Super Silly Fun Land - Water Feature | Inside Universal Forums

Super Silly Fun Land - Water Feature

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 27, 2014
Was at the park over the weekend and saw the Water Playground at super silly fun land was closed (as its out of season) but I was surprised that the sign said "under refurbishment" and when peaking through the hedge covering you can see scissor lifts and equipment in there.  Is this just cleaning/paint/upkeep or are they making some changes?

Hi darkpenguin, welcome to the forums!

It's only been a few months, but the wet playground hasn't aged gracefully since then and I'd imagine they're looking to refresh the area before the holiday crowds. Some of the platforms have developed some dark patches and they've had some substantial staining on the flooring surrounding the land.

A bit of speculation: could Universal be doing something special for Grinchmas? One can always hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
I would really REALLY hope that they add some holiday/Grinchmas festivities inside SSFL. And since it has the drainage already, maybe we'll see a snow play area return to THIS location? The entire Despicable Me area has a vast amount of potential for a Holiday Makeover, so I hope this happens!!!

Reactions: Aaron
Part of me believes that they'd be advertising a snow area if they were indeed planning to construct one in lieu of Universal Plaza.

And since it has the drainage already, maybe we'll see a snow play area return to THIS location?
You're on to something.

It really would make sense, especially since the former Curious George and Nickelodeon area used to house some activities for the event.

Part of me believes that they'd be advertising a snow area if they were indeed planning to construct one in lieu of Universal Plaza.
Good point.

We'll see, but I think it has to do with the holidays. I have a hard time believing that it's a real refurbishment. Yeah, esthetically SSFL hasn't held up, but structurally I'm sure it's fine. I think the different equipment over the wall is in preparation for the holidays. At least I hope so.

It would also be super smart to spread the holiday fun over two different areas of the Upper Lot and not just keep it in Universal Plaza. Having Holiday stuff in SSFL and Universal Plaza would help spread out the crowds, especially with the current construction nightmares.