Avengers: Age of Ultron | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How about:

1. Not posting spoilers until after the movie comes out. (granted it was fake)
2. If you're gonna make a spoiler-heavy post, make an effort to hide it...

My apologies. I'm not sure how to make spoiler text. And I'm not sure why I can't post something that many sites have been covering all morning, spoilers or no spoilers. I'm not trying to ruin it for anyone, but some people I know don't mind knowing about this stuff in advance to get stoked, especially considering it doesn't ruin any essential beats in the main film.

Last edited:
Tickets booked for Monday, I'll post my thoughts while waiting for my Orlando Flight the next Morning

This came out here on Thursday, I'm going tomorrow so will let you know how it is.

So yeah, it's pretty awesome. It's not dark knight awesome but it's obviously for different film goers.
I don't want to give too much away but the action starts from the get go and pretty much doesn't give up.
I like the ultron character I much prefer him to Loki even though I thought the actor that played Loki did an excellent job.
I know this may sound crazy but I felt like the enemies in the first one were a bit too far fetched (as far fetched as a movie about super heroes can be) but I found this one more palletable.
The rift between the group wasn't as big as I expected and *spoiler alert* the hulk/mega iron man fight isn't caused because they are pissed off at each other like the trailer showed but simply tony stark trying to calm the crazed hulk down end of spoiler
I felt underwhelmed by iron Man... I hope this isn't him signing out because there's no dramatic exit and he felt under used and I wasn't blown away by how effing awesome iron man is in this like I have been in every other film he has featured in.

Hulk steals the show... They set it up for him to have his own movie quite nicely and I hope they do it right this time... I believe universal still have the rights to hulk movies which would be good for them.,, maybe they could team up with marvel like Sony are for spidey.

Spoiler they set it up for avengers 3 but it's ckear the line up will be very different going forward

That's all I can say without ruining it I think.
There's an extra scene after the main actors credits but if you stay right too the end there's nothing... Just a red marvel card so hopefully I will save you all some time. My screening had about 20 people stay til the very very end only for there to be sighs of disappointment when there was nothing.

Ash

- - - Updated - - -

Tickets booked for Monday, I'll post my thoughts while waiting for my Orlando Flight the next Morning ��

How funny I saw it last night and this time next week will be on my way to Orlando too... See you there

I'll remain optimistic that there may end up being an actual post-credits scene. Wasn't the shawarma scene only added after the Hollywood premiere?

I'll remain optimistic that there may end up being an actual post-credits scene. Wasn't the shawarma scene only added after the Hollywood premiere?

It's already out in a bunch of countries and there's no post credits scene there, I doubt they'd leave them and only include us.

Joss Whedon said in an interview that there was not going to be an after-credits scene, and that it wasn't a fake-out. If I remember correctly, they felt that they couldn't top the shawarma scene.

Anyone seeing this tomorrow? The thing to do now in recent years is to have showings at 7:00 and 8:00 rather than the first one at midnight. So I'm checking it out at 8 tomorrow night. Pumped!

It was good but not as good as the first one (but everyone likes and origin story huh), I liked the use of new characters. I think you can feel some of the tension between the characters that will eventually lead to Civil War, although nothing is actually implied.

Thought it was excellent. Just as good as the first. Only reason I could see people being underwhelmed by it is because I guess the novelty of them all together isn't as big as it was with the first. Since that was such a big deal to finally have all these heroes together on screen finally.

Thoughts on Avengers: Age of Ultron (BEWARE SPOILERS!!!)

- I really enjoyed the film, but I enjoy all of the Marvel Universe films at least at face value.

- One of the best aspects of the pic is that the team is a team now. Sure they have their issues, but it is so awesome to see them banter together. Namely, the party scene in the opening, which is LOADS of fun!

- The team action scenes ROCK! The setups that allow for epic moments like Thor hitting Cap's shield with his Hammer. Every one of those works so well!! But...

- ...the coherence of the action leaves a bit to be desired. I saw this film in 2D on a smaller screen, yet there were some parts (like the Hulkbuster sequence) where I was hard pressed to tell what was going on during my first viewing. Some of it moved at Man of Steel speeds which I wasn't a fan of. I wish Whedon pulled the camera back like he did in the first film to give us a better visual understanding of the complex action.

