Super Smash Bros | Inside Universal Forums

Super Smash Bros

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
I am shocked and appalled this isn't a thread on the gaming channel. Do we have no smash players on this forum? With the new game coming out winter we gotta talk some smash. I'll start out with my personal preferences
Favorite game- brawl
Favorite character- yoshi and DK
Favorite stage- Delfino plaza
Favorite item- golden hammer
Share yours!!! We could get a OU league started on the wii U :boxing:

There is a smash u coming out?
My daughter is getting a U for her birthday (1st of june), will be our first console and she has no idea she is getting one lol.
She loves Zelda games, I have a PC on which I have emulators, great fun :)

I'm not excited for Smash U because it looks exactly like brawl. You would think it would be prettier with HD. Also, they are taking away adventure mode.

yeah smash U is a thing along with a 3DS version and it looks pretty damn good. I think it looks way better than brawl and the character roster looks like fun and the stages look amazing. Marty check this out, your opinion might change [video=youtube;7xUWnQu2Grs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs[/video]

I'm not excited for Smash U because it looks exactly like brawl. You would think it would be prettier with HD. Also, they are taking away adventure mode.

Sakurai said there would be no Subspace Emissary. I'm sure there will be some type of adventure mode in there.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a smash u coming out?
My daughter is getting a U for her birthday (1st of june), will be our first console and she has no idea she is getting one lol.
She loves Zelda games, I have a PC on which I have emulators, great fun :)

You should get her the Windwaker HD bundle
14014175014_9e0ed7fd1b_o.jpg

You should get her the Windwaker HD bundle
14014175014_9e0ed7fd1b_o.jpg
Yeah you should, I need to get that myself one of my fsvorite games. But yeah hopefully the adventure mode is good, I liked sunspace emmissary to a extent but I got really dull after a while. That and getting the trophies for the enemies and bosses were a pain in the ass, based all on luck

That is the plan :)

I can't express in words how beautiful WindWaker HD is. Amazing visuals, your Daughter is going to love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you should, I need to get that myself one of my fsvorite games. But yeah hopefully the adventure mode is good, I liked sunspace emmissary to a extent but I got really dull after a while. That and getting the trophies for the enemies and bosses were a pain in the ass, based all on luck
Yea which is why I think they removed it. More complaints than anything, and people only wanted the cutscenes. I'm sure the Adventure mode will be great given the Wii U is taking more development time.

Good luck anhilnation on the present hopefully it'll strike home run, good game to play with kids as you both figure out puzzles together, tons of bonding. But anyways totally, hopefully this new adventure mode has some cutscenes but isn't like the melee adventure mode where it's the same thing everytime. Want something you can play once, has bosses and is a way to unlock characters

She loves playing Ocarina of Time on the N64, and lately I have been into playing the original Legend of Zelda on the NES.

I recently replayed the Zelda on the NES and Oceania of time and both weren't as amazing as I remembered them being. Wind waker is the only one I can really play and say that was spectacular from beginning to end. Whatever I though I have insanely weird taste (my favorite game of all time is Luigi's mansion) so who am I to judge?

Where are the ice climbers?!?!

I don't know, I think they are being replaced with rosalina and luma who's combat looks interesting. That's gonna make a ton of my buddies who play ice climbers insanely angry. When you are good at ice climbers and have perfect balence between both of them you are just a unstoppable beast

I'm just excited to use one of my favorite video game characters, Mega Man X! But Smash Bros has been one of my favorite series' so I can't wait to get my hands on this

I'm just excited to use one of my favorite video game characters, Mega Man X! But Smash Bros has been one of my favorite series' so I can't wait to get my hands on this

I don't think he's a character just a part of the final smash, but yeah love X. Since namco is developing it I'm sure the final character they announce will be a complete mindblower. My bets are on pacman

I don't know, I think they are being replaced with rosalina and luma who's combat looks interesting. That's gonna make a ton of my buddies who play ice climbers insanely angry. When you are good at ice climbers and have perfect balence between both of them you are just a unstoppable beast

Rosalina and Luma don't seem that much like the Ice Climbers IMO. Plus, it's very unlikely we'll see that many cuts (3 to 5). Ivysaur and Squirtle are pretty much locked for cuts. Ike as well since Chrom is looking to replace him. One of the Star Fox characters is gonna leave (hopefully Falco), with a strong possibility of no Snake (40% chance)

Ice Climbers represent the retro sector of Nintendo so I doubt we'll see them go since they could easily be differentiated from Rosalina and Luma if Sakurai wanted to

Rosalina and Luma don't seem that much like the Ice Climbers IMO. Plus, it's very unlikely we'll see that many cuts (3 to 5). Ivysaur and Squirtle are pretty much locked for cuts. Ike as well since Chrom is looking to replace him. One of the Star Fox characters is gonna leave (hopefully Falco), with a strong possibility of no Snake (40% chance)

Ice Climbers represent the retro sector of Nintendo so I doubt we'll see them go since they could easily be differentiated from Rosalina and Luma if Sakurai wanted to

they said they wont add or decrease the number of characters on the roster basically meaning there will be 35 characters. They have to make a ton of cuts to add newcomers. I think wolf will leave because falco has been a giant main and competitive player for tons and snake probably won't be returning due to some licensing thing with sony. He probably wouldve been in the first trailer like sonic if he was. Ice climbers are vastly different from rosalina because she plays kinda like pokemon trainer being able to switch from her to luma. You never know and you are probably right ice climbers will return

13896187377_9073b9efd5_b.jpg

For anyone out of the loop this is the "leak" for the Roster that happened last week.

Probably fake but that's a good roster. I feel like I'm the only one in the smash community that wants more new characters instead of old

I'm fine with returning characters as long as we have a good amount of Newcomers.