Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

USH was getting virtually the same attendance as Orlando but with a park not even half the size.
Add to that the fact it's had more than a billion invested in the place and thats without the hundreds of millions they are spending on SNW.

Yes we could have had a second ride, but I really don't think the reason we haven't got one is anything to do with the success of the park.
So strange...I wonder if while getting similar numbers many people don't stay as long or something because there are times the park is empty and like I said if you go past 8 PM on some busy days (where Jurassic/Mummy/Potter are at 90+ all day then drop to under 20)
I'm not going to downplay the numbers because its good for that park at its size but strange it doesn't feel as busy as Disneyland or DCA even at many points of the year yet is close in attendance.

What ever the reason the high up's made the mistake of not having another ride being it Yoshi it some re themed carnival ride and it does suck when the space is being used for.....games whatever the heck those are.

So strange...I wonder if while getting similar numbers many people don't stay as long or something because there are times the park is empty and like I said if you go past 8 PM on some busy days (where Jurassic/Mummy/Potter are at 90+ all day then drop to under 20)
I'm not going to downplay the numbers because its good for that park at its size but strange it doesn't feel as busy as Disneyland or DCA even at many points of the year yet is close in attendance.

What ever the reason the high up's made the mistake of not having another ride being it Yoshi it some re themed carnival ride and it does suck when the space is being used for.....games whatever the heck those are.

A little off topic I know but that's an interesting point. I wonder what the 'dwell' time is for parks like USH/DL & DCA. If I'm going to Disney I'm there from first thing until end of day to get the best value (and get everything done) Last time I went to USH I got on everything about 4 times and even had time to go out to citywalk and see a movie before returning for more.

I think Universal have realised they need a bigger attraction count at USH which is why they have maxed out the Upper Lot and are now looking to add capacity down on the LL. Nintendo is just the start IMO.

I'd guess Orlando attendance is, except for these covid times, more tourist guest heavy, thus they're spending more of their precious vacation time in the parks. Hollywood,
with lots of locals that can go anytime, would trend more to guests popping in for a few hours, or AP's hitting CitiWalk for a night of dining/entertainment popping into the park
for a couple hours while there. My guess is if there was a statistic that broke down total guests per hour in the parks, that the numbers wouldn't even be close.

What's in Mt. Beanpole then? It'd be odd to have a facade that leads to nothing.

Maybe they're using it as a creative way to get to the 2nd level. Remember Japan's starts on the 2nd level, and Yoshi's queue (within the Beatpole structure in Japan) goes from the ground up to the 2nd level.

I'm also not seeing where they would put that unpainted/gray staircase in Hollywoods'.

Last edited:
A thought--what if Hollywood doesn't get Mario Motors, and instead the MK attraction funnels out into 1-Up? Could help with the layout.
I was just about to say this as well. The pyramids are appearing now which houses the indoor scene from Yoshi. I expect 1-Up and Mario Motors to be merged into this two floor building attached to the exit of Mario Kart.

SNW_USH.jpeg

Mt Bean Pole could be the Bowser Jr boss battle or house the indoor cave section which is shown in the Nintendo Direct. Or perhaps it could house part of the Mario Kart queue?

I'm also not seeing where they would put that unpainted/gray staircase in Hollywoods'.

I was wondering the same thing. I guess to the right of the Toadstool entrance but that would be really tight considering you'd come right up into the MK entrance. Perhaps it could now be on the other side of Mount Beanpole and then there is a walkway through the mountain? :shrug:

Maybe they're using it as a creative way to get to the 2nd level. Remember Japan's starts on the 2nd level, and Yoshi's queue (within the Beatpole structure in Japan) goes from the ground up to the 2nd level.

Looking at the layout, that makes a lot of sense.

This is like guaranteed for a very early 2022 opening at the pace they're going. And yeah, I think I already prefer this layout. I'm not crazy about the layout in Japan if I'm being very honest. It looks too cramped to me. This is going to be very tight too but it looks like there's more room to breath.

I'd guess Orlando attendance is, except for these covid times, more tourist guest heavy, thus they're spending more of their precious vacation time in the parks. Hollywood,
with lots of locals that can go anytime, would trend more to guests popping in for a few hours, or AP's hitting CitiWalk for a night of dining/entertainment popping into the park
for a couple hours while there. My guess is if there was a statistic that broke down total guests per hour in the parks, that the numbers wouldn't even be close.

Yes, we do have a lot of locals, but we also get a huge influx of tourists from the Asian countries as well.

I don't know if maybe I'm tripping or not but why do the quality of the hills look so different in Hollywood vs. Japan. Japan seems to have solid 3 dimensional mountains while ours look like poster boards being glued to flat metal panels. Its kind of jarring being able to see the rectangle print on the mountains even after the mountain has been formed. I was in Osaka a couple years back when everything was under construction and I remember staring at the hills being formed while watching Water World... They did not look like this.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1610330044570.png
    1610330044570.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 75
I don't know if maybe I'm tripping or not but why do the quality of the hills look so different in Hollywood vs. Japan. Japan seems to have solid 3 dimensional mountains while ours look like poster boards being glued to flat metal panels. Its kind of jarring being able to see the rectangle print on the mountains even after the mountain has been formed. I was in Osaka a couple years back when everything was under construction and I remember staring at the hills being formed while watching Water World... They did not look like this.

Maybe they're not done yet and it will both look the same in the end.