Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Almost all the scaffolding is down. The kinetic energy is insane.

I think that's one aspect that's going to put this land over the top. Something that can be missing from a lot of big theme park lands is kinetic energy. They can have the theming and soundscape down, but motion is often missing if they don't have an outdoor attraction. SNW is putting in kinetic energy everywhere they can, and that's not counting the fact they have the Yoshi ride which is gonna' add even more! (Plus there's DK on the way!)
There's so much to draw the eyes that I think it's gonna' be a sensory overload in the best way.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I think that's one aspect that's going to put this land over the top. Something that can be missing from a lot of big theme park lands is kinetic energy. They can have the theming and soundscape down, but motion is often missing if they don't have an outdoor attraction. SNW is putting in kinetic energy everywhere they can, and that's not counting the fact they have the Yoshi ride which is gonna' add even more! (Plus there's DK on the way!)
There's so much to draw the eyes that I think it's gonna' be a sensory overload in the best way.
Hmmm, "sensory overload". That is something I mentioned earlier in this thread. In theme parks that is real. The meltdowns I have seen at the MK are amazing.

Reactions: Tobias and Mad Dog
Hmmm, "sensory overload". That is something I mentioned earlier in this thread. In theme parks that is real. The meltdowns I have seen at the MK are amazing.
Honestly just emphasizes the need for quiet space. That's one of the things I enjoyed most about IOA. All the secluded areas out by the lagoon. Some shows have taken the role of these spaces in the overcrowded parks. I remember when my sister and I were younger we would spend time hanging out in the DCA MuppetVision preshow room. Since people would only come in close to the beginning of a show, we would enter right as a show was beginning, but hang out to wait for the next show and watch the preshow. So we basically had the whole place to ourselves and maybe another family with the same idea. It's somehow a very cheap yet endearing space. Something about those carpets too man...very soothing. Same with Art of Animation and Disney Junior except in one there's no corner to settle in and the other has a show. So MuppetVision it was. It's probably even quieter in there now that Phillarmagic has the space, though those carpets are probably bloody disgusting

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yes but no one is also saying open a theme park land that essentially REQUIRES touching lol. I think initially SNW may have a bumpy start, its not that I doubt the land, its that the land wasn't built for 2020 and none of us know for sure the future of it.

Regardless, the basis of this discussion was that we agreed, REGARDLESS of Covid or how it changes the land, this land was freaking nailed on aesthetics's alone. Perfectly done job bringing a video game to life.

Some of the more interactive street features might not be able to open for a very long time, but if the two rides are operational by next summer no one should be complaining.

Last edited:
Honestly just emphasizes the need for quiet space. That's one of the things I enjoyed most about IOA. All the secluded areas out by the lagoon. Some shows have taken the role of these spaces in the overcrowded parks. I remember when my sister and I were younger we would spend time hanging out in the DCA MuppetVision preshow room. Since people would only come in close to the beginning of a show, we would enter right as a show was beginning, but hang out to wait for the next show and watch the preshow. So we basically had the whole place to ourselves and maybe another family with the same idea. It's somehow a very cheap yet endearing space. Something about those carpets too man...very soothing. Same with Art of Animation and Disney Junior except in one there's no corner to settle in and the other has a show. So MuppetVision it was. It's probably even quieter in there now that Phillarmagic has the space, though those carpets are probably bloody disgusting
The breakoff paths at IOA are a hidden gem.

I think SNW will have some more 'calm' areas, but much like Potter there will always be a ton of people moving around

ThemeparX posted this new pic.

123112312_802780597208462_4308028857431829018_n.jpg

It looks ready to open. The only scaffolding left that I found is around the piranha plans in front of the entrance to Yoshi's Adventure.

Last edited:
A big part of why they need such a big building is that there are two tracks traveling side by side. That requires a much larger reach envelope than your average dark ride. Not only do you have to worry about riders not being able to touch the sets, but also, they cannot reach the other riders in the car next to them. Add in set pieces that go between both cars and you've got yourself a pretty wide swath of space in a scene. Now, multiply that times ~10 scenes.

Men in Black Alien Attack has a similar issue with space, given its two parallel tracks.

A big part of why they need such a big building is that there are two tracks traveling side by side. That requires a much larger reach envelope than your average dark ride. Not only do you have to worry about riders not being able to touch the sets, but also, they cannot reach the other riders in the car next to them. Add in set pieces that go between both cars and you've got yourself a pretty wide swath of space in a scene. Now, multiply that times ~10 scenes.

Men in Black Alien Attack has a similar issue with space, given its two parallel tracks.
Hopefully it doesn't feel like a warehouse.