Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

I heard a couple interesting rumors this week and then a ran into this photo and thought it was interesting.

DunSS8MVAAAhnyV.jpg:large
I feel Universal would have a modified version of this if they ever went for it

Who knows, I'm not getting my hopes up as it has been rumored those expansions are for backstage areas

I heard a couple interesting rumors this week and then a ran into this photo and thought it was interesting.

DunSS8MVAAAhnyV.jpg:large

That image is from a show reel of the motion theater concept by Dynamic Attractions. It was one of the earliest things we speculated in this thread actually, but doesn't seem to be the way they went with this project... Funny that the left and right flanks in that image are kind of reminiscent of the building expansions though lol.

I had thought early on that they may use the Dynamic Attraction's theater, but that would make it a ride and would be under Universal Creative. From what I understand, this is a Universal Entertainment project.

I had thought early on that they may use the Dynamic Attraction's theater, but that would make it a ride and would be under Universal Creative. From what I understand, this is a Universal Entertainment project.
Yeah, the ride system is not what I found interesting. There are several show elements in that photo that line up with rumors I heard.

Still surprised that this didn’t become a Sing on Tour attraction(like the one announced in Japan). Maybe Universal felt that they needed to balance the park with more adult IP attractions? Since the entrance of the park has DM and Shrek. Idk I’m just thinking out loud at this point.

Still surprised that this didn’t become a Sing on Tour attraction(like the one announced in Japan). Maybe Universal felt that they needed to balance the park with more adult IP attractions? Since the entrance of the park has DM and Shrek. Idk I’m just thinking out loud at this point.
It already was an "adult IP Attraction" before when it was Terminator. I think they simply wanted to do another stunt show.

I agree with Nick - they probably just wanted to freshen up the IP, and otherwise leave the more "adult" feel to it.

Hmm, well that then makes me wonder of what @RollermanDan said via the latest update video from him.

That’s just not something I’ve heard. And I’ve heard about the side and back expansions we’re seeing here. You’d think I woulda caught wind of news for a rotating theater installation. But, I guess you never know with USF and planning stages nowadays lol.

I agree with Nick - they probably just wanted to freshen up the IP, and otherwise leave the more "adult" feel to it.
I still don’t understand why they wanted to change to change the I.P. because there’s a new Terminator movie coming out in late 2019
From making two of the worst rides I’ve been on, and closing Terminator, and penny-pinching lockers, Universal has been making some poor decisions lately.

I still don’t understand why they wanted to change to change the I.P. because there’s a new Terminator movie coming out in late 2019
From making two of the worst rides I’ve been on, and closing Terminator, and penny-pinching lockers, Universal has been making some poor decisions lately.
They tried that with Genisys. They gave up on waiting for more Terminator movies to make the attraction relevant. And as I have been saying lately, they want to focus more on their own franchises lately.