1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

T2:3D Remembrance & Rumored Replacements (Closed Oct 8th)

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Jwhee, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I think it’s odd that they seem to have the mind set of a six flags where they feel they have to spread out openings as if people aren’t going to come unless a Bourne Stunt show opens in 2020, which is absolutely laughable.

I just find it hilarious. Universal has come a long way, but going a year without something opening is fine sometimes. They don’t seem to see it like that though.

2. Moose84

Moose84 Rookie

Sadly I predicted this was happening months ago when I said the JP coaster was pushed to 2021 and Bourne to 2020.

I shared my frustrations about Universal Orlando’s future and that blowing off projects and neglecting USF and IoA in favor of fantastic worlds was not expansion but merely a trade off. I was then lambasted and told to just be grateful for the new park.

Seems now that some are starting to come around and see that I wasn’t just being a sour sap and there was some merit to my frustrations.

Still sad though but hey you have the endless summer resort, yay?, and big fire grill, wow?, and and today cafe, excitement?

Also USH will be the most attended US Universal park by 2022 with ease, JW: The Ride, SLOP, SNW, and rumors of another expansion already in planning, they are on a beautiful path.

Andysol, Ridgepole and AlexanderMBush like this.
  3. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Hollywood's at a very interesting window of a path; in part due to not only Disney's greed biting them in the arse (Eastern Gateway and the 5 Star Blunder), and in part to the path that Larry haphazardly put; Universal Hollywood has a very potential chance to do moves that puts them on a level to Disney's, in quality and quantity.

Of-course, that's going to matter on quality the most, and Jurassic and Pets will be those first two to watch, but I do think UOR is failing due to them being more nervous and unsure.

Being quiet has put things in a light for me in some ways, but I do find great excitement to what Karen, UC West, and everyone in the USH team has in store for the western property.

__

Now, back to Bourne.. ;)

Jamesh22, Andysol and Mad Dog like this.
  4. Ridgepole

Ridgepole Member

nailed it! Fall is iffy at this point. And that dead on quote was from last fall.

Andysol and Mad Dog like this.
  5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Thanks. You located one of my old posts on this....I may not end up right all the time, but at least my points stay consistent. :lol:

Surfster and Ridgepole like this.
  6. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

It’s even worse that they closed something and are then holding the replacement. Everyone knows it’s being replaced by something so keeping it another year from opening is just pointless.

therock and tankart150 like this.
  7. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

I’m just gonna say - I have not heard of any delay.

8. Nick

There's clearly no delay currently as things are very active in there. If there's going to be a delay, it's going to mean that they're gonna finish construction up on the set and basically just let it sit for however many months before saying "maybe we should think about opening this thing".

Problem with any extended delay like that is it messes with the cast. I know they've done stage blocking so that they know what the show will require on the stage, but I don't think that they've started actually casting for the show yet so it may not be an issue if there is truth here.

SukaVayne73 and Alicia like this.
  9. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

Bourne will launch around the same time as the show "Threadstone" drops on both Amazon and USA. "Threadstone" is the television version of Bourne in regards to the agency. Remember how big Universal kept saying tying and putting things together so they launch together. This is probably the start.

tankart150 likes this.
  10. Ryan

Ryan Staff Member Moderator

Sorry to derail the discussion slightly again but I do feel the need to say this: the direction that Universal is taking right now is perfectly fine except for one thing: Jurassic World the Ride. If they can double up and open both it and the coaster in 2021, that would be the crowner that will make the four-year-wait to Fantastic Worlds a breeze. Uni has been adding to USF consistently for the last seven years. Yes, Shrek could stand to get the boot but whatever. A big fancy new stunt show and a possible new parade is fine for the time being, IMO. There's bigger things afoot here.

11. Nick

Yeah, USF has gotten the majority of the additions the past decade.

tankart150, Andysol and Ryan like this.
  12. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    USF has received a great deal of attention, it's true. That doesn't at all mean, however, that the park is in good shape from an attractions lineup perspective.

I think leaving that lineup more or less unchanged for the next five-ish years would be a miscalculation on Universal's part. In my opinion, of course.

13. Ryan

Ryan Staff Member Moderator

How so?

14. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    With the caveat that I'm speaking purely from the perspective of my enjoyment of the park, I feel most of the additions of the last several years are quite weak, and demonstrate Creative leaning on particular crutches and going back to the same well too many times.

therock and Andysol like this.
  15. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

It starts with an S and ends with a Z.

You know this...

Get Shrek out of that damned park already and put SLoP down. Get off the flippin’ pot UOR!

SLoP, Bourne and JW retheme/JP coaster will be enough to tide them over to 2023. Hagrid’s is going to be badass and Volcano Bay was a massive boon to the park’s overall footing and atmosphere. UOR can stand on its own; unfortunately, the swath of Disney additions are going to cast a giant shadow over UOR the next 3 years if they don’t have something tangible to stay on the sideline instead of fading to the background.

IMO, SLoP (or another physical attraction at USF) is the make or break for not falling behind during this huge Disney push. They just need the tiniest little oomph before they mash the pedal down with park 3.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    therock, RFRees and belloq87 like this.
  16. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Regardless of personal opinion, the fact still remains that USF was heavily invested in the past few years. Obviously, they still have some work to do and do a bit of course correction - but that doesn't change the fact they spent a lot of money on this one park.

But also, let's keep in mind - this is a TPU report we're discussing. :lol:

Even IF this is the timeline. There's always a good chance they'll decide to add on to the agenda.

Ryan, tankart150, SukaVayne73 and 2 others like this.
  17. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Even the TPU article says there’s a chance Orlando gets SLoP and JW if they perform well in Hollywood. And, well, of course they will.

18. SpatulaShack

SpatulaShack Member

Good lord I hope this article is way off base. Also are they seriously considering having the "major" addition to the entire resort in 2022 be a parade?!!? Did I read that right or was I hallucinating? The park that received the biggest dud in theme park history in 2018 will be receiving no major additions for at least 5 years?

I'm so confused by management. I wonder how many millions were wasted on the countless "plans" that ended up getting cancelled at the last minute? By my count there have been 6-7 things that were incredibly close to moving forward for USF and every single one was cancelled at the 11th hour.

therock, belloq87 and Mad Dog like this.
  19. Jwhee

Jwhee Veteran Member

Not everything has to be a ride. Some of the highest GSAT scores in theme parks come from shows. The night parade, from what we’ve seen, is fantastic

20. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Looking at a broad base of Universal Theme Park quarterly reports, it's quite evident that revenue increase percentages have recently flattened. That may be something that's driving some of these decisions. If these numbers continue, I'd guess some Executives may have to start thinking about job security. Comcast can be a tough boss when numbers don't come in as strong as anticipated.

Quarterly .Theme Park Revenue...Growth

Q1-2019 ...... $1,276 Billion ..... -0.4%
    Q4 2018 ..... $1,573........ 3,5%
    Q3 2018 ..... $1,528 -1.45 (bad Japan weather contributing factor)
    Q2-2018 ..... $1,361..... 3.6%

Q1-2018 ..... $1,281 .... 14.5%
    Q4-2017 ..... $1,461 .... 8.7%
    Q3-2017 ..... $1,550 ..... 7.7%
    Q2-2017 ..... $1,314 ..... 15.6%
    Q1-2017...... $1,118 ..... 9.0%
    Q4-2016 ..... $1,344 .... 32.1 % (pro forma growth 13.2%)
    Q3-2016 ..... $1,440 .... 60.6 %(pro form growth 16.1 %)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    tankart150 and Andysol like this.