T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really think it's the whole package that sells Fallon though. The ride itself is fairly mediocre.

I know what GSATs are like for the ride, but here's my theory on it - It replaced Twister, which had the word "RIDE" in it's title, yet was pretty much a walkthrough. With Fallon, unless you know better - and most guests don't - you'd expect that a Tonight Show attraction would be a show. So going in and seeing that it's a zany ride with a fun queue environment that all members of the family can enjoy really are what give that GSAT the boost that it probably wouldn't have otherwise.

I mean, sure - but it doesn’t matter why. A positive score is a positive score.

My point basically was (and has been repeated as naeseum) we are a small niche of an opinion; and even then, not everything will be a winner - let alone for their tastes.

My point basically was (and has been repeated as naeseum) we are a small niche of an opinion; and even then, not everything will be a winner - let alone for their tastes.

That's very fair, but at the same time, I think it's also very fair for some to think that - in the Studios - Universal hasn't been giving us their truly best effort since Diagon Alley.

The GP can think whatever they want, and that's not invalid, but as a fan of theme parks, it's been quite a long time since I've felt like Universal added a new ride/attraction in USF that I unreservedly, 100% enjoyed.

That's very fair, but at the same time, I think it's also very fair for some to think that - in the Studios - Universal hasn't been giving us their truly best effort since Diagon Alley.

The GP can think whatever it wants, and that's not invalid, but as a fan of theme parks, it's been quite a long time since I've felt like Universal added a new ride in USF that I unreservedly, 100% enjoyed.

I mean...Diagon was 4 years ago. Disney hasn't added a ride to Epcot I unreservedly, 100% enjoy since 2005 (and then they ruined that with Soarin' Around the World) or to DHS since 1994.

I agree that Fallon and F&F are mediocre to bad...but it's been 4 years since USF also got arguably the best themed land in the world.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

The GP can think whatever they want, and that's not invalid, but as a fan of theme parks, it's been quite a long time since I've felt like Universal added a new ride/attraction in USF that I unreservedly, 100% enjoyed.

Oh they are definitely not immune to criticism. Just some people need to see the forest for the trees in some cases. In the grand scheme of things, Comcast/Universal is still relatively young, especially since they started going all-in in 2010 after Potter. Growing pains and such.

We all know they don’t sit around the table and think “so how can we really piss off our fans”. :lol:

Every resort peaks and valleys. Just for comparisons sake, Disney - from 2000-2010 - added several rides that are considered bad (Stitch, Imagination redo), or dealt with bad press (Mission:Space). The only thing that eventually motivated them to finally get their butts moving was the success of Potterland 1 & 2.

Regardless, the Resort has seen an unprecented growth in the past 8 years. There was a time fans were happy enough that the High in the Sky trolley was announced just because it was something...

I agree that Fallon and F&F are mediocre to bad...but it's been 4 years since USF also got arguably the best themed land in the world.
To go alongside another arguably best themed land just 4 years before that.
Not to mention a revolutionary & groundbreaking form of transportation between parks.

It reminds me of Apple w/ the iPod, iPhone and iPad and people wondering what the "next big thing" will be.
It's as if people aren't ok with just 1, 2 or even 3 revolutionary things anymore.

Eli Whitney would be a scrub based on today's standards. :)

To go alongside another arguably best themed land just 4 years before that.
Not to mention a revolutionary & groundbreaking form of transportation between parks.

It reminds me of Apple w/ the iPod, iPhone and iPad.
It's as if people aren't ok with just 1 revolutionary thing anymore.

Eli Whitney would be a scrub today. :)

Not to mention last year we got a new water park filled with incredible slides.

I know people think I'm an apologist, but I prefer realist. Yea, getting Fallon and F&F back to back sucked. But I'll take those when I got Hogsmeade, Diagon, Transformers, Kong, VB, the redone CityWalk, more hotel choices, upgraded Spider-Man, upgraded Hulk, FFB, a (hopefully) good USF nightshow, the nighttime lights at Hogwarts, and the Potter coaster. And that's just the stuff since 2010. That's not even mentioning the purchase of land for a whole new resort complex featuring freaking Nintendo.

I get it. 2 not great rides in a row sucks. But if it bothers people that much, don't go the years they open bad rides. Save your money for the Potter coaster next year, or the next year when redone Jurassic Park looks like it will be opening. If you're really that upset at Fallon and F&F, and you show up anyway, Uni's just gonna shrug their shoulders.

I mean...Diagon was 4 years ago. Disney hasn't added a ride to Epcot I unreservedly, 100% enjoy since 2005 (and then they ruined that with Soarin' Around the World) or to DHS since 1994.

Not everything has to come back to a "Well, but Disney!" rationale.

But if we want to do it that way, I have to go all the way back to Revenge of the Mummy to find an attraction I'm 100% satisfied with at USF. I truly adore Diagon Alley as a place, and think it's remarkable, but I have no affection for Gringotts itself.

Oh they are definitely not immune to criticism. Just some people need to see the forest for the trees in some cases. In the grand scheme of things, Comcast/Universal is still relatively young, especially since they started going all-in in 2010 after Potter. Growing pains and such.

