Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Sorry if I offended anyone!
I've actually done some character work as Sparky the Fire Dog and Elmer the Elephant and so I understand how you never really want anyone to see you out of costume, but at the same time we're all adults here and we know it's just a costume. I thought it was neat to see them this way...
I've gone ahead and spoiler tagged my post.

Would we allow pictures of Mickey Mouse half dressed on here?

I wouldn't be surprised when Universal finds out about this pic, which they will, that legal notices are served.

That's not being whiny. That protecting this site from problems that could arise.

Would we allow pictures of Mickey Mouse half dressed on here?

I wouldn't be surprised when Universal finds out about this pic, which they will, that legal notices are served.

That's not being whiny. That protecting this site from problems that could arise.

I hate detracting threads..however, I am going to say something here: Is the photo taken on Universal's grounds? One would assume the copter that Bio was on was off Universal property; and was safe to take the photos to begin with (which, the photos were never meant originally to be about that, it was showing the progress of the building extension when it was in steel).

If it was on-property, then I'd say it's fair game to be removed; however, I do not agree that it should be removed if they were taken off-property. Whether we comment or not of the backstage performers doing things, is in morality.

I hate detracting threads..however, I am going to say something here: Is the photo taken on Universal's grounds? One would assume the copter that Bio was on was off Universal property; and was safe to take the photos to begin with (which, the photos were never meant originally to be about that, it was showing the progress of the building extension when it was in steel).

If it was on-property, then I'd say it's fair game to be removed; however, I do not agree that it should be removed if they were taken off-property. Whether we comment or not of the backstage performers doing things, is in morality.
Yeah I agree with the Original Picture being fine. It's the one that has the blown up the images of performers in half dress which is wrong and should be removed. If for any other reason, those characters have nothing to do with T2 OR its replacement. So it doesn't belong in this forum thread.

The post says "You can also see a TM carrying their penguin costume and one putting it on before going onstage." Please tell me why that's appropriate?

So about the T2 replacement.....I guess it's not looking good for an opening before I visit in November lol. It seems weird for this to be closed for over 2 years now. How long was it originally rumored to take to be replaced?

Universal is using a Terminator, in the future, alternate reality timeline....So, bottom line, it's already opened in some Universal Parks future earths' timelines. But in this future Earth timeline, it's not open yet.....Official Universal, in the future, for this Earth reality only, press release. ;)

Universal is using a Terminator, in the future, alternate reality timeline....So, bottom line, it's already opened in some Universal Parks future earths' timelines. But in this future Earth timeline, it's not open yet.....Official Universal, in the future, for this Earth reality only, press release. ;)

Maybe there's a chance it's still Bond and will be timed to open with the new film. I can dream anyway...

a genuine complaint about the security and welfare of performers
Can you reference the genuine complaint about security and welfare of performers? I can’t find a post about that anywhere...

As a former actor who knows quite a few of the performers at the parks, while character integrity is important - most of them are not nearly as concerned as has been made out here.
Disneyland Paris always maintains character integrity.

(Just an excuse to use one of the funniest/most ridiculous backstage Disney clips ever shown)

Maybe there's a chance it's still Bond and will be timed to open with the new film. I can dream anyway...

I saw a video on YouTube a couple of days ago where they spied a Mini that’s been suspended in the building, which would reference Bourne. That’s been the rumor for the longest so I’m fully expecting it to be a Bourne show. Doesn’t make sense to me. I know they want to utilize their properties but Bourne hasn’t been relevant for a while now and was never iconic like Terminator.

Can you reference the genuine complaint about security and welfare of performers? I can’t find a post about that anywhere...

(Just an excuse to use one of the funniest/most ridiculous backstage Disney clips ever shown)

1. I don't know if you mean that literally or in a sarcastic manner but the start of the "genuine complaint" is Darkridelover's message on page 172.

I don't fully agree with what he says, even though i stood up for him. This conversation has made me realize that when and how to film performers behind the scenes in a very thin line to walk.

2. Oh god... Think i'm gonna need a shower after watching that video. Feel so unclean now.

I saw a video on YouTube a couple of days ago where they spied a Mini that’s been suspended in the building, which would reference Bourne. That’s been the rumor for the longest so I’m fully expecting it to be a Bourne show. Doesn’t make sense to me. I know they want to utilize their properties but Bourne hasn’t been relevant for a while now and was never iconic like Terminator.
Yea, a Mini was always rumored for the queue. I've heard from serveral sources that multiple props that look like they're for Bourne have been brought in, so there's no question in my mind that it's still Bourne (not that there ever was).

Not sure it matters. There is hardly any difference in action films when translated to an attraction. Car chase scenes, choreographed fighting, explosions, and gun fire pretty much cover every action film ever made, and the majority of the film time.

The subtle differences in action films can't be properly imitated in a theme park attraction. The only clear difference will be music. Its not the Bond theme song, but Bourne has some pretty good compositions.

They manage to save money by using their own material, so I think it was a very smart move.

Also, the name recognition of Bond or Bourne wouldn't have made much of a difference in bringing people to the parks. I am not saying that Bond wouldn't have brought more people than Bourne, but is the difference really worth the licensing fees.

Not sure it matters. There is hardly any difference in action films when translated to an attraction. Car chase scenes, choreographed fighting, explosions, and gun fire pretty much cover every action film ever made, and the majority of the film time.

The subtle differences in action films can't be properly imitated in a theme park attraction. The only clear difference will be music. Its not the Bond theme song, but Bourne has some pretty good compositions.

They manage to save money by using their own material, so I think it was a very smart move.

Also, the name recognition of Bond or Bourne wouldn't have made much of a difference in bringing people to the parks. I am not saying that Bond wouldn't have brought more people than Bourne, but is the difference really worth the licensing fees.

Music would be the primary (and still minimal) difference.
And while the Bond theme is iconic, Moby is no slouch.

(Just an excuse to use one of the funniest/most ridiculous backstage Disney clips ever shown)[/QUOTE]
They really should use this in their marketing.