Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

I feel like a park closure announcement will be made in the coming weeks.
Depends on how things go in Japan. For the record both Disney and USJ closed for several months back in the spring when the infection situation was much less severe than it is now, and at least at the moment it seems like there's no plans for either to close again. Tokyo area has already been under state of emergency for a week and Disney has remained open this time (although with even more limited capacity and suspended ticket sales).

There's actually some limited data to suggest that the state of emergency might be curving the surge already, but it's only a couple days worth of data so need to wait and see.

Last edited:
Another take/look at DK Coaster to distract us. This area seems like it might be even more congested than the rest of SNW as it's only 1 level? Still really wanted to see a real life Donkey Kong area though, I hope like hell they find a way to bring this to USH.

Ohhhhhhh HELL YES to the first show scene being us being shot thru a barrel

Universal is always great with creating high capacity rides, this doesn't look like one unfortunately.
I hope Epic Universe gets an expanded version of this ride.
I'm guessing just about every straight section before a drop is a block section

And then of course there would be several in the load area and perhaps a rolling block to keep things moving

Definitely not Hagrids level throughput though lol

Universal is always great with creating high capacity rides, this doesn't look like one unfortunately.
I hope Epic Universe gets an expanded version of this ride.
I stand by my theory that Nintendo and Universal went all in on MK queue space because they know evrry single person entering that land will absolutely go on that attraction, where the others are likely not a 95-100% ride rate, if that’s a thing lol. Capacity does look low. I’m really interested to see this land in full practice one day. Still all feels really tight

Another take/look at DK Coaster to distract us. This area seems like it might be even more congested than the rest of SNW as it's only 1 level? Still really wanted to see a real life Donkey Kong area though, I hope like hell they find a way to bring this to USH.

I think I would create a larger area around the shop/stage with more viewing spots surrounding the water section of the coaster. And, in the future, add a connecting path from DK to whatever is to the right of it in 2037.

For sure right before Nintendoland I will be getting the 500 dollar AP with one Front of the line pass to each ride...for MK alone it will be worth it

I'm guessing just about every straight section before a drop is a block section

And then of course there would be several in the load area and perhaps a rolling block to keep things moving

Definitely not Hagrids level throughput though lol
Who says this isn't going to be a powered coaster though? Its not like the mine carts in Donkey Kong have real physics. I expect this to be basically a darkride with faster sections instead of an actual coaster.

USJ says guests are allowed to share images starting feb 4th, but they prefer that they don’t.

* The opening of the new area "Super Nintendo World", which was scheduled to open on February 4, will be postponed after the "emergency declaration" is lifted. The grand opening date will be announced again after the "state of emergency" is lifted in Osaka Prefecture. For all guests who are looking forward to the official opening, please refrain from posting on SNS etc. until the opening as much as possible. However, we will not request deletion or deny postings after February 4th (added a note at 13:30 on January 18th, 2021).

USJ says guests are allowed to share images starting feb 4th, but they prefer that they don’t.

* The opening of the new area "Super Nintendo World", which was scheduled to open on February 4, will be postponed after the "emergency declaration" is lifted. The grand opening date will be announced again after the "state of emergency" is lifted in Osaka Prefecture. For all guests who are looking forward to the official opening, please refrain from posting on SNS etc. until the opening as much as possible. However, we will not request deletion or deny postings after February 4th (added a note at 13:30 on January 18th, 2021).

We won't be mad...just disappointed

I guess they won't be taking them down anymore?