T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm haven't seen any hate, just indifference. Those are two separate things.

Personally, I'm fine with it and am hopeful it will be an improvement over T2. Increasing diversity of a park with a show is always a plus in my book.
Although I do enjoy the comedic element with how long it's taking.

Who?
Oh I openly hate the idea. I’ll see it and give it a shot but...

Honestly, I'd be game for a fresh musical-style show. I'm unfortunate/fortunate enough to have never seen Beetlejuice or the Spider-Man show, but Blues Brothers are a gift.
Me too,especially adult oriented .......and .......as long as it's not that Sing show, for 'widdle' kids they're opening up in Japan.

Reactions: truejonas
Honestly, I'd be game for a fresh musical-style show. I'm unfortunate/fortunate enough to have never seen Beetlejuice or the Spider-Man show, but Blues Brothers are a gift.
There’s a fine line, for musicals especially, in developing accessible theme park shows. Story-based typically to be “kid friendly.” Even HMU is kid accessible. Writing those is extremely hard, though. Disney leans heavily into their IPs because it provides proven story beats. The longevity of shows that DON’T do that are typically far less. The one big exception (FotLK) relies on spectacle instead of story. Which is the other, more common, type show: the revue.

A simple revue, regardless of specific context, is timeless.

Universal has access to Spider-Man, a bad, original show with forgettable music, Spongebob, a fun, original show, with better music, and Wicked, a great show that is difficult to abridge. Revues are their best bet. They REALLY could use a “Barton Bellas: On Tour” show in the amphitheater during the day. Throw 12 women on stage, doing a 25-35 minute a cappella set every 90 minutes, and Universal could have their own Off-Kilter/Four 4 A Dollar-level fan-favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas and Clive
They must be installing some new set up for it to take this long. There would be no other reason for a stunt show to take this long.

Reactions: therock
They must be installing some new set up for it to take this long. There would be no other reason for a stunt show to take this long.
The reason could just be that they want to have something to open next year and they canceled everything else for USF in recent years and won't have Jurassic coaster done till 2021.

The reason could just be that they want to have something to open next year and they canceled everything else for USF in recent years and won't have Jurassic coaster done till 2021.

And it may not matter if they may be done with the stage either.

It could be a situation to where Universal is just wanting to make sure that 2020 isn't blank (even if they'd be fine with doing a blank year).

Then that’s a bad decision IMO. If it still ready open it and give people something to do. Don’t just hold off because you want to open something in 2020. That’s lazy.

And it may not matter if they may be done with the stage either.

It could be a situation to where Universal is just wanting to make sure that 2020 isn't blank (even if they'd be fine with doing a blank year).
Right. From what I've heard this week, things are bustin' a move inside. It's not like work isn't being done. If there's a delay, I bet it's a strategic one.