Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

oh-hi-there-213927.gif
*right-clicks. Save*

*dies of laughter."

Yes. In this type attraction. a good plot, good writing & good effects are more important than the IP. One action genre IP isn't all that different than another action IP when it comes to a show like this , Bond, Bourne, etc. are all about the same. It's not like Sean Connery or Roger Moore are going to be on stage. No real big deal.
Yeah, because Connery retired and Moore is dead.

If you takeaway that it was an ancient attraction which was literally falling apart at the seams, sure.
Yes. I loved Terminator, especially since it was so unique. But the last two times I saw it in May 2017, it definitely was falling apart, like Disaster during it's last years. And when the bike didn't work, which seemed to be happening often, the entire show suffered big time. ....Terminator was a great show, but it's time had come.

Yes. In this type attraction. a good plot, good writing & good effects are more important than the IP. One action genre IP isn't all that different than another action IP when it comes to a show like this , Bond, Bourne, etc. are all about the same. It's not like Sean Connery or Roger Moore are going to be on stage. No real big deal.

This is hitting the nail on the head. Universal probably have a great idea for this type of show and Bourne is just an easier sell to the public.

Iconic? Maybe for being a mediocre and forgettable franchise, in which the last installment was a flop.

Kind of like Tron and Song of the South? Bad IP =/= bad attraction.

Those are rides, this is a stunt show. Bit of a difference. A BTS angle could be interesting tho

Then to bring this back up then, if we don't count rides, Waterworld, a film that was the biggest bomb for a long time, grew to have a show that has now been iconic and in multiple parks.

I do think Bourne has a bit more than WW ever did, but that's because it's been a long standing franchise, regardless of the performance of Legacy and Jason Bourne.

It matters on the writing, action, and how it takes itself to determine what people will think of it, IMO.

The eighth voyage of sinbad has nothing to do with the movie. Side note: I find it interesting that back in the late 90's/early 2000's we got IOA with a Sinbad attraction and Tokyo DisneySea also got a Sinbad (Sindbad) attraction, PLUS a very similar themed hotel in Portofino Bay/Miracosta (by the way, the Miracosta is WAAAAY nicer than Portofino Bay).

I have a feeling that Disney had these concepts in the works when Eisner let go of lots of imagineers post 1994 and Euro Disney's problems, so we got similar things in both resorts.

Tron was a great idea with a movie ahead of its time, that also IMO happens to be boring.

With Song of the South, Eisner actually asked for a proof-of-concept by re-releasing it which did decent, but he knew that the problematic Uncle Remus segments needed to be scrubbed. It was only a couple years after that they decided that SotS was going permanently into the Disney Vault.