- The story is a mixed bag, in that it sets some awesome things up while leaving other things dangling. It's great to see scenes like Stark and Rogers verbally fighting in the yard because of their differing opinions (which is a precursor to Civil War next year), but sequences like Thor's vision, where he finds himself in Asgard then a pool of some special something or whatever, were confusing and really went nowhere. Considering Thor: Ragnarok isn't coming until November 2017, that's a long time to wait for a payoff.

- That said, the complaint that the film feels like only a setup for future installments isn't true at all. If anything, this is more streamlined than Iron Man 2, but not as satisfying as movies with no baggage like Captain America: The Winter Soldier (the best film in Phase 2) or Guardians of the Galaxy.

- One of the concerns I had going in was the film stretching to accommodate too many characters. My fear was correct. While it was nice to see some much needed depth for Hawkeye, the newcomers like Scarlet Witch, and especially Quicksilver and Vision, were sorely under-utilized.

- But, here's the next point. They are under-utilized because with a 2 hour and 20 min runtime, you can only get so much done. Develop new characters in spinoff films, not in a group movie that is already over-crowded. I really wish they could have used the growth time from them on the villain.

- Speaking of which, WOW! Ultron is an awesome villain! He may not have multiple layers to him like Loki, but he's questionably the most intimidating antagonist yet in the MCU. I just wish he was in the movie more!

- Also, the New Avengers team. At the end of the movie, when Cap showed the new team was Falcon, War Machine, Vision and Scarlet Witch, I couldn't help but be underwhelmed. Am i interested to see where they take this? Absolutely! But, every one of them is a supporting player with considerable less depth, charisma and charm than Stark, Thor or even Bruce Banner! I like all of the characters, I'm just worried that Part 1 of Infinity War (more on that next) will be this team.

- Overall, I enjoyed the movie a lot, despite the numerous issues I had with it. The pacing is all over the place and there are way too many plot lines, but the characters are so much fun to see on-screen together, Ultron is a kick-ass villain and the action sequences (even if at times confusing) are some of the most epic put on film to date! I'm skeptical about Civil War and more so, Infinity War with having to juggle even more characters than this, but I'm hoping the two-film break up and standalone movies will do a better job setting us up in advance! As of right now, my film rankings of the MCU below.

1) The Avengers
2) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3) Iron Man
4) Captain America: The First Avenger
5) Guardians of the Galaxy
6) Thor
7) Avengers: Age of Ultron
8) Iron Man 3
9) Thor: The Dark World
10) The Incredible Hulk
11) Iron Man 2

I wouldn't say it's better than the first, but it's close. I'd also place GOTG and Winter Soldier ahead of it. This movie needed to have a longer cut, I'll definitely get the extended version on Blu-Ray. My ranking:

1. Guardians
2. Winter Soldier
3. Avengers
4. Ultron
5. Iron Man
6. Cap 1
7. IM3
8. The Dark World
9. Thor
10. Hulk
11. IM2

I didn't go in expecting it to be a great movie but I was proven wrong. Avengers has been Debunked by this for me, ever so slightly. But I do have a list of rankings too.

1.) Avengers - Age of Ultron
2.) Avengers
3.) GOTG
4.) Cap One
5.) Iron Man
6.) Thor
7.) IM3
8.) Capt. Winter Soldier
9.) Thor: Dark World
10.) IM2

I have not seen the Incredible Hulk so yea..I also think that it was reportedly somewhere in the 3 Hour Mark of how long the film was and that it would of had Loki in it too. So yea, Hoping for a Directors Cut of Age of Ultron.

I didn't go in expecting it to be a great movie but I was proven wrong. Avengers has been Debunked by this for me, ever so slightly. But I do have a list of rankings too.

1.) Avengers - Age of Ultron
2.) Avengers
3.) GOTG
4.) Cap One
5.) Iron Man
6.) Thor
7.) IM3
8.) Capt. Winter Soldier
9.) Thor: Dark World
10.) IM2

I have not seen the Incredible Hulk so yea..I also think that it was reportedly somewhere in the 3 Hour Mark of how long the film was and that it would of had Loki in it too. So yea, Hoping for a Directors Cut of Age of Ultron.

The original cut was 3 and a half hours long, it's going to be released on Blu-Ray and presumably digital.

Loved the movie. It isn't as structurally sound as the first, but it gives audiences more of the comic book action they presumably want. Great character moments. Obviously some of the weird B-plot moments could've been jettisoned.

I'm not sure I buy this 3.5 hour cut thing. I don't think they would spend the $$$ to animate that much material that would be exclusive to a home media release. I definitely seeing us getting a few extra non-CGI scenes, though.