Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Of course, it would also be impossible to have the NBA stay in a bubble for nine months. The impact on COVID has been felt in every way possible, unfortunately. Sometimes, I wonder if trying to keep sports running was a bad idea but that's a conversation for a different thread.

For USJ, I have a feeling that SNW will be a huge draw and will stay packed for some time, even without the Olympics.
Yes. Plus it's not like the park is close to many Olympic venues, like the Disney parks are. I think it's always been a stretch that many of those tourists would show up to travel to Universal anyway. They only have a finite time available , let alone travel that far. I would think Disney parks are the ones that will be affected primarily.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Yes. Plus it's not like the park is close to many Olympic venues, like the Disney parks are. I think it's always been a stretch that many of those tourists would show up to travel to Universal anyway. They only have a finite time available , let alone travel that far. I would think Disney parks are the ones that will be affected primarily.
More international tourism always means higher attendance. Doesn't matter how close. Does it have Potter? Check. Super Nintendo? Check.

People would be there if they could.

More international tourism always means higher attendance. Doesn't matter how close. Does it have Potter? Check. Super Nintendo? Check.

Olympics is a different ballgame. People come for those sports and don't necessarily venture beyond the venues they're at. Just take a look at the disappointing results businesses in Athens, Atlanta and LA had when Olympic business increase projections didn't ever materialize.

Reactions: tielo and SkiBum

Literally, this is me. I certainly don’t have a plan to go to Japan soon, but it certainly looks appealing considering SNW isn’t coming in full scale to Orlando for probably 5 or more years? If I can travel internationally safely in 4 years, might not be the worst trip idea ever. There’s plenty to see in Japan as well also lol but in 4-5 years Hagrid’s (rumored for USJ) and/or DK will be out by that time too.

That being said, idk if people with this similiar thought process to me are a large % of bookings.

Neither the IOC or Japan have any financial or ethical incentive to go forward with the Olympics. It's a lost cause at this point. If USJ needs additional draws with SNW, they can bring back Attack on Titan for Universal Cool.

Olympics is a different ballgame. People come for those sports and don't necessarily venture beyond the venues they're at. Just take a look at the disappointing results businesses in Athens, Atlanta and LA had when Olympic business increase projections didn't ever materialize.

When we had the Vancouver Olympics, it was HUGE for the city and the Province. And it resulted in long term tourism gains.

I don’t think Japan would want to run the games at the risk of having zero economic impact, you don’t spend all that money to not have a boom during and after the games.

Cancel, the IOC should just award them a new date, they probably have all the infrastructure built and just need to maintain it.

When we had the Vancouver Olympics, it was HUGE for the city and the Province. And it resulted in long term tourism gains.

I don’t think Japan would want to run the games at the risk of having zero economic impact, you don’t spend all that money to not have a boom during and after the games.

Cancel, the IOC should just award them a new date, they probably have all the infrastructure built and just need to maintain it.

The majority of the time that host city/country loses money hand over fist. There have been some interesting articles that demonstrated how much the host cities lost and it was staggering. I am sure that it doesn't always happen (your example being Vancouver) but that appears to be the exception and not the rule.

Im concerned that cancellation will impact NBC which could mean less money for the parks. Im sure NBC had spent a ton of sunk costs already.

Im concerned that cancellation will impact NBC which could mean less money for the parks. Im sure NBC had spent a ton of sunk costs already.
Hopefully Winter Olympics are on a year from now to help make up for that, to be fair, lots of networks are experiencing lower ratings in fields (Sports) where they did not before, it’s more of a trend. No doubt a major loss for them and Peacock though. Now focus on expanding Peacock’s sports options more domestically (NHL replays would be nice), continue their PL coverage, and I think they can survive just fine.

I wonder if they could convince Paris and LA to bump back a slot. I doubt it, but I feel like that would be better than making Tokyo wait 10+ years.

Another take/look at DK Coaster to distract us. This area seems like it might be even more congested than the rest of SNW as it's only 1 level? Still really wanted to see a real life Donkey Kong area though, I hope like hell they find a way to bring this to USH.

Kinda late on the reply, but I can't help but feel disappointed in how short this looks. That's not really any fault of Universal/Nintendo, given the space they had to work with, but this feels like wasted potential.

The layout appears to be
  1. Load
  2. Show-scene as you turn to the right
  3. Launch up into the barrel
  4. Jump over the waterfall
  5. Brakes
  6. Helix
  7. Drop
  8. Jump over spikes
  9. Turnaround
  10. Side-to-side jump track
  11. Turn
  12. Launch/lift hill
  13. A few turns
  14. Drop into the water
  15. Brakes
  16. Show-scene
  17. Unload
Not the worst ride in the world by a wide margin, and the gimmick and theming will be a giant stand out, but the ride itself is lacking. Really wish it was longer.

