T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was in the Monsters shop a good number of times last week .(Great store, by the way). Never heard any construction sounds coming from the former Terminator area, when I was there.

Reactions: Disneyhead
John Wick as mindless action with great choreography.
Did you think it was going to be anything else? It’s even marketed as a mindless action movie with great choreography.

Plot for first John wick: don’t kill his dog. If that wasn’t your first indication...

That said, everyone shouldn't be worrying about the IP choice for this. Is it a little odd that they chose this franchise to anchor the show in this new world of theme park / film studio synergy? Absolutely. Will it affect the quality of the attraction? No. Splash Mountain and Waterworld clearly show an attraction's quality isn't linked to its IP. For that matter Fast & Furious also proves this.
This exactly. The IP debate is hilarious. As if stunt shows were ever made to sell merch. I hope everyone enjoys their Sinbads tank top and Water World hat.

They’re filler attractions. No more. No less.

The barometer should be- is this worth watching more than once? If that answer is yes, it’s an unmitigated success.

Reactions: JPRA513
The Bourne films have been doing lesser and lesser numbers with each release though and the Wick films, as people discover the franchise, are doing better and better. Wick also has spinoff films and a TV Series in the works (along with video games) and a sequel to the current film already announced.

Worldwide
John Wick 88 million
John Wick 2 171 million
John Wick 3 188 million currently

Bourne Identity (2002) 214 million
Bourne Supremacy (2004) 288 million
Bourne Ultimatum (2007) 442 millin
Bourne Legacy 276 million
Jason Bourne 415 million

This third installment may surpass the first film of Bourne, but money talks for Bourne. I can see John Wick reaching Bourne status worldwide really soon if not already there with this third film, but Universal would not have known how well this third film would have been received.

Did you think it was going to be anything else? It’s even marketed as a mindless action movie with great choreography.

Plot for first John wick: don’t kill his dog. If that wasn’t your first indication...

No, I did not expect anything else. It is just funny how it manages to still have high ratings when it is nothing else than a mindless action film. Something tells me critics may be a little bias with their genre critique.

Yes, you are totally right about the debate being ridiculous. I was just giving a viewpoint from one that dislikes both franchises. I still think this show can be great with any spy film IP. I was just showing how it made sense that they chose Bourne besides the fact that they own the IP.

Not sure if you've seen the movies, but i'd at least suggest watching this clip, probably up there as one of the most powerful moments in an action film in recent memory. It explains his true motive.

It was never about the dog or his car, it was what those things represented. For a character with his assassin past, it makes sense that he does what he does as the last few things that tied him to his wife and allowed him to grieve were taken away from him in that moment.

This exactly. The IP debate is hilarious. As if stunt shows were ever made to sell merch. I hope everyone enjoys their Sinbads tank top and Water World hat.

They’re filler attractions. No more. No less.

The barometer should be- is this worth watching more than once? If that answer is yes, it’s an unmitigated success.
I guess I brought this up so it's a bit my fault, but I did put a caveat to my post that I knew it was nitpicky to talk about IP for a stunt show. My only reason for doing so is because the Bourne franchise feels tired compared to other stunt franchises. It's not the ideal stunt IP i'd care for, but as you all are saying, IP really doesn't matter much.

I’m wondering if the rumored Bourne show will have 3D glasses or hopefully see a stunt show with our own eyes with some 4K projections and holograms maybe would be cool the rest with special effects maybe fire and smoke have Jason Bourne do the car chase if their is room.

I’m wondering if the rumored Bourne show will have 3D glasses or hopefully see a stunt show with our own eyes with some 4K projections and holograms maybe would be cool the rest with special effects maybe fire and smoke have Jason Bourne do the car chase if their is room.
I don’t think it will have 3D. That was one of the first things decided.

• In the Year of Darkness, 2017, the rulers of this theme park devised the ultimate plan. They would reshape the Future by changing the Past. The plan required something that felt no pity. No pain. No fear. Something unstoppable. They created the Fast & Furious: Supercharged.

This exactly. The IP debate is hilarious. As if stunt shows were ever made to sell merch. I hope everyone enjoys their Sinbads tank top and Water World hat..

I'll have you know that my Sinbad tank top is a wardrobe staple.

I would heavily wager that there will not be a new attraction using 3D ,in USF , for a very very long time. ;)

Agreed, 5D though... we all want that right?!

Finding it hard to get excited about a Bourne stunt show, and then I remind myself how much I love Waterworld for how damn fun it is and I go back into hope mode that Universal might come up with another great stunt show.

Reactions: tielo and Andysol
I just really hope they changed the set up around a lot. I know we’re not getting the dynamic attractions moving theater, but hoping something more complex than T2.

Reactions: therock
I'm really not counting on something as good as, or better, than T2. That's a pretty tough standard to measure up to. As long as it's entertaining, and they stay away from corny lines, I'll be happy with it. My expectations are relatively low though. If Universal thought that it was going to be stupendous it would have debuted already, and they wouldn't have dragged their feet. My feeling is that the first concept was too similar to a Fast & Furious feel type action show and they had to make major changes to distance them from that disaster.