Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

Will this show surpass Terminator?

Yes or No?
Too soon to tell for sure, but I definitely hope so.

For as stale as many critics think this IP is, I still enjoy the Bourne movies a lot, and there's definitely a lot of opportunity and promise here. @Alicia spoke on her podcast of the original Mini Cooper from the movie and a full-size helicopter prop possibly being used; if so, I think that'd be the biggest theme park power move of all time.

I think there's every chance Stuntacular may end up being more technically impressive than T2 was.

However, I have much more affection for the first two TERMINATOR movies than I do for any of the BOURNE installments (despite liking the first three quite a bit), and that still counts for a lot for me.

I think there's every chance Stuntacular may end up being more technically impressive than T2 was.

However, I have much more affection for the first two TERMINATOR movies than I do for any of the BOURNE installments (despite liking the first three quite a bit), and that still counts for a lot for me.
There is equity in the Terminator franchise for us classic Universal fans...

I will accept Bourne as a worthy succesor though if it delivers on its promise of bluring reality and screen based action.

One of the things Universal really was a pioneer of in their theme parks was a stunt show. Right now they have no stunt show at all in the Florida parks. Honestly the IP won't matter to most guests, they just want a stunt show that's really impressive. The fact that it's indoors and air conditioned is an even bigger plus.

Terminator 2 3-D definitely set a high bar. I did get to see it when all effects weren't working, but it always impressed and wow-ed. Remains the best Terminator sequel post T2. Hopefully Bourne blows me away. We'll see.

So Dark Fate flopped opening week with out 29 mil. So can put the bed the Terminator IP being relevant.

People are so fatigued by Terminator movies. It is a shame that so many bad movies came out before this one because Dark Fate is excellent!! It is a nice trilogy of the original two. Hoping word of mouth increases tickets sales!