T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal park Guests have a different opinion on Fallon & Kong. They're both among the highest GSAT scores, and they both get heavy ridership. So, in Universal's eyes, they're quite successful.,...and, as Tobias states, this show will fall under the Entertainment group, which has a pretty decent track record as of late.
Chances are you will be, considering the division's track record you're focused on is NOT making this show. You keep bringing up Kong, Fallon and F&F...but all of those were done by Universal Creative.

Meanwhile the division that's doing this show is Universal Entertainment, who's projects include the Grinchmas shows, the Holiday Parade and CineCele which have all been very well received. That's the track record you have to be focused on, since the group you're worried about isn't heading it.
Fair enough. I guess my main gripe is the IP of choice. I have never seen the Bourne films. And I have zero interest in watching them. Let’s see how this pans out. This could end up being there first misfire in a while.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Fair enough. I guess my maine gripe is the IP of choice. I have never seen the Bourne films. And I have zero interest in watching them. Let’s see how this pans out. This could end up being there first misfire in a while.
Like you, I have no real interest in Bourne. Supposedly they tried to get Bond rights, but that didn't materialize. End game though, is how they put the show together means more than the IP itself. Action stuff isn't all that different from one another when you translate it into a show. I've been really impressed by the shows we talked about above, so I'm optimistic this entertainment team has what it takes to put a fun entertaining show out there. Will it be as good as Terminator before the effects quit working well? That's kind of the question since Terminator was really great in it's heyday. It will be tough to top it. If they even come close, I'll be happy.

Soo... from Bill to TM's, nothing of T2's replacement was mentioned.

DwUdmRZU0AAztDB.jpg

That's weird. Although, it is probably the smallest of their developments right now, so I can see how it might have just been forgotten.

I would imagine this wouldn't be the smallest. In-fact, it isn't the smallest; especially considering Emeril's and Boulangerie's replacements.

The fact that there is no mention of this project, at all; speaks volumes.

I may have read that letter, read 'Harry Potter', and promptly forgot the rest of the list. :doh:

In that regards, yes, it is not the smallest. If the restaurants were taken out (although Emeril's replacement would probably be a bigger deal), then it would be. I wonder if there's some issues behind the scenes that would push it further back.

Reactions: tankart150
My wonder, is if Creative decided to look at this project, and thought to work alongside Entertainment to plus it.

It wouldn't be the first time that the two worked together if I'm not mistaken, as Supercharged in Hollywood as far as I thought; was a mix between the two parties.

Who knows, maybe they've changed their mind on the T-2 IP replacement & decided to go in another direction. Perhaps they're thinking Bourne is too similar to F&F. Just guessing at this point in time., but T2 replacement is looking to be further in the future than originally planned.

Or they're leery to hype it up as much as F&F was. Half of the issue with F&F was how much it was lauded as the next big thing...and then fell flat.

The omission could just be that they wanted mention multiple different areas of the resort (food, hotels, attractions), but I suspect that this has been pushed to 2020 so as to not leave a gap with the JP coaster moving back to 2021.

Reactions: truejonas
Who knows, maybe they've changed their mind on the T-2 IP replacement & decided to go in another direction. Perhaps they're thinking Bourne is too similar to F&F. Just guessing at this point in time., but T2 replacement is looking to be further in the future than originally planned.
Do you stilk think itll open this yr?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Perhaps Bourne, combined with the potentially spinning theater and the use of screens, caused Universal to worry because of F&F. And in doing so, Creative and Entertainment will work together on a more practical show than the prior iteration.

Combine that with keeping to the yearly quota of a major attraction, and I wouldn't fault Universal for wanting to push it back.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Perhaps Bourne, combined with the potentially spinning theater and the use of screens, caused Universal to worry because of F&F. And in doing so, Creative and Entertainment will work together on a more practical show than the prior iteration.
It was always more practical. The original plans permitted with the city do not have a moving theater. The current construction matches the plans exactly so far...

But sure, yea, they could take their time and open this next year to help spread out attraction openings like F&F. I suppose that's possible. Not anything I've heard yet, but anything's possible.

It was always more practical. The original plans permitted with the city do not have a moving theater. The current construction matches the plans exactly so far...

But sure, yea, they could take their time and open this next year to help spread out attraction openings like F&F. I suppose that's possible. Not anything I've heard yet, but anything's possible.

Where did the moving theater rumor start anyway?