Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 194 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whelp, I'm about to derail this for a bit. Remember that this was announced in May 2015? Well, the Illumination Mario movie was announced in January 2018. I wonder if Super Nintendo World will have any influence on the Mario Movie in its creative aspects. Universal and Nintendo probably don't want a movie that's aestheticlly too different from the land so the land and movie can sell themselves to each other. But then again, since the land is based on the video games, maybe that won't matter? Though, Illumination plays it extremely safe with their flicks so I can still see the land as an influence.

Also, I wonder if Miyamoto is going to let them tweak the designs. Is the movie going to be a straight up recreation of the look of the games (like what the land is going for)? Or are they going to "Illuminate" Mario & the gang (like what they did with the Dr. Suess adaptations)?

View attachment 14053

I wonder how much creative freedom Nintendo is giving Illumination for this flick with Super Nintendo World's existence.
Side note: if the Illumination film happens, the synergy with SNW is so tantalizing to me

Just remember, if we don't like the character designs in the movie, we can just protest on twitter till they fix them. Worked for Sonic!
Lol Nintendo actually cares so I'm sure they will look fine

I just love the idea of having a Universal film so it's technically not an "outside" property

At least I wont see it that way

It's really a neither here nor thing honestly...It's just something I appreciate and enjoy to see

My final opinion on the speed thing is that, while you could create a ride with the illusion of speed in a show building ala Indiana Jones, the constant speed and lurching around of an Indiana Jones or Spider-Man type ride would not allow you to interact with the world in any meaningful way. I imagine, based on the concept art from 2017, that such a ride may have been Universal's initial pitch, but Nintendo and Universal Creative mutually steered the ride in a different, and more novel, direction.

So Mario Kart is a good ride, and an amazing achievement of both themed design and technology. However, as a person who doesn't really value interactivity in ride, my preference and imagined ideal for the perfect ride forever remains whatever the equivalent of Indiana Jones 2.0 is. Maybe that Zootopia ride with the rumored EMV 2.0 ride system.

Anyways, I need USH to open so I can ride this and Pets.

My final opinion on the speed thing is that, while you could create a ride with the illusion of speed in a show building ala Indiana Jones, the constant speed and lurching around of an Indiana Jones or Spider-Man type ride would not allow you to interact with the world in any meaningful way.

Plus the complaints about too similar ride systems. So I'm glad they didn't go that way.

That is a potential downside of relying entirely on IP-based rides: expectations people have for the ride system. Meeting those expectations often requires sacrificing variety. What most people seemed to want from F&F, for instance, would've likely just reused some other ride system.

That is a potential downside of relying entirely on IP-based rides: expectations people have for the ride system. Meeting those expectations often requires sacrificing variety. What most people seemed to want from F&F, for instance, would've likely just reused some other ride system.
Somewhere there's a F&F ride that has cars on Kuka arms that we're riding

I think we should all just be glad that lo que estamos viendo aquí es mucho más mejor que cualquier cosa de F&F en los parques. それに、少なくともフロリダの乗り物を無視できるんだな。

Acho que isso vai ficar muito confuso pros que não falam esses idiomas. :p

I saw yesterday a few commenters on YouTube saying that Universal said Mario Kart would be a coaster

I'm starting to realize why Universal keeps things so close to the chest and doesn't tell us anything until after a ride opens

I'm sure they're just trying to cause dissention, but I found it funny none the less

BTW, I think I've watched the POV about 100 times...I really can't wait for it to be here

I saw yesterday a few commenters on YouTube saying that Universal said Mario Kart would be a coaster

I'm starting to realize why Universal keeps things so close to the chest and doesn't tell us anything until after a ride opens

I'm sure they're just trying to cause dissention, but I found it funny none the less

BTW, I think I've watched the POV about 100 times...I really can't wait for it to be here
I actually think this is one of the times Uni keeping everything so close to the chest was a mistake. Tho I wouldn’t be surprised if that was also Nintendo’s decision.

Gee... I wonder where people would get such an idea :tired:

C64644D7-616E-44C0-AB5A-3EEEC10214A9.jpeg