Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Also you know what I think would’ve been a cool addition now that I think of it? A Mario kiddie coaster with this music.

Sounds like perfect music for a flat ride/spinner.

Alien Saucers/Mater's are certainly not must-rides, but they are significantly more fun than teacups/dumbo/Stormforce/Twirl/etc

Flat rides have always been a weak spot for UOR. My hope is that HTTYD finally changes that.

Apparently yes.

The lobby of Peach's Castle is rumored to be themed like it appears in Mario64 and Galaxy, so, that's pretty cool actually. There really can't be much to do inside of it though, as it would block traffic passing into the land.
That’s why you’d put side entrances and/or a second level for the extra stuff ;)
Sounds like perfect music for a flat ride/spinner.

Alien Saucers/Mater's are certainly not must-rides, but they are significantly more fun than teacups/dumbo/Stormforce/Twirl/etc

Flat rides have always been a weak spot for UOR. My hope is that HTTYD finally changes that.
Idk the beginning makes me think of getting to the top of a lift and then going down a drop.

Let's hope they don't follow Disney or we might be paying $200 for a 'Gold Coin experience' ;)

Okay, to play Disney's advocate, at least your getting a high-quality, cool lightsaber alongside the experience. Better then just buying it in a gift shop to save what? 20, 30 bucks? They should have made it free to watch like Ollivanders, however.

Alicia, not trying to be too forward so if you can't answer I fully understand. From what you know about all the SNW attractions, which one are you most anticipated for?

Mario Kart, hands down.
Okay word thats what I was hoping haha. They all look really cool especially DK and Mario Kart. Gah I'm so excited. Little worried I'm over hyping myself but also anything we have seen from Universal on this looks A+ so idk this looks to be exactly what I hoped for a Nintendo land.

I'll be at USJ for a couple of days in early June this summer. I was really hoping to be there a few weeks after this opens, but from the recent construction photos I've seen, they really have a lot of work left to do.

Does anyone know if they are on schedule or have they hit some snags?

I'll be at USJ for a couple of days in early June this summer. I was really hoping to be there a few weeks after this opens, but from the recent construction photos I've seen, they really have a lot of work left to do.

Does anyone know if they are on schedule or have they hit some snags?

The park themselves have said this will open sometime between Feb and April so even if they run late you will be fine.

You'll likely be fine. Scaffolding makes everything look worse than it is. Also, the rides are the more important thing here. Id presume all focus is put into building Mario Kart, Yoshi, so they can then work out those kinks and get the ride up and running, then build the exterior. But frankly I have no insight on theme park construction so I truly do not know but this is my guess. Id like to think testing on Mario Kart is being done as we speak :)

The park themselves have said this will open sometime between Feb and April so even if they run late you will be fine.

Oh I haven't seen that posted anywhere. All I've seen is "Spring 2020" and I know that runs until the end of June, but knowing that Feb-April could be the time frame does make me feel more optimistic. Thanks!