really no clue why they could not find the extra space or money...its like DCA why spend alot but still not enough? But sadly my guess is the only medium success of Potter is why Yoshi was cut.

I live near USH and while yes on peak days it gets busy.....I have gone late (and by late I mean past 8 PM because the park closes by 10pm) and the rides have almost no lines on most days when iy was busy. This sadly means the higher ups see this as still a risk of not drawing in enough people and so we get one ride and with Covid sure they happy they didn't risk more.

For sure we are getting the "worst" land but hey Potterland is also worst here but it still is fun to go into and themed to the teeth.

I have since day one said I wanted the Yoshi ride and really no clue why they could not find the extra space or money...its like DCA why spend alot but still not enough? But sadly my guess is the only medium success of Potter is why Yoshi was cut.

I live near USH and while yes on peak days it gets busy.....I have gone late (and by late I mean past 8 PM because the park closes by 10pm) and the rides have almost no lines on most days when iy was busy. This sadly means the higher ups see this as still a risk of not drawing in enough people and so we get one ride and with Covid sure they happy they didn't risk more.

USH was getting virtually the same attendance as Orlando but with a park not even half the size.
Add to that the fact it's had more than a billion invested in the place and thats without the hundreds of millions they are spending on SNW.

Yes we could have had a second ride, but I really don't think the reason we haven't got one is anything to do with the success of the park.

I actually like USH's layout more than Japan's if I'm being honest. Especially the reveal at the entrance. The only actual thing that's missing is the Yoshi ride (but from what others have said, we're still getting elements of that in the land, in addition to SLOP on the upper-lot). Would Yoshi be nice to have? Sure, but it's not something I would write home about. Let's be glad we're even getting a SNW AT ALL.