Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

What I find interesting also on the preshow that it not only makes a reference to Genysis, but it makes a reference to Sarah Connor Chronicles (a great addition to Terminators Mythos) with "Project Angel". Its the little things sometimes to me.

nice pre-show update...no more Shaq, lol

I wonder if they'll change the name to Terminator 3D or something else if they're making other changes.

Edit: didn't they change the pre-show once before for Shaq, changing from Magic colors to Lakers colors?

Last edited:
T23D has always been my favorite show there since I was a little kid. It's nice to see that Universal is still acknowledging it and putting some money into it for upgrades.

I really hope they can keep the feel of the show while updating it, the Preshow seems to do it perfectly... I'm excited they're still updating it, I know it's definitely not off the chopping block but I'm hoping it prolongs the lifespan because I really do love this show, it's one of my favorite attractions because it's so unique...

I also enjoyed Genisys, I thought it was a lot of fun and sufficiently engaging.

Yeah, all that might possibly be is the projectors will be sending light through dolby 3D filters. Otherwise, it would mean that the cgi is being redone, which would kinda wreck the nostagia of the original movie.

Yeah, all that might possibly be is the projectors will be sending light through dolby 3D filters. Otherwise, it would mean that the cgi is being redone, which would kinda wreck the nostagia of the original movie.
I wouldn't think they would want anyone to associate the word "nostalgia" with this attraction.

A completely new and upgraded crystal clear T2 preshow video debuted tonight. New script and new video. Full video will be up later!

Interesting that they are tying in Genisys after its poor domestic performance... Then again, it did decent overseas.

It makes sense, even with poor domestic performance, that they would want to keep the attraction SEEM up to date by fairly cheaply changing out the pre-show to mention Genisys while at the same time not really changing the main show at all (aside from projector upgrades).

not just poor domestic Performance, but the huge fan backlash and hate. (even hate from non fans of the series) People were upset of how nonsensical it was and how it tried to erased the better movies.

I remember most reviews and even word of mouth were very negative and a lot of people referred to it as feeling like really bad fan fiction.
reaction was so bad that, Didn't they cancel or hold any future installments of this Genysis thing? (I Remember reading about them abandoning this new series of movies for a while)

What I find interesting also on the preshow that it not only makes a reference to Genysis, but it makes a reference to Sarah Connor Chronicles (a great addition to Terminators Mythos) with "Project Angel". Its the little things sometimes to me.
"Project Angel" is actually Terminator Salvation, not Sarah Connor Chronicles ;-)

I do miss the old narrator they had for the pre-show..creepy, yet calming..

I appreciate the upgrades and hope they continue to update this attraction...the sound and projection were not looking well last time I went through..however, I still think it is one of the more creative "shows" Universal has done

Really happy to see T2-3D getting some love, as it's my favorite 3D show in any theme park! The new pre-show video maintains the spirit of the original wonderfully while finally bringing it into the 21st century.

This is an attraction that - despite its mid/late 1990s debut - has always been "Classic Universal" to me, so I'm glad it appears to be safe from replacement... for the immediate future, at least!

Really happy to see T2-3D getting some love, as it's my favorite 3D show in any theme park! The new pre-show video maintains the spirit of the original wonderfully while finally bringing it into the 21st century.

This is an attraction that - despite its mid/late 1990s debut - has always been "Classic Universal" to me, so I'm glad it appears to be safe from replacement... for the immediate future, at least!
I'm actually surprised to hear it is so safe. Hollywood doesn't have any rides there. I would think eventually T2:3D will eventually go for a more relevant Property.

I suspect they'll keep it around until at least when Nintendo opens. They need to keep it for now simply for capacity and as an all-ages attraction.

not just poor domestic Performance, but the huge fan backlash and hate. (even hate from non fans of the series) People were upset of how nonsensical it was and how it tried to erased the better movies.

I remember most reviews and even word of mouth were very negative and a lot of people referred to it as feeling like really bad fan fiction.
reaction was so bad that, Didn't they cancel or hold any future installments of this Genysis thing? (I Remember reading about them abandoning this new series of movies for a while)

ooh, now I REALLY have to watch it :p

I'm actually surprised to hear it is so safe. Hollywood doesn't have any rides there. I would think eventually T2:3D will eventually go for a more relevant Property.

I suspect they'll keep it around until at least when Nintendo opens. They need to keep it for now simply for capacity and as an all-ages attraction.

I'm sure you're probably right that it will be replaced eventually, but I think even this slight refresh has bought it a few extra years.

But if it ends up closing before we have replacements for Shrek and Fear Factor, I will not be very happy! Those are far more critical plots, in my opinion, than the one T2 occupies in Hollywood.

I'm sure you're probably right that it will be replaced eventually, but I think even this slight refresh has bought it a few extra years.

But if it ends up closing before we have replacements for Shrek and Fear Factor, I will not be very happy! Those are far more critical plots, in my opinion, than the one T2 occupies in Hollywood.
If I had my way, I'd demo Shrek and replace it with... Nothing. Maybe add a small park type of thing and maybe move/add a second Starbucks. It's too crowded along that pathway and getting rid of that building would really clear things up.

Of course I know Uni is pretty scarce on land, so that's not practical. However the entry to the park is very closed in when walking throug DM and Shrek.