Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific to Close

Jan 31, 2013

Emeril's Tchoup Chop Closing

Emeril’s Tchoup Chop Closing at Universal Orland’s Royal Pacific Resort | Inside Universal

Emeril's Tchoup Chop, the pseudo Hawaiian restaurant developed by celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse, will close Dec. 31. The restaurant, which opened in 2003, is in the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando.

No idea why, when Sapphire Falls opened the sign they had out by the road was taken down, but not sure why. Tchoup Chop is one of the better places on property. (I prefer it over the proper Emeril's in CityWlk)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a shame. We always enjoyed their Happy Hour appetizers Specials at the bar area. Excellent unique appetizers at a great price for Happy Hour. That definitely will be missed....I wonder if Sapphire's StrongWater Tavern, with their excellent small plates menu, diverted business from Tchoup Tchoup. StrongWater is only a 3 to 5 minute walk from the Royal Pacific.

I'm so sad! This is one of my favorite restaurants ANYWHERE. So much so that I just celebrated my birthday there with a big group this year. It will be sorely missed.

That's a shame. We always enjoyed their Happy Hour appetizers Specials at the bar area. Excellent unique appetizers at a great price for Happy Hour. That definitely will be missed....I wonder if Sapphire's StrongWater Tavern, with their excellent small plates menu, diverted business from Tchoup Tchoup. StrongWater is only a 3 to 5 minute walk from the Royal Pacific.
I don't think it was competition, sounds more like the end of a contract and lack of interest in reupping. Hope they can put a similar concept in place, RPR need this space to be in theme.

I don't think it was competition, sounds more like the end of a contract and lack of interest in reupping. Hope they can put a similar concept in place, RPR need this space to be in theme.

Yeah it's either they weren't making enough to justify the rent, or Uni has something else they want there.

I have enjoyed meals here. I have never eaten and any other Emeriel’s. I was never really a fan of his nor his style (cooking) but we did eat here on a few of our RPR stays.

I am certain UNI will find something to go there though.

Tchoup tchoup is one of my favorites restaurants in Orlando, been several time and have had some wonderful meals, top services in wonderful surroundings which create a unique atmosphere.

I will miss sitting at the kitchen high top seats, watching and interacting with the chefs whilst enjoying a meal.

Not beck in Orlando until 2018 so won't get the chance for one let hurrah :(

This is a real shame.

Heard this a few months ago they were looking not to renew their lease. Sounds like either UOR/Loew's raised the lease price too much or Tchoup Chop attendance went down. Maybe both. With a stronger CityWalk line up and more hotel competition I could see less guests going as much as lease price going up.

A shame as I didn't get to go my last trip.

This may not mean anything (coincidence), but there was a survey crew all around Emeril's in CityWalk pretty much all this morning.

This may not mean anything (coincidence), but there was a survey crew all around Emeril's in CityWalk pretty much all this morning.

would not surprise me in that if the name sake dropped one location...well, UNI could very well be ready to do something at the City Walk location....I kind of wonder about Jimmy's place as well, I mean didn't he start building one of his bigger places where that China place once was or something (or did that not happen)...I still haven't made it to his resort down here, but, I do not know, to me, it seems if someone start to compete a little, Comcast sometimes seems to cut ties when they can...

I could see them move Emeril's to Royal Pacific and put a new concept into the CityWalk location (wink wink Melt Bar & Grilled plz)

would not surprise me in that if the name sake dropped one location...well, UNI could very well be ready to do something at the City Walk location....I kind of wonder about Jimmy's place as well, I mean didn't he start building one of his bigger places where that China place once was or something (or did that not happen)...I still haven't made it to his resort down here, but, I do not know, to me, it seems if someone start to compete a little, Comcast sometimes seems to cut ties when they can...
Yeah he has a little place down on 192......
More than just a place to waste away, Margaritaville is going to be HUGE | Blogs

Universal runs the CityWalk location (probably plays into why they want to build their own in MCO) and they have a strong enough relationship to have the first West Coast Margaritaville open in CityWalk at USH.

yeah, I assume things are good now...heck, Jimmy knew how to hold onto his drinks in Jurassic World!!

Heard his yesterday and was completely bummed. The chef there (Ryan Vargas) I consider a friend- great guy and phenomenal chef and father.

I sent him a message yesterday but not sure where he is going or what. Hopefully Emerils keeps him around- he’s extremely talented

Also- I don’t remember the GMs name- but the guy is awesome. Started busing tables and literally worked himself into that spot as the youngest GM at Emerils with no college- just hard work. Hopefully he lands on his feet as well.

I don't think it ever did as well as they had hoped. It's in a relatively remote corner of the resort when there's already two full service restaurants in the main building. Honestly, I think one of the three restaurants should become a counter service/grab and go/Starbucks, that's what the resort really needs. I'd say Tchoup Chop would be the ideal location for that, but damn would it suck to lose that pretty room.