Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Nothing I like better while eating terrible theme park Chinese Food than watching clips of Jaws in French on non-HD tube televisions.
Thank (higher power) for Springfield and the Chicken Waffle Sandwich.
I suppose it's time to reveal my sources have claimed that a JAWS themed stage show will be here, instead of Bourne
...word? How would one do that?

If this is supposed to open before the HP coaster shouldnt we be getting an announcement sometime soon or am I wrong?
After HHN is done announcing would be my guess. Around the 1 year mark since T2 closed.

At least they announced a new show is actually coming here next year. Kong was entirely built before they even acknowledged its existence with an announcement.

Also, actual construction inside the theater is only beginning now. (It’s not like Disney’s cancelled main st theater, this thing is still actually happening.)

After the F&F fiasco they may be looking to adjust what the show will entail so it doesn't repeat any of the issues that F&F presents. Bourne is an action/adventure genre IP that needs to look as far apart from a F&F concept as possible....Probably would have been best to go with a different genre IP, but it's probably too late in the planning stages to do that.

After the F&F fiasco they may be looking to adjust what the show will entail so it doesn't repeat any of the issues that F&F presents. Bourne is an action/adventure genre IP that needs to look as far apart from a F&F concept as possible....Probably would have been best to go with a different genre IP, but it's probably too late in the planning stages to do that.
I do not believe any dramatic changes have been made, only that they have been writing and blocking the show off site until this month. Now they're ready to start modifying the theater to fit the new show's specs.

All I know is, no 3D this time is great, but it didn't help F&F... I think what will, is that this one should (hopefully) be more live action, and less screen. (Kind of like the inverse of the T2 show, which was mostly screen with some live action.)

Why shut down T2 so early if they are just starting work on this now?
The screen was in really really really bad shape. And complaints about the 3D being blurry were becoming numerous. With the way the screen opens up for the characters and motorcycle it was far too costly to replace just to turn around and tear it all down next year anyway.

That, and to allow them time to gut areas of the theater. Even though new construction is just now beginning, they were removing themed elements for months.

TBH they just wanted to turn a quick buck in the prop shop.........
That's probably true... Since then I think they've also ripped out the pedestals the robots come out of, the fake walls that hide the side screens, 3D glasses bins, and more that won't be needed for the new show.

The screen was in really really really bad shape. And complaints about the 3D being blurry were becoming numerous. With the way the screen opens up for the characters and motorcycle it was far too costly to replace just to turn around and tear it all down next year anyway.

That, and to allow them time to gut areas of the theater. Even though new construction is just now beginning, they were removing themed elements for months.

I mean they gotta install the Greek resort facade for “Mama Mia: Armed and Dangerous”.

Interesting, so it was actually the screen and not the projectors causing the blurriness, if I'm reading that right?

I mean they gotta install the Greek resort facade for “Mama Mia: Armed and Dangerous”.

An "all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise." It's all starting to make sense.

cher-mamma-mia-1524752519-1524752522.gif