Avengers: Age of Ultron | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Great review Drew.

Below is my Spoiler Free review.

I felt that the movie itself was another great end-cap for this phase. I'm glad that Joss Whedon decided not to use the same formula twice, but with that being said there were some other characters that I had wished that he had expanded upon in relation to their role post HYDRA reveal/Winter Soldier. I know I'm not the only fan that would have been willing to sit in their seat an extra 5-10 minutes to see that on-screen.

Also, if you haven't seen the movie yet, this only has 1 end credits scene unlike Guardians and Winter Soldier, which I think is really stinky.:down:

Overall, a great kickoff to the summer movie season, but still not as great as the original. I can't wait to see how the Russo brothers tackle the Infinity war.

Last edited:
After lots of thought and 2 viewings of it, I think I'll rank this one ahead of the first one, just barely though. I liked the action a lot more and the character development. I'm a big Iron Man fan and he's my favorite Avenger/Marvel superhero but Cap, Thor and Hawkeye really shined here. Here's my rankings of all the MCU movies:

1. Iron Man
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron
3. Avengers
4. Winter Soldier
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Iron Man 2
7. Iron Man 3
8. Captain America:First Avenger
9. Incredible Hulk
10. Thor
11. Thor 2

Saw it on Thursday night....wasn't impressed. I felt the first one was far better. Avengers 2 was largely a rehash of the first film, with Ultron replacing Loki and the fictional European location in Act 3 replacing New York. It wasn't terrible, I just thought it fell far short of the first film. It was cool to see some more character development/backstory presented, and there were more comedic moments than the first film, so those were definite plusses. I also realize that Avengers 2 was the setup for Captain America 3 next summer and will serve as the launching point into Phase 3 starting next year. That should be rather interesting.

I'm going to go see it again this week in IMAX 3D like I originally wanted to. My opinion may change after the second viewing.

I also think Star Wars Episode 7 is going to break records in December and probably beat both Avengers movies.

FYI, Drew: Ant-Man is the end of Marvel Phase 2, not Avengers: Age of Ultron. :wave:

If you read the comics you'll appreciate this film SO much more! There's just so much that would be typically overlooked if you don't have as much knowledge of the characters and lore as the average movie-goer. There were Easter Eggs galore!