We all know they don’t sit around the table and think “so how can we really piss off our fans”. :lol:

Every resort peaks and valleys. Just for comparisons sake, Disney - from 2000-2010 - added several rides that are considered bad (Stitch, Imagination redo), or dealt with bad press (Mission:Space). The only thing that eventually motivated them to finally get their butts moving was the success of Potterland 1 & 2.

Regardless, the Resort has seen an unprecented growth in the past 8 years. There was a time fans were happy enough that the High in the Sky trolley was announced just because it was something...

I get all of that. I'm not just slinging criticism for the hell of it, nor do I think Universal has been putting out a crap product en masse; Islands of Adventure remains one of the best theme parks I've ever been in, and the theme work surrounding their newest attractions at Universal Studios Florida is absolutely top shelf.

I am just concerned that - in the absence of Nintendo coming to KidZone, Ministry of Magic coming, or Shrek getting replaced - it's going to be a long, long time before USF gets back into what I would consider to be fighting shape. T2's replacement may be a start, but a relatively small one.

I am just concerned that - in the absence of Nintendo coming to KidZone, Ministry of Magic coming, or Shrek getting replaced - it's going to be a long, long time before USF gets back into what I would consider to be fighting shape. T2's replacement may be a start, but a relatively small one.

Personally I consider USF/IoA as one park. With the HE, I rarely if ever stay in one of the entire day, so personally it just doesn't bother me if one side is weaker than the other.

It reminds me of Apple w/ the iPod, iPhone and iPad and people wondering what the "next big thing" will be.
It's as if people aren't ok with just 1, 2 or even 3 revolutionary things anymore
I disagree. I’m not even hoping for anything revolutionary, just something up to the bar set by Diagon and Hogsmeade, but it’s not like they’ve opened a new land and it was bad, so I don’t see the big deal, just give them some time, they’ve got a lot of stuff on their plate right now.:shrug:

Last edited:
Personally I consider USF/IoA as one park. With the HE, I rarely if ever stay in one of the entire day, so personally it just doesn't bother me if one side is weaker than the other.

Well, therein lies another of our differences! I rarely jump between parks (except to ride the Hogwarts Express back and forth). I much prefer to dedicate one day at each park, just as I do at Disney. Consequently, I think both parks should be both thematically distinct and diverse and varied from an attractions lineup perspective.

Universal Creative is doing this show. All major entertainment builds aside from street shows are done by Universal Creative and even then the street shows are approved through creative. There is a whole Entertainment Production Division in Universal Creative.

But...they're not. And that's why the project is a disaster so far and 6-9 months behind schedule. It hasn't happened before, and likely now won't happen again, but this is an Entertainment project.

But...they're not. And that's why the project is a disaster so far and 6-9 months behind schedule. It hasn't happened before, and likely now won't happen again, but this is an Entertainment project.
I still believe Terminator shouldn’t have closed and instead gotten a proper refurbishment like what they’re probably doing for Jurassic World: The Ride in Hollywood.

I still believe Terminator shouldn’t have closed and instead gotten a proper refurbishment like what they’re probably doing for Jurassic World: The Ride in Hollywood.
The show seemed past its prime. I could easily a Terminator dark ride. The trouble is the old films are old and the new films are just not doing well at the box office.

But you can't synergy with Terminator
This is where Universal really drops the ball. Yes, synergy is important, but you can't base every attraction on your current IPs...especially when many of them aren't good. I get the whole "lets build the new flash-in-the-pan movie attraction" but there really should be a balance between current IPs and classic IPs. Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, and Jaws are timeless. You can put in a crummy Jason Bourne attraction but why not build a BTTF coaster too?

This is where Universal really drops the ball. Yes, synergy is important, but you can't base every attraction on your current IPs...especially when many of them aren't good. I get the whole "lets build the new flash-in-the-pan movie attraction" but there really should be a balance between current IPs and classic IPs. Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, and Jaws are timeless. You can put in a crummy Jason Bourne attraction but why not build a BTTF coaster too?

I mean, outside of Bourne I can't think of a property they based a ride off of that was a bad idea/trying to cash in on a fad. F&F and Fallon turned out to be not good, but those movies are clearly not flashes in the pan and the Tonight Show has been around for 74 freaking years.

And Bourne is, to be fair, their second choice with the location. It was the backup plan. It's a puzzling choice, no doubt at all. I just don't see Bourne as part of a trend of making rides based off questionable IP

Because a BTTF coaster takes up a ton of space and isn’t just replacing an old attraction.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I mean, outside of Bourne I can't think of a property they based a ride off of that was a bad idea/trying to cash in on a fad. F&F and Fallon turned out to be not good, but those movies are clearly not flashes in the pan and the Tonight Show has been around for 74 freaking years.

And Bourne is, to be fair, their second choice with the location. It was the backup plan. It's a puzzling choice, no doubt at all. I just don't see Bourne as part of a trend of making rides based off questionable IP
Yeah, if you can say anything about UOR, it’s that they base their attractions on timeless franchises.

Reactions: tankart150