The American Idol Experence is closing? | Inside Universal Forums

The American Idol Experence is closing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
Inside the Magic reports that cast members of the American a Idol experience were warned that the show will be closing in 6 months, no replacement has been announced.

While I don't like the show, I was going to give it a shot to get over my fear of stage fright. Oh well I guess the rising star will work just as well

I don't know why this post made me laugh so hard.

They did a really good job with the show. It's kind of sad that it's closing considering it's one of the park's newest attractions. :lol:

Careful what you wish for. If you don't like the show, you never have to go into it. However, it's a decent people eater which can only lower waits at other attractions. Given Disney's recent pace, it's likely to join Sounds Dangerous as a dormant building for years to come.

I don't know why this post made me laugh so hard.

They did a really good job with the show. It's kind of sad that it's closing considering it's one of the park's newest attractions. :lol:

well that's what the grumpy cat usually says, maybe it reminded you of that lol

AIE closes Jan. 4th.

I am hoping they quickly switch out the set and put in a Frozen M&G until they solidify their Star Wars plan. Which I would imagine would include that area.

AIE closes Jan. 4th.

I am hoping they quickly switch out the set and put in a Frozen M&G until they solidify their Star Wars plan. Which I would imagine would include that area.

Give Disney some credit. They'll at least turn it into a highly themed trailer screening room.

Don't worry guys, this show will be replaced with another show, the Jedi Academy! Woohoo!! :bang:

I for one am glad its closing, the singers I've seen were near horrible, and I fell asleep.

This is akin to the Universe of Energy, its great to get out of the rain, rest your feet, and take a nap :lol:

I just want it replaced with an honest to god ride / attraction, and not another show which is what DHS is mainly filled with.

4 rides (TSMM, ToT, RRC, ST2.0) 5 if you include backlot, and a bunch of shows, Great Movie ride is a moving show lets be honest.

The show building is too small for an actual ride. I personally think Disney is smart for closing this instead of keeping it around years after idols cancellation. What we will probably get is a Pixar or a frozen iceploration like show in its place.

I personally don't think the AIE was that bad anyways. The finale show was always fun and it was a cool concept all together. I think we can all agree it was the best gameshow attraction in any theme park (not saying much when your competition is fear factor) the set was also cool. Whatever hopefully it gets replaced with a worthwhile attraction that'll have staying power. That building has had garbage after garbage as the years pass

The show building is too small for an actual ride. I personally think Disney is smart for closing this instead of keeping it around years after idols cancellation. What we will probably get is a Pixar or a frozen iceploration like show in its place.

I personally don't think the AIE was that bad anyways. The finale show was always fun and it was a cool concept all together. I think we can all agree it was the best gameshow attraction in any theme park (not saying much when your competition is fear factor) the set was also cool. Whatever hopefully it gets replaced with a worthwhile attraction that'll have staying power. That building has had garbage after garbage as the years pass

who wants to be a millionaire was better

The saddest part about this news is this and the new Starbucks going in next year are the most substantial changes to the park in the last few years. It's been that quiet as far as new experiences go for the park.

The saddest part about this news is this and the new Starbucks going in next year are the most substantial changes to the park in the last few years. It's been that quiet as far as new experiences go for the park.

Well hey atleast it's getting something. MGM is by far the park that needs the new stuff. MK can back off for a couple decades

Well hey atleast it's getting something. MGM is by far the park that needs the new stuff. MK can back off for a couple decades
Well, it's not confirmed to be getting anything yet, only rumored to be losing something. However, the AIE/Sounds Dangerous building is big enough to make an awfully nice ride if they wanted.

I mean, seriously, with all the Star Wars rumors and that building being in the middle of the park, I can't imagine it will be vacant (or at least without activity) for long.

Well, it's not confirmed to be getting anything yet, only rumored to be losing something. However, the AIE/Sounds Dangerous building is big enough to make an awfully nice ride if they wanted.

I mean, seriously, with all the Star Wars rumors and that building being in the middle of the park, I can't imagine it will be vacant (or at least without activity) for long.

Is it? Everytime I go in there (not much mind you) it looks pretty tiny, but whatever I'm not expecting a ride but I'll definitely take one especially if it's Star Wars. Hopefully this stops the rumors of muppetvision being taken down for more Star Wars because I can't even think of a world without muppetvision....it was Jim Henson's last project

Is it? Everytime I go in there (not much mind you) it looks pretty tiny, but whatever I'm not expecting a ride but I'll definitely take one especially if it's Star Wars. Hopefully this stops the rumors of muppetvision being taken down for more Star Wars because I can't even think of a world without muppetvision....it was Jim Henson's last project
The two buildings combined as one space is pretty big (They actually are just one big building). Here's a pictures for better visualization (taken from MAGIC):

DHS.png

The opening of that area really gives the option of doing something unique, a new E Ticket would be great, but the problem with doing anything too crazy is that it bumps right up to the Chinese Theater. Also requires Disney to ACTUALLY build something...

Lol. Wonder if it will still be referred to as "new Fantasyland" in 20 years?

I haven't been to AIE, so I have no feelings on this closing, I just hope it doesn't stand empty for years and years, as Disney tends to do. That park seriously needs an overhaul, and the smartest thing Disney could do would be to build a Star Wars themed area. That is probably one of the few things that would make me pony up the money for an annual pass.