Hopefully Winter Olympics are on a year from now to help make up for that, to be fair, lots of networks are experiencing lower ratings in fields (Sports) where they did not before, it’s more of a trend. No doubt a major loss for them and Peacock though. Now focus on expanding Peacock’s sports options more domestically (NHL replays would be nice), continue their PL coverage, and I think they can survive just fine.

Many times, businesses obtain insurance that covers lost income due to event cancellations. This coverage differs from business interruption coverage which is where lawsuits are developing between insurance companies and their insureds.

Kinda late on the reply, but I can't help but feel disappointed in how short this looks. That's not really any fault of Universal/Nintendo, given the space they had to work with, but this feels like wasted potential.

The layout appears to be
  1. Load
  5. Brakes
  6. Helix
  7. Drop
  8. Jump over spikes
  9. Turnaround
  11. Turn
  12. Launch/lift hill
  13. A few turns
  14. Drop into the water
  15. Brakes
  16. Show-scene
  17. Unload
Not the worst ride in the world by a wide margin, and the gimmick and theming will be a giant stand out, but the ride itself is lacking. Really wish it was longer.

It does seem short but I can't tell the speed involved. Diagrams like this don't take into account blocking sections or sections where the ride is moving slower. It's also difficult to get a feel for scale.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

The layout appears to be
  1. Load
  5. Brakes
  6. Helix
  7. Drop
  8. Jump over spikes
  9. Turnaround
  11. Turn
  12. Launch/lift hill
  13. A few turns
  14. Drop into the water
  15. Brakes
  16. Show-scene
  17. Unload
Some AA’s/scenes and fire/water effects and this is like a dark ride + coaster style ride.

Some AA’s/scenes and fire/water effects and this is like a dark ride + coaster style ride.
There doesn't appear to be much of a dark ride in this, though? Only a couple of small show scenes and a small indoor section (the side-to-side jump tracks and the necessary lift hill to get at the height needed for the last outdoor portion). And I did say that the theming would be a standout feature.

Not saying that it's going to be a bad ride, of course. I just can't help but to imagine what it would have been like if Universal had more space to work with.

There doesn't appear to be much of a dark ride in this, though? Only a couple of small show scenes and a small indoor section (the side-to-side jump tracks and the necessary lift hill to get at the height needed for the last outdoor portion). And I did say that the theming would be a standout feature.

Not saying that it's going to be a bad ride, of course. I just can't help but to imagine what it would have been like if Universal had more space to work with.
I think they consider MK to be the showstopper dark ride for the land

Thus, DK provides an adjacent experience to Yoshi and MK

Reactions: Legacy
We’re also on a Kuka arm coaster, new ride system to my knowledge. Not that I “expect less” but, not much else I feel they could’ve done with this ride other than wrap it around the entirety of DK’s Jungle but idk how you hide the track then.

This seems like a better 7DMT, short and sweet and lovely, but probably longer waits than it deserves. I feel most theme park attractions are that sometimes to a certain degree, but this to me feels like as much of a response to 7DMT as they could. That sways, this jumps over the track, maybe has a little more going on during the ride too but, feels like it’s goal is similiar. Short, e ticket themed family ride, sounds good to me

Question for you all: Would you have preferred a different concept for the big E-ticket Nintendo attraction or do you think Mario Kart was the best possible choice? This has nothing to do with ride quality, just purely concept.

Question for you all: Would you have preferred a different concept for the big E-ticket Nintendo attraction or do you think Mario Kart was the best possible choice? This has nothing to do with ride quality, just purely concept.
Mario Kart is easily the best option, although I wouldn't have been mad if we got a trackless Mario dark ride with practical effects mixed in with screens.

On the olympics discussion above, if they vaccinate all of the athletes and officials, there's not a real need for a bubble.

Based on when the cancellation happened, I'd say they had spent most of the money already, so it may cost more to push it off 12 years and keep the buildings maintained. There's more to it of course, but with where things stand right now, I don't see anything that would prevent the Olympics from happening 6 months from now.

On the olympics discussion above, if they vaccinate all of the athletes and officials, there's not a real need for a bubble.

Based on when the cancellation happened, I'd say they had spent most of the money already, so it may cost more to push it off 12 years and keep the buildings maintained. There's more to it of course, but with where things stand right now, I don't see anything that would prevent the Olympics from happening 6 months from now.
The game of Life said "hello".