Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

It's a window on the left wall if looking directly at DK entry portal. It uses the Yoshi's Island font and sells cookies and yogurt smoothies. I talked about it on an upcoming SharkStop but it hasn't gone up yet. I'm glad we at least got some photos of the drinks because they're so cute.

The cookies come in Yoshi wrappers too. We were discussing how amazing it is that each quick service has its own branded packaging. They could've easily used the same SNW branded cups and wrappers in all three locations (Cafe, Popcorn, and Yoshi,) and yet they went that extra mile and branded for each!

I remember that in one of your video you talked about a gift shop at the exit of the Yoshi ride. So do you confirm that this shop will, in reality, not exist and that the snack location took its place ? Or both will be there ?

Just asking for clarification ! The dead end area, leading to the expansion pad, really makes me curious. It is an area of a decent acreage and I wonder why they didn't add more stuff to do over there, especially whe you see how crowded and tight the rest of the land will be. And the expansion won't open until at least a few years from now !

I guess they could have easily added M&G spaces, interactive games or put a small stage in front of the closed portal to the expansion pad...

Last edited:
I’m easy to please when it comes to food so I don’t normally anticipate theme park meals but my god I’m gonna have to plan this all out. Glad there’s another dining booth or snack shack, again, insaneee how well they’ve utilized the small space they’ve been working with.

I remember that in one of your video you talked about a gift shop at the exit of the Yoshi ride. So do you confirm that this shop will, in reality, not exist and that the snack location took its place ? Or both will be there ?

Just asking for clarification ! The dead end area, leading to the expansion pad, really makes me curious. It is an area of a decent acreage and I wonder why they didn't add more stuff to do over there, especially whe you see how crowded and tight the rest of the land will be. And the expansion won't open until at least a few years from now !

I guess they could have easily added M&G spaces, interactive games or put a small stage in front of the closed portal to the expansion pad...
I think I heard the plans called for a Yoshi retail storage across from the exit, so either that's just what they called it because it's near that area, or the shop was changed to a quick service window, or there is meant to be a cart in that area but it never opened, (maybe due to social distancing or a change of plans). I don't know, I could've just been wrong and assumed it was for a shop but wasn't.

Also, accidentally found this while looking for something else and thought it was interesting:

Not that it’s a bad thing, but I think expectations for this attraction were drastically different than what the final product actually ended up being. I’m saying this before any POV has even leaked, but I think this is what led to a lot of the mixed reactions we’re seeing on this site thus far.

By the sound of it, MK was not designed as an ordinary dark ride that we are used to. It seems as if we are going to be immersed into the video game and not into the actual world of Mario per say. I think in a weird way, it will give this ride a bit more of an appropriate gameplay quality. It definitely is a fresh and unique approach that I don’t think really works with any other IP outside of Nintendo.

I guess it essentially comes down to preference, but I don’t see how this could necessarily be a bad thing at all. I’m looking forward to it!

Yikes, they aren't playing around. I got caught big time. View attachment 13763
Say goodbye to any chance of getting that Mario Kart POV before February 4th.

If you posted leaks on Twitter, they're gonna hunt you down.
I've been searching non-public information and design rights for like 20 minutes lol

The best I got is posting pictures of merchandise before it's publicly released may affect profitability down the road

With attractions, technically you make be taking pictures of things that are patented and have not been made publicly available as of yet (if ever)

Lastly, design rights extend to look and presentation, which may not be finalized up until opening (i.e. display lighting, placement of merch, etc)

IDK that's all I got, any legal people around these parts? haha

Can't remember if it's been talked about but I imagine that there could be a couple AA's at the start or end of the ride before all the action really picks up. I'm picturing Lakitu or one of the Team Mario characters in a position similar to Luigi and Guido in Radiator Springs Racers

Can't remember if it's been talked about but I imagine that there could be a couple AA's at the start or end of the ride before all the action really picks up. I'm picturing Lakitu or one of the Team Mario characters in a position similar to Luigi and Guido in Radiator Springs Racers
Thats exactly what I was thinking (I think I already said it earlier in the thread). I don't see AAs during the AR action likely. But, AAs in isolation makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how people take getting on a ride that is themed to a go kart race that, apparently, is a slow moving dark ride. Not to make a direct comparison, but F&F was blasted partially because the IP suggests a fast paced ride.

It'll be interesting to see how people take getting on a ride that is themed to a go kart race that, apparently, is a slow moving dark ride. Not to make a direct comparison, but F&F was blasted partially because the IP suggests a fast paced ride.
Fast and Furious isn’t a kids video game though. I think people would be instantly forgiving for a family franchise like Mario to be represented by a family-friendly ride.

I guess F&F is all about “family” too lol, but the films are more geared toward teenagers and grown ups.

Fast and Furious isn’t a kids video game though. I think people would be instantly forgiving for a family franchise like Mario to be represented by a family-friendly ride.

I guess F&F is all about “family” too lol, but the films are more geared toward teenagers and grown ups.

That's kind of a tightrope though. I always thought SNW was essentially a "kid's land", but a number of people around here wanted to argue because they are adults who grew up on Mario and all that. I'm fine with the ride concept, but if you can't really "race" and it's a slow dark ride, how many people are going to melt down?

That's kind of a tightrope though. I always thought SNW was essentially a "kid's land", but a number of people around here wanted to argue because they are adults who grew up on Mario and all that. I'm fine with the ride concept, but if you can't really "race" and it's a slow dark ride, how many people are going to melt down?

Some actual physical sets would help...I was (maybe still am?) really looking forward to seeing fast spinning objects to simulate fast movement.

That's why there's AR.

Still shocks me that people are finding stuff to be upset about in this land, this land took the Wizarding Worlds main strengths improved them and added unique first of its kind experiences with a brand new IP to theme parks. There will always be misses and kinks to work on, I use to be so in shock in how the FJ screens worked, but now I'd be lucky to not see the edges or have the screen work in general, but theres no way Uni would put this much into a huge part of an Overseas park (One off the biggest franchises in the country/world) and not go full Harry Potter on it. Mario was never my favorite growing up but can easily see myself spending hours in the land:bored:

Still shocks me that people are finding stuff to be upset about in this land, this land took the Wizarding Worlds main strengths improved them and added unique first of its kind experiences with a brand new IP to theme parks. There will always be misses and kinks to work on, I use to be so in shock in how the FJ screens worked, but now I'd be lucky to not see the edges or have the screen work in general, but theres no way Uni would put this much into a huge part of an Overseas park (One off the biggest franchises in the country/world) and not go full Harry Potter on it. Mario was never my favorite growing up but can easily see myself spending hours in the land:bored:
There's always lots of criticism at the beginning. Wait a year and you'll see which criticism tends to stick.

The fact that F&F isn't some kind of coaster or very fast ride is incredibly stupid

I'll reserve it until I see the POV, but I think someone would be rather forgiving of some digital environments and simulation in a ride based off a game (especially since practical effects and sets have been confirmed to be involved)

However, there's always going to be someone that thinks it should've been a Go-Kart ride like at Fun Spot and then forgets their dumb idea by lunchtime