T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We could see a Bond attraction in the new park.
Right, means that Universal actually has some skin in the Bond IP. Problem is, this is for just one movie due out next year. Would that be enough time for them to revise all the work they've done on what we assume is Bourne and write out a theme park deal for Eon?

Well, that’s just lazy writing.
269.gif

Interesting, wondering how this unfolds for the film. But in any case, makes me wonder about that determination once again..

Right, means that Universal actually has some skin in the Bond IP. Problem is, this is for just one movie due out next year. Would that be enough time for them to revise all the work they've done on what we assume is Bourne and write out a theme park deal for Eon?
The Bond rumor has been around for awhile so that means Universal has had some time to think about it. They still have time to finish any deal and make plans if they really want to.

If Universal decided to wait on Bond for a new park it could mean that they wanted to do much more with it than just a stunt show. Just imagine all the Easter eggs you could put in such an attraction.

The Bond rumor has been around for awhile so that means Universal has had some time to think about it. They still have time to finish any deal and make plans if they really want to.

If Universal decided to wait on Bond for a new park it could mean that they wanted to do much more with it than just a stunt show. Just imagine all the Easter eggs you could put in such an attraction.
Now there's an idea. Replace T2 with Bourne and then go, "if you want the real super-spy, come to the third gate!"

Universal wanted to move into new franchises and they wanted to cash in on the Simpsons, which is still ongoing as of today. BTTF, as popular as it is, was getting outdated by the mid-2000s and 2015 was approaching near so it made things a bit awkward for Universal if we continue to ride it past 2015. Also, look at the BTTF queue videos for example, you can clearly see in the age of HD TV and the early years of streaming service, how they looked like they were shot in the 1980s.

Unlike Disney, Universal attractions are based on IPs that were and are clearly connected with the general, modern audience rather than children/fantasy rides and touch Disney has. So Universal has to adapt and survive in order to keep the crowds coming in and bringing in more money.

Nostalgia, man! NOSTALGIA! :lol:

(You’re totally right, though. Ignore my bitterness towards BTTF being removed :) )

I remember frequent surveys about Back to the Future in its latter days. Surveys were done both outside of the ride and at the exit to the park. The questions went in depth on how you felt about the ride and the overall experience.

Between what I overheard and had others tell me who took the survey the responses were generally the ride was old and worn out and was a very very rough ride. The ride was so rough I rarely rode it.

It either needed a major refurbishment or replacement. I don't mind seeing is gone. If we want new rides Universal has to let go of some of the old ones.

I remember frequent surveys about Back to the Future and its latter days. Surveys were done both outside of the rides and at the exit to the park. The questions went in depth on how you felt about the ride in the overall experience.

Between what I overheard and had others tell me who took the survey the responses were generally the ride was old and worn out and was a very very rough ride. The ride was so rough I'm rarely rode it.

It either needed a major refurbishment or replacement. I don't mind seeing is gone. If we want new rides Universal has to let go of some of the old ones.
Honestly, most days Simpsons seems just as rough and run-down to me. That ride system is at the end of its shelf-life if you ask me.