T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Terminator seems more of an attraction for vacationers rather than locals. I love to attend it once a vacation. But if I was a local I'd probably only watch it a couple of times a year. But attractions like this are important to keep for the tourists. It's a good balance attraction.
Among the locals I know who frequent the parks often, this is true. We don't have an outright HATE for the attraction, but the whole 3D thing for a movie that is so old doesn't appeal to most of us. I did Twister more than T2 as well as Disaster.

Reactions: Mad Dog
im a local and i love t2 and would do it over and over but i think the biggest problem is that the 3d is outdated and im forced to take of my glasses for most of it kinda the same with Shrek if they updated it i think locals would make it an every visit attraction

Among the locals I know who frequent the parks often, this is true. We don't have an outright HATE for the attraction, but the whole 3D thing for a movie that is so old doesn't appeal to most of us. I did Twister more than T2 as well as Disaster.

Same here. I rather feel wind, fire, and rain while watching something physical vs watching the same 12-minute 3D film for the umpteenth time. However, I'm always interested in updates and will be there to see any enhancements they've made to the experience.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Same here. I rather feel wind, fire, and rain while watching something physical vs watching the same 12-minute 3D film for the umpteenth time. However, I'm always interested in updates and will be there to see any enhancements they've made to the experience.
I understand. I hope Universal broaden's their offerings of 3D attractions. I don't mind it, I just don't need anymore theater 3D. Though Gringotts is in 3D it's a hybrid coaster. Now that makes for an awesome experience.

People would probably appreciate the show more if they actually saw the movie (one of the best movies of all time just saying), and yes, I know a lot of people who haven't seen it. Hopefully the 3D rerelease of T2 in 2016 will help that a little bit.

People would probably appreciate the show more if they actually saw the movie (one of the best movies of all time just saying), and yes, I know a lot of people who haven't seen it. Hopefully the 3D rerelease of T2 in 2016 will help that a little bit.

I agree. Terminator 2 is an all time classic. I finally saw Genisys last night and compared to T2 its just garbage.

Reactions: Mad Dog
T2:3-D is easily my favorite 3D/4D show I've seen. The mix of robotics, live actors, in-theater effects and 3D really help to immerse me in the experience. I always leave completely blown away. If you want a really crazy experience, sit in the first 4 rows. That final CO2 effect will completely envelop you. Very cool.
I agree. I love T23D. It's my favorite Universal Studios show.

Reactions: sarahphoenix
If you think the first 4 rows is a crazy experience, you should have seen the show when it first opened. The entire theater was completely filled up with fog and then the seats would 'drop'. The first time we saw the show we sat towards the back of the theater and we were even completely surrounded by fog there when the seats dropped. I vividly remember the doors opening to the gift shop and fog streaming out after each show.

T2 3D is a great theatrical experience. It is the best 3D show in any theme park. Not even Disney's extensive collection of 3D films comes close to what T2 3D offers in terms of immersion. I hope the show stays a while and receives some upgrades. It is still a very relevant IP but the film could use some upgrades. Hopefully the additions to the pre-show not too long ago are an indication the show is staying around and will get upgrades throughout.

If you think the first 4 rows is a crazy experience, you should have seen the show when it first opened. The entire theater was completely filled up with fog and then the seats would 'drop'. The first time we saw the show we sat towards the back of the theater and we were even completely surrounded by fog there when the seats dropped. I vividly remember the doors opening to the gift shop and fog streaming out after each show.

This is how I remember my original experience as well. We sat in the very last row and I clearly remember the fog reaching us before the seats dropped. Very cool effect to see the fog roll across the crowd so quickly towards you.

Anybody going to Universal Studios Florida these days? The Terminator 2 3D show has the rare variation in which Kimberley survives instead of being killed by the T-1000, and I'm desperately looking for footage of that alternate version.

Anybody going to Universal Studios Florida these days? The Terminator 2 3D show has the rare variation in which Kimberley survives instead of being killed by the T-1000, and I'm desperately looking for footage of that alternate version.

I saw it. She literally is just like "Oh no you're not security!" Then runs off stage (towards the right side of the stage if you're facing the stage from the audience)

I saw it. She literally is just like "Oh no you're not security!" Then runs off stage (towards the right side of the stage if you're facing the stage from the audience)

That's so random! Why do they do that?

I know videotaping is not allowed by the Cyberdyne crew but I'm looking for footage of that scene (T-1000 entrance en Kimberley's alternative exit, don't need the rest). If anyone could record it for me, I would be really happy.