Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread

Summer 2022 sounds to soon. If I were USJ, I would wait to 2023 when Covid should be behind them and do a massive new marketing campaign on Super Nintendo World overall. They lost the opportunity to do so the past year.
Agreed, there really isn’t a rush. DK is a way to get the opening crowds they were hoping for pre Covid

Whole Pokemon Go event, wasn't it? I remember that survey
Forget a Pokemon Go event, they need an Animal Crossing event. They'd do gangbusters having a Nook's cranny pop-up and a Isabelle and Tom Nook meet and Greet. Not to mention a KK Slider concert at the plaza.
Summer 2022 sounds to soon. If I were USJ, I would wait to 2023 when Covid should be behind them and do a massive new marketing campaign on Super Nintendo World overall. They lost the opportunity to do so the past year.
Eh, I think Summer 2022 sounds about right....barring nothing goes wrong implementing materials and whatnot.

I have to agree. USJ already anticipated how popular Nintendo World would be, especially the DK area. They had a year to assess the DK expansion after SNW was completed last year (but opened almost a year later due to COVID), and already have the layers designed to speed up the construction of the DK area. If it opens in 2022, then I'll be booking for a trip to Japan.

WDW grand strategy: They'll delay GOTG & Tron until 2025 to go up against the opening of Epic. ....I'm joking, but you never know what Disney is capable of. :lol:
I have a feeling Disney isn't paying enough attention to EU

"The tide brings up all ships" or something...

I have a feeling Disney isn't paying enough attention to EU

"The tide brings up all ships" or something...
Yes. With Disney obviously back in one of their all too often complacent modes under the reign of Chapek, Universal has a strong opportunity to crack a good
percentage of that WDW market dominance. The Disney veneer just may well crack.....and then the flood comes....maybe.

Universal Studios Japan has announced they will expand Super Nintendo World to include a new area themed after Donkey Kong - set to open in 2024.

Last edited by a moderator: