T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fallon will have just as much overall maintenance (labor) because it’s, you know, an actual ride.

The only ongoing cost that Universal cut is the propane for the fire effects.

Twister had many moving parts compared to the projector and moving platform of Fallon. Maintenance schedule might be the same but there was a lot more balls to juggle with Twister to keep it working at an acceptable level. Not to mention that these parts become legacy parts that become more expensive to source unlike the off the shelf parts for Fallon.

Same goes for Disaster and F&F.

Same seems to be becoming an issue for MIB.

Add in the extra factor of aging rides weaning in popularity and the cost to keep a ride going vs how many people are riding and their lower capacity make them a sure fire way to get canned.

Twister had many moving parts compared to the projector and moving platform of Fallon. Maintenance schedule might be the same but there was a lot more balls to juggle with Twister to keep it working at an acceptable level. Not to mention that these parts become legacy parts that become more expensive to source unlike the off the shelf parts for Fallon.

Same goes for Disaster and F&F.

Same seems to be becoming an issue for MIB.

Add in the extra factor of aging rides weaning in popularity and the cost to keep a ride going vs how many people are riding and their lower capacity make them a sure fire way to get canned.

As long as they don't replace MiB with screenz--maybe Ghostbusters?--I can accept that.

Reactions: therock
When MIB goes, I don’t think a shooter will replace it.

What i’d Really love to see in USF is a water ride.

Ghostbusters would also be excellent.

Like I said, as long as it’s not a screenz ride, I’m good. But since every one of them besides F&F gets high GSATs, what incentive do they have not to replace Mummy, MIB, HMUS, and ET with screenz?

When MIB goes, I don’t think a shooter will replace it.

What i’d Really love to see in USF is a water ride.

We had a water ride! Also, when Diagon came along, we already had an indoor coaster and multiple screen based simulators.

I’m glad Universal’s replacing T2 with another stunt show, but the loss of classic IPs is taking a toll on the park’s identity. Can’t they just update classic attractions? Terminator’s far more iconic of a character than Jason Bourne.

What’s also funny is how hard they wiff a worthy IP upgrade - looking at you F&F. To me, this all signals too many hands in the pot with no unifying vision, just let’s make $.

Whether its this year or not, I hope this is open for either the 2 nights ill be there this fall, or the week I plan to spend next February. Really coming for 2 nights to see VB and ride Hagrid but this would be suucchh a bonus for either trip.