Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Interesting, so it was actually the screen and not the projectors causing the blurriness, if I'm reading that right?
As far as I have heard, yes. The screen moved up several feet to reveal doors cut into the screen for actors to pass through. Then it would lower back down. Like a car window going up and down it started to get streaks and smears on it...

Usually when a movie screen is bad, you just replace it, but I guess because of the unique nature of this one, it was deemed not worth the cost. If they were gonna get another decade out of it, maybe worth replacing, but alas, it was not meant to be.

They really need this to surprise in a good way. What's that old saying "3 strikes and your out?"

Thankfully this is amusement parks and not baseball. If so Disney would have struck out in the early 2000s while MCA/UOR was hitting it out of the park.

Ehhhh. Everything will be forgotten once Potter coaster opens.

Time heals all wounds. I expect Fallon will be remembered more fondly once it's removed than when it debuted.

Coming up on a year that this was closed, and I really can’t fathom why this space isn’t being used for a new dark ride (SLOP?) or simulator. Really, when you enter the park and turn right, there should be a big ride that opens in the morning and keeps energy up in the area all day, instead of a show with a handful of showtimes (which you also have, with Horror Make-up and Animal Actors).

They could have even done the dual-theater DM:MM that Hollywood has in their former T2, opening up the current DM building for more shops/dining, or anything else you could cram in there. Or even just a larger-theater version of Minion Mayhem. Not that you want to get in the habit of moving rides, but that would be a exception, based on wait times and popularity (not to mention, there’s a much larger retail space at the end).

Coming up on a year that this was closed, and I really can’t fathom why this space isn’t being used for a new dark ride (SLOP?) or simulator. Really, when you enter the park and turn right, there should be a big ride that opens in the morning and keeps energy up in the area all day, instead of a show with a handful of showtimes (which you also have, with Horror Make-up and Animal Actors).

They could have even done the dual-theater DM:MM that Hollywood has in their former T2, opening up the current DM building for more shops/dining, or anything else you could cram in there. Or even just a larger-theater version of Minion Mayhem. Not that you want to get in the habit of moving rides, but that would be a exception, based on wait times and popularity (not to mention, there’s a much larger retail space at the end).

I think what they're trying to do with this new show is give UO its own "WaterWorld".. aka an awesome show that hopefully over time will become iconic and people will love it.

We shall see though.

A Mionions and SLoP dark dark would be awesome...New park may have that though

I think what they're trying to do with this new show is give UO its own "WaterWorld".. aka an awesome show that hopefully over time will become iconic and people will love it.

We shall see though.

The problem is there is no way this show can be on the same scale as Waterworld or Indiana Jones. Its hampered by the existing space and being completely indoors. Has there ever been a live-action stunt show entirely indoors at any of the major theme parks before? I'm wracking my brain and everything indoors is either a 4D film, a family show or a musical. The T2 theater is built like a standard proscenium auditorium which I can't picture being turned into a proper show-stopping action show.

Ehhhh. Everything will be forgotten once Potter coaster opens.

But Potter is opening in Islands of Adventure. I know it's all one resort but the parks themselves should stand on their own and new Potter opening at what is already the stronger park furthers the imbalance. On top of that, 2020's major addition is also going to IOA while the Kidzone replacement is nowhere in sight so USF's "newest headliner" will remain the abomination that is F&F for the foreseeable future. Maybe they will put the Shrek replacement on the fast track but I haven't heard a peep about a USF E-ticket opening alongside Jurassic in 2020. It's looking like Summer 2021 is the earliest we'll get something big at the Studios unless someone has heard something different?

Last edited:
The problem is there is no way this show can be on the same scale as Waterworld or Indiana Jones. Its hampered by the existing space and being completely indoors. Has there ever been a live-action stunt show entirely indoors at any of the major theme parks before? I'm wracking my brain and everything indoors is either a 4D film, a family show or a musical. The T2 theater is built like a standard proscenium auditorium which I can't picture being turned into a proper show-stopping action show.

The problem is Potter is opening in Islands of Adventure. I know it's all one resort but the parks themselves should stand on their own and new Potter opening at what is already the stronger park furthers the imbalance. On top of that, 2020's major addition is also going to IOA while the Kidzone replacement is nowhere in sight so USF's "newest headliner" will remain the abomination that is F&F for the foreseeable future. Maybe they will put the Shrek replacement on the fast track but I haven't heard a peep about a USF E-ticket opening alongside Jurassic in 2020. It's looking like Summer 2021 is the earliest we'll get something big at the Studios unless someone has heard something different?
Who says Kidzone and JP Coaster can't open side by side

Who says Kidzone and JP Coaster can't open side by side
I mean they CAN but I never considered that at all a possibility given what we know. Insiders have said they would be opening one major attraction and one minor attraction each year leading up to the third park. I guess the JP coaster could be considered "minor" since its rumored to be minimally themed but I doubt that.

If Kidzone replacement were actually to open in 2020 they would have to begin building pretty soon unless they just go with a collection of flat rides in which case THAT would be the minor addition.