Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

If I had my way, I'd demo Shrek and replace it with... Nothing. Maybe add a small park type of thing and maybe move/add a second Starbucks. It's too crowded along that pathway and getting rid of that building would really clear things up.

Of course I know Uni is pretty scarce on land, so that's not practical. However the entry to the park is very closed in when walking throug DM and Shrek.

Not to get too off-topic, but I've always thought the Shrek plot should be home to Universal's (perhaps not as elaborate) equivalent of The Great Movie Ride. They'd have to get creative due to the size of the plot (a multi-level attraction, maybe?), but it would be a perfect fit for that location, since it could serve as a kind of "introduction" to Universal's cinematic history, and it would allow them to showcase both properties that were once in the park but no longer are (Jaws, BTTF, assorted Hitchcock films), as well as everything else in their vast library (the Classic Monsters, for example).

I would rather Shrek become home to Orlando's Super Silly Funland and the Despicable Me facade would be built up to look more like Hollywood's. This could be the new Kid Zone once it is replaced by Nintendoland (I know everyone is saying they will appeal to similar demographics but the really young kids part of Kid Zone will not have a new equivalent in NintendoLand.).

I would rather Shrek become home to Orlando's Super Silly Funland and the Despicable Me facade would be built up to look more like Hollywood's. This could be the new Kid Zone once it is replaced by Nintendoland (I know everyone is saying they will appeal to similar demographics but the really young kids part of Kid Zone will not have a new equivalent in NintendoLand.).
That would be great, although with SLoP going to IOA, I want to hold out hope that a new, better DM attraction could be created for there (along with fun land). DM deserves a better ride rather than being Shoehorned into it's current location.

Not to get too off-topic, but I've always thought the Shrek plot should be home to Universal's (perhaps not as elaborate) equivalent of The Great Movie Ride. They'd have to get creative due to the size of the plot (a multi-level attraction, maybe?), but it would be a perfect fit for that location, since it could serve as a kind of "introduction" to Universal's cinematic history, and it would allow them to showcase both properties that were once in the park but no longer are (Jaws, BTTF, assorted Hitchcock films), as well as everything else in their vast library (the Classic Monsters, for example).

well since all rides are screens now the space wouldn't be an issue, look at Transformers,
A Great Universal Movie ride could even be done in the same style of Soarin or the Simpsons ride... have one giant screen to showcase the movies.

Or just Keep the Shrek theaters and have it be a 4D Great movie ride in the same Shrek screens,
no need to make a new building since the screens are right there

would it be weird that this super silly funland would be the first thing you see when you enter?

Honestly I think that the super silly fun land (SSFL?) isn't very aesthetically pleasing (read: it's ugly)

I agree. I mean it's cute for what it is but I wouldn't want the entrance to the park to be that aesthetic plus some flat rides. I have no problem seeing studio buildings on Production Central when I enter Universal Studios.

well since all rides are screens now the space wouldn't be an issue, look at Transformers,
A Great Universal Movie ride could even be done in the same style of Soarin or the Simpsons ride... have one giant screen to showcase the movies.

Or just Keep the Shrek theaters and have it be a 4D Great movie ride in the same Shrek screens,
no need to make a new building since the screens are right there

I should have included "AA and set intensive" in my description of the ride I'm seeing in my head! Part of the appeal would be going 180-degrees away from Shrek and - in the process - removing one of the (what will be) 5 3D-based attractions at the very front of the park.

I should have included "AA and set intensive" in my description of the ride I'm seeing in my head! Part of the appeal would be going 180-degrees away from Shrek and - in the process - removing one of the (what will be) 5 3D-based attractions at the very front of the park.

\i kinda knew thats what you meant but Uni will probably never do that kind of ride ever again lol

if anything i will fear the moment when MIB and ET are replaced by more screens.

\i kinda knew thats what you meant but Uni will probably never do that kind of ride ever again lol

if anything i will fear the moment when MIB and ET are replaced by more screens.

Well if the Slop rumors hold, then Uni will be doing that kind of ride.

Oh my god they actually mention Genysys? Lol. Oh no. I'd have rather kept the 1990s version.

:lol:

The idea behind mentioning it is fine. I mean the attraction can't tout having "state-of-the-art" tech when most of the old pre-show featured things that are now default tech for the everyday life (not to mention, Shaq in a Laker jersey).

I think they should also redo the entrance to T2. I feel like a lot of people don't even notice the show is there because it just kind of blends in with the other buildings.

Word on the street has it that snazzy new preshow wasn't exactly 100% approved by the powers that be, so expect to see something different tomorrow. ;)