Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

They probably didn't want the POVS up yet because it makes the AR look god awful and the non AR version isn't how the ride is intended to be ridden. Though, I think it's Nintendo who cares and not Universal. Nintendo can be extremely particular.

Universal would be better off to do their own professional videos when the attractions soft, instead of having inferior POV's pop up all over the internet. It's just impossible to keep
amateur POV's off completely. Just playing whack a mole.
It's best to just clamp down on it with bots and let everyone experience it in person

Even if they did pro videos people would still complain about it being slow

Dear god, the suspense of how this is going to be received here (with how far away that's going to be, MAYBE in Hollywood in a couple years) is killing me!

Dear god, the suspense of how this is going to be received here (with how far away that's going to be, MAYBE in Hollywood in a couple years) is killing me!
I mean it will be here within a year in the States and think it will be loved....sure someone on the internet will clam its "meh" but think its going to come out at a great time. The Switch 2 will hopefully be announced, the Mario movie trailer will be out and people will be more than ready to do something new and fun because of the year and a half of Covid shutting things down.

I would not be surprised if it gives USH a bigger boost than Potter did, because everyone I talk to about this is excited. They think the Mario Kart ride seems fun and when they see pictures are like "how is this real" in the best kinda way. Think I'll have a few different trips next year going with Family, different groups of friends and co workers that will want to see this new land.

And if the land is as big as I think it will be...then think USH will get funding more more lands/rides quicker than it should after Covid but for sure if the land just does good and draws in not many more people then we will see cuts for years but honestly I have great faith in the Nintendo brand which has had switches sold out for the last year and Animal crossing on switch in its top ten selling games EVER. Nintendo is a hot brand right now.

I mean it will be here within a year in the States and think it will be loved....sure someone on the internet will clam its "meh" but think its going to come out at a great time. The Switch 2 will hopefully be announced, the Mario movie trailer will be out and people will be more than ready to do something new and fun because of the year and a half of Covid shutting things down.

I would not be surprised if it gives USH a bigger boost than Potter did, because everyone I talk to about this is excited. They think the Mario Kart ride seems fun and when they see pictures are like "how is this real" in the best kinda way. Think I'll have a few different trips next year going with Family, different groups of friends and co workers that will want to see this new land.

And if the land is as big as I think it will be...then think USH will get funding more more lands/rides quicker than it should after Covid but for sure if the land just does good and draws in not many more people then we will see cuts for years but honestly I have great faith in the Nintendo brand which has had switches sold out for the last year and Animal crossing on switch in its top ten selling games EVER. Nintendo is a hot brand right now.

The Pixie Dusters will claim "meh" and "just another screen ride". Then, there will be groups of "It's not a coaster" versus the "How can you not like Nintendo???". Personally, I fully believe that it will have long lines and staying power in terms of popularity. Plus, I cannot wait until I can ride it myself.

The Pixie Dusters will claim "meh" and "just another screen ride". Then, there will be groups of "It's not a coaster" versus the "How can you not like Nintendo???". Personally, I fully believe that it will have long lines and staying power in terms of popularity. Plus, I cannot wait until I can ride it myself.
Those people will probably never go anyway

I just can't see it bringing the crowds it might have either in USJ or USH. Not beause of popularity/success, but lots of people are going to stay away from large crowds for some time IMO.

I do think it might give USH more of a bump than potter did due to it being the first SNW in the US, just not as big as it could have been.

I just can't see it bringing the crowds it might have either in USJ or USH. Not beause of popularity/success, but lots of people are going to stay away from large crowds for some time IMO.

I do think it might give USH more of a bump than potter did due to it being the first SNW in the US, just not as big as it could have been.
Can't speak for Japan but I just have a hunch many local attractions in CA will do very well post summer when things can open up.

From everyone I talk to co workers, family from different states, friends etc people are ready to do things. I think the only questions are
1) how bad off are some Americans once they have to pay off all due rent/no more checks from the government
2) While CA government get in the way of opening USH even if transmission rates are low by the summer

But assuming both of the above go in a more positive way, i see USH having a very good 2022 after Nintendoland opens. I'm sure they will run some promotes to get more APs and with Disneyland out of the picture for AP's for what I assume is until late 2022 or later, I think USH will see a healthy influx of people wanting to come to the park.

Its speculation but...if I could bet on the success I'd wager a lot of money on it doing well. Once again Nintendo is a loved IP and its fun, people want colorful fun and to make memories with there kids with things they grew up with. Its why many of us love Star Wars because our parents loved it and pasted on those good feelings. Nintendo has many 30-40 year old fans with families and combine this with getting to also go back into Potterland and ride the Tram again think USH will do better than expected unless the government really screws up post Covid.