Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let's be honest, the land is mostly coaster. This isn't like SNW where they have a bunch of technically advanced side attractions. Outside of the coaster there's a meet and greet, a shop, a food stand, and a few interactive elements.

*ahem* The area will feature a roller coaster, interactive experiences, and themed merchandise and food. Guests will be able to take a walk through the lush jungles where Donkey Kong and his friends live.

Super Nintendo World also did open THIS year, and Japan is still dealing with a State of Emergency due to the latest COVID wave. Considering most Universal timelines for a new ride is 2 years, I think 3 years for an entire land is fine.

Woooooo hoooooo. This looks so good. Really curious to the interactive experiences that this one will have.

Ayeeee it’s official! For Epic Universe purposes, I think this means DK either debuts there in the US, or is a dual opening in Hollywood. I don’t see USH getting it before EU, if it’s going to take Japan this long.

Love the official concept art, cannot wait to see this area in practice.

Maybe the reason stems more so to how much of a prototype the Boom Coaster is, and integrating a heavy amount of theming to it? Could also be possible that they're gunning for similar results, in that this project takes 2.5 years from now to around Feb/March 2024.

I think perhaps this expansion was always meant to open closer to Epic Universe opening. Epic pushed back, DK pushed back. Covid restricting visitors to Japan, Covid restricting construction materials in Orlando. Covid delays all around.

I’m just happy it was officially announced.

I'm excited for this....because that means we are one step closer to the next Nintendo IP getting a ride and or land...Pokemon or Zelda should in theory be next

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
It was the whole land the opened within that time frame too, which is all the more shocking.

I would also argue that the two new rides were a coaster without a great deal of theming and another lightly themed ride using existing technology. Beyond that, it was put in pathways, some oversized plastic set pieces, and a couple utilitarian structures (ex. Restrooms, stores, etc).

This is a new coaster type with a lot of theming and a new land area. If SNW is growing by 70%, this is a pretty large development. Three years is probably appropriate, especially, as mentioned, with COVID and everything else going on right now.

Reactions: Nick
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a combo of Nintendo requiring early announcement, so they given a date with plenty of lee way, I call it now, the land will soft open like SNW did

Either way, its great to see Donkey Kong announced, also interactivity is good to hear as it went down very well in the original land it be silly not to add more.
But if that boom coaster lives up to the hype its going to be quite an